Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2024  (Read 13350 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Non-Richmond games 2024
« Reply #255 on: September 09, 2024, 12:42:08 AM »
"Carlton have to be premiership favourites. And if anyone down the street tries to tell you they shouldn't be then they aren't following the game properly" - Sam McClure

https://x.com/Macetrott/status/1832624074117280231

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/not-following-footy-right-if-you-disagree-hosts-bold-claim-blues-have-to-be-flag-favourites/news-story/a8c13816fe686bed46bf0ff9a79ed3ec

:wallywink

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #256 on: September 09, 2024, 01:32:29 AM »
"Carlton have to be premiership favourites. And if anyone down the street tries to tell you they shouldn't be then they aren't following the game properly" - Sam McClure

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/not-following-footy-right-if-you-disagree-hosts-bold-claim-blues-have-to-be-flag-favourites/news-story/a8c13816fe686bed46bf0ff9a79ed3ec

He was right

Injuries absolutely obliterated them at the right time

And might I add, couldn’t have happened to a better mob  :lol :lol

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: September 09, 2024, 08:31:38 AM »

He was right

Injuries absolutely obliterated them at the right time

And might I add, couldn’t have happened to a better mob  :lol :lol

Agreed. They were ruined.

Would have been a different game if they had a fitter list, particularly Curnow.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #258 on: September 09, 2024, 08:13:11 PM »
If you have to have your best22 on the park or otherwise can only scrape into finals and get convincingly ko’ed week 1, then your no where near as good as your being made out to be. Really good sides are built off a system where if a player goes down you can bring in a less talented player to do a job. God knows we managed to do so in 2019 & 2020.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: September 09, 2024, 08:35:10 PM »
If you have to have your best22 on the park or otherwise can only scrape into finals and get convincingly ko’ed week 1, then your no where near as good as your being made out to be. Really good sides are built off a system where if a player goes down you can bring in a less talented player to do a job. God knows we managed to do so in 2019 & 2020.

Mate
They were obliterated
No team could cover what they copped and be expected to play near maximum
Nobody said they best 22 on the park , but having half of them fully fit helps

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: September 09, 2024, 09:05:53 PM »

Mate
They were obliterated

Okay curnow missed the last 6 weeks, jack also missed 12 games in 2019. Injuries to duds like zac williams dont even come close to an excuse.

They lost TDK, we also lost Nank for the same period if i recall. We lost big time players, but we had role players that did their job. That rabble rely on cripps and sam walsh is a tom mitchel type and nothing more.

They dont have quality back up that are capable of replacing injured players.

They also are a very much loved specie from the umpires and they still screwed it up.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: September 09, 2024, 09:12:39 PM »

Mate
They were obliterated

Okay curnow missed the last 6 weeks, jack also missed 12 games in 2019. Injuries to duds like zac williams dont even come close to an excuse.

They lost TDK, we also lost Nank for the same period if i recall. We lost big time players, but we had role players that did their job. That rabble rely on cripps and sam walsh is a tom mitchel type and nothing more.

They dont have quality back up that are capable of replacing injured players.

They also are a very much loved specie from the umpires and they still screwed it up.

I don’t doubt they would have made a better challenge if they didn’t have those injuries however they obviously have some structural/tactical issues to fall away so badly.

We too were decimated by injuries at times, on top of those FJ mentioned, Lynchy, Cotch, Prestia, Houli, Shedda, etc. all missed large chunks of games in 2019-2020. That’s not even mentioning losing rance in Rd 1, 2019, never to be seen again.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #262 on: September 09, 2024, 09:30:25 PM »
I’m not going to sit here and defend a team I despise tenfold over all other sides combined

But FJ, at one stage this year they were struggling to field a side .. to list a couple of blokes is that far from accurate I can’t express

Missing their FF, CHF, CHB, FB, RUCK and key mids at the same time is more accurate and obviously impossible to cover

Like I said earlier , couldn’t have happened to a more deserving pack of pricks

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #263 on: September 09, 2024, 09:34:38 PM »
Mostly we had healthy lists come September.

A handful of blues players were severely under done.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: September 09, 2024, 09:56:02 PM »
I’m not going to sit here and defend a team I despise tenfold over all other sides combined

:cheers

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #265 on: September 09, 2024, 09:57:23 PM »
Mostly we had healthy lists come September.

A handful of blues players were severely under done.

We were similar. Our players would make it back just in time for finals with a couple of tune up games at most before September rolled in. Honestly the more I think about our premierships the more impressive they get.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2024, 10:24:23 PM »
As much as I hate Portingwood, good to see the smug Hawks knocked off their perch & lmao @ Sicily the flog...... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2024, 10:30:08 PM »
As much as I hate Portingwood, good to see the smug Hawks knocked off their perch & lmao @ Sicily the flog...... :shh

Getting trolled by Hinkley no less  :lol

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2024, 10:31:52 PM »
Ooroo wees and poos

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2024, 10:33:11 PM »

Getting trolled by Hinkley no less  :lol

....and Hodgey sooking up over it in the commentary box.....  :nopity
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.