Author Topic: Sack Yze  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Sack Yze
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2024, 05:13:30 PM »
You tell me the benefit of playing Mcintosh, Pickett etc vs playing a young bloke?

I mean, you lay out the positives and maybe I'll change my view. Why does it matter if we're a laughing stock? We're already at the arse end of the ladder and that's where we shall remain this year regardless of selections. It's not as if Coulthard or Cumberland haven't shown that they can play...they can. They could have a future. Bring them in and any other half decent kid and drop the underperforming senior players.

As important as earning a game is, it's important to perform to keep yourself a game of senior footy. We have too many senior players not performing.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2024, 05:38:11 PM »
Why is this thread 3 pages already.  FFS Yze isn't going anywhere.  He was delivered a poo sandwich without the bread by Dimma when he bailed and will do a great job long-term.  Close thread

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2024, 05:54:35 PM »
Why is this thread 3 pages already.  FFS Yze isn't going anywhere.  He was delivered a poo sandwich without the bread by Dimma when he bailed and will do a great job long-term.  Close thread
You don't understand the tradition
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2024, 07:18:48 PM »
You tell me the benefit of playing Mcintosh, Pickett etc vs playing a young bloke?

I mean, you lay out the positives and maybe I'll change my view. Why does it matter if we're a laughing stock? We're already at the arse end of the ladder and that's where we shall remain this year regardless of selections. It's not as if Coulthard or Cumberland haven't shown that they can play...they can. They could have a future. Bring them in and any other half decent kid and drop the underperforming senior players.

As important as earning a game is, it's important to perform to keep yourself a game of senior footy. We have too many senior players not performing.

The only positive I have seen people raise is to get him to 100 just on the chance that his boys end up being gun footballers. I wouldn’t mind that if he only needed a handful of games to get there but he has to play almost every game this season. At the very least, make the guy the sub. Him and kmac haven’t been in form other than the odd game here or there for 3 seasons.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2024, 08:00:27 PM »
Agree.

Don't think some of these old boys would be overly confident with their footy at the moment either given their form. Wouldn't hurt them to go back to the 2's and rack up some kicks and get some enjoyment back in their game

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2024, 01:25:40 PM »
If we replace the senior guys with kids who have no form in the 2’s we will be a laughing stock , it doesn’t worry me  as I thought this fall was inevitable , but if anyone expects us to be competitive with mainly kids is delusional.
The reason you have the 2’s is for players to gain experience and confidence  leading to form that’s good enough to play 1’s
To argue against myself , we might just have to play them all if we get s few more injuries.

Who is expecting us to be competetive. Where has anyone even said that.

More than any other club in the whole comp we need to get games into what good kids we have and we need to find out about others who have been there for awhile.

Playing senior players who should be retired or delisted at seasons end is utterly ridiculous.

We all know where we are at and we all know hidings are on the cards weather we play seniors or not.

This is what we are down to because there is no one else.

Vlastuin - Miller - Grimes. Why not dump Young who has been horrid and try Koschitzke in defense he is hardly a kid.
Brown# - Kossie - Smith#.  Why would you not pick Smith for Short injured. he has been great the last three games.

D Rioli - Martin - Broad. Why not dump McIntosh and Pickett who have-  been horrid and replace them with two experienced players.
Nankervis - Hopper - Bolton.

Campbell - Lefau - Mansell/Coulthard Mansell is not a long term solution so why not Coulthard who is aged 22.
Naismith - Ryan - Cumberland/MRJ. Wtf Ryan has kicked 7 goals in two games and is a 23 year old.. Naismith is probably winning the VFL b/f. MRJ has been poor imo and Cumberland is  a 23 yr old.

Sonsie# - McAuliffe# - Baker - Graham

That team has only a handful of kids if any thing it would be just as old as most teams we have picked. What it does do to a degree is stop rewarding horrid performances from underwhelming seniors and we get some games into kids with adequate numbers of seniors around them.We find out what others have to offer at the level.

Of course this side will get belted just like we got belted last week with all those senior hacks stinking it up.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2024, 01:41:23 PM »

Hypothetical question.
If all were fit who would be in the team and who else should be dropped.

If need be at some stage  we play every small forward we have and weed out those who will not take us anywhere.
For me if all were fit the players who are regulars and currently getting games would no longer be selected. They are

Pickett, McIntosh, Young, Graham, Mansell, Dow, Kosi, Short, Ralphsmith, and MRJ. Add to this list injured Prestia this has to be the end of the line so just get games into kids. None are going to take us forward and we should be aiming for some sort of upgrade on all of them.

If all were fit id be looking at something like this.

Vlastuin - Miller - Gibcus
Brown - Balta - Trezise/Smith

D Rioli - Taranto - Broad
Nankervis - Martin - Bolton

Campbell - Lefau - Coulthard
Cumberland - Lynch - Bauer/Ryan

Hopper - Baker - Ross - McAuliffe - Sonsie - Clarke - Banks.

Ill take it as hypothetical, but we would get our arse kicked each week. We would fail to kick a score and our backline would leak like a seive with that number of games in it. I'm not sure the experience would be any use for the kids either as most games would be junk time from about half time onwards when we're 5 - 10 goals down.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2024, 05:05:08 PM »

Hypothetical question.
If all were fit who would be in the team and who else should be dropped.

