Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Saints?  (Read 3890 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Changes for next week against the Saints?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2024, 02:08:17 PM »
If those three played yesteday we would've lost - and yes I include Dusty in that.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2024, 03:27:13 PM »
Balta and Lynch out injured?

Just had a RFC app notification but no news when I open the app.

Am aware it's 1/4

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2024, 03:28:46 PM »
Lynch done for year. Balta 6wks. FFS Meehan is a liability.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2024, 03:29:20 PM »
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1519989/richmond-injury-updates

Is it definitely year for Lynch?

3-5 for Balta.

Hopefully some April fools bs.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2024, 03:34:38 PM »
You’re blaming Meehan for this?

FooffooValve

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2024, 03:36:16 PM »
They'll blame Meehan if Baker gets suspended.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2024, 03:48:33 PM »

Abso stuffen lutley. idiot hasn’t prepared Lynch to play those minutes and then leaves him out there for 5 stuffen minutes after the initial injury. Almost certainly did a lot more damage in the next 3 or 4 contests he was forced to compete in.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2024, 03:49:57 PM »
Outs:
Lynch
Balta
Banks
Baker probably suspended

Ins:
Kosi
McAuliffe
Dusty
Ryan

Forward line will need to include Kosi, Lefau and Ryan/ruck relief. Dusty, Bolton, Mansell, MRJ etc with some midfield rotations.. Looks like utter dog crap from talls perspective but oh well they'll just need to bring it to ground.

Backline will need to be Young, Miller, Broad, Banks.

FooffooValve

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2024, 04:01:12 PM »

Abso stuffen lutley. idiot hasn’t prepared Lynch to play those minutes and then leaves him out there for 5 stuffen minutes after the initial injury. Almost certainly did a lot more damage in the next 3 or 