If need be at some stage  we play every small forward we have and weed out those who will not take us anywhere.
For me if all were fit the players who are regulars and currently getting games would no longer be selected. They are

Pickett, McIntosh, Young, Graham, Mansell, Dow, Kosi, Short, Ralphsmith, and MRJ. Add to this list injured Prestia this has to be the end of the line so just get games into kids. None are going to take us forward and we should be aiming for some sort of upgrade on all of them.

If all were fit id be looking at something like this.

Vlastuin - Miller - Gibcus
Brown - Balta - Trezise/Smith

D Rioli - Taranto - Broad
Nankervis - Martin - Bolton

Campbell - Lefau - Coulthard
Cumberland - Lynch - Bauer/Ryan

Hopper - Baker - Ross - McAuliffe - Sonsie - Clarke - Banks.

Ill take it as hypothetical, but we would get our arse kicked each week. We would fail to kick a score and our backline would leak like a seive with that number of games in it. I'm not sure the experience would be any use for the kids either as most games would be junk time from about half time onwards when we're 5 - 10 goals down.
The last time i looked we have won one game!!!!! we are getting our arse kicked each week.

We do fail to kick scores that is from the start of the year. so if we play more kids whats the difference.

Yes it is an inexperinced back line. Its inexperienced because of injuries. The only question is do we keep playing short step poos his pants or do we give a kid Smith a game in his place who is currently in good form or do we give Maybe Trezise more games once he is back Do we stop playing Brown who is showing great promise he is not playing in any winning games so the expeience he is gaining is worthless is it.
 why would we not shore up the defense with Balta, what you want to keep playing Grimes and Young. How poor do they have to get before we act.

Do we just persevere with McIntosh and Pickett or do we do something about their form and do something different.

What do you mean your not sure the experience will help them. One game of Afl would be worth 10 vfl games as far as experience goes. Games into them now would stand them in great stead for next year. We are not making finals again.

Will we get beat of course but like ive mentioned we are regularly getting beat anyway.

Is Miller Gibcus and Balta not our three best tall Defenders. That is the tall set up for many years to come if Miller can keep improving at the level.
Vlastuin is just about the only good medium defender we have.Broad on a wing plays defensive wing allowing Brown to play his old role. Rioli also can play defensive wing but you would like him to be our attacking wingman atm. any one would be better than McIntosh and Pickett on the wing.Are they the future do you want them playing there next year if not then play Trezise and Smith and Brown get games into them.

While i respect your opinion i think the 25 players i named are the best we have going forward. I expect a lot of losses but who cares, who gives a stuff if other supporters laugh we do what imo needs to be done.

This year will be year four since our last flag and its just my humble opinion we have not yet bottomed out.
The longer we delay hard decisions the longer we will stay near the bottom. Atm we could easily do a carlton, how long has it been for them or Essendon. How long did it take us last time.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2024, 06:48:03 PM »
If we replace the senior guys with kids who have no form in the 2’s we will be a laughing stock , it doesn’t worry me  as I thought this fall was inevitable , but if anyone expects us to be competitive with mainly kids is delusional.
The reason you have the 2’s is for players to gain experience and confidence  leading to form that’s good enough to play 1’s
To argue against myself , we might just have to play them all if we get s few more injuries.

Campbell - Lefau - Mansell/Coulthard Mansell is not a long term solution so why not Coulthard who is aged 22.

You’re right, let’s replace a 23 y.o with a 22 y.o. Mansell is way past his development stage now

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2024, 07:35:12 PM »

You’re right, let’s replace a 23 y.o with a 22 y.o. Mansell is way past his development stage now

I think you totally miss the point Mansell to date has shown himself to be a totally limited player. he is already 23  soon to be 24 and he is not going to improve. He  has had what 37 games and im sorry but my opinion is not too high on what he has to offer after those 37 games.
Here we have people talking about kicking goals and he is a part of that problem. Just want to try others who hopefully have attributes that may make them upgrades on him. I think Cumberland who is a similar age  Coulthard clarke have better attributes for the forward role and have had very little exposure at the level. enough of the one dimensional role players who may bring effort and a bit of pressure but little else.We need em to do more than just that.

Atm we are a bottom dweller so we had damn well better get over limited role players and start looking for upgrades at the least just my opinion of course. Seems to me we dump all of our battlers and strugglers in other positions in the fwd half and wonder why we struggle to kick goals.

Is it really too much to ask that our forwards are for starters forwards and are well rounded forwards and not these blokes who only bring one thing to the table.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2024, 08:15:58 PM »
Mark2 Neeld - Gutless & clueless - stuff him off. :thumbsdown
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2024, 08:54:54 PM »
Last chance saloon for Yze tomorrow

Online FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2024, 09:41:30 PM »

lol wut

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2024, 09:47:09 PM »

Already outstayed his welcome Chucky....needs to go before the first bounce - give Newy the caretaker gig then make another play for Josh Carr.......#enoughisenough :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2024, 07:27:18 AM »
I called this
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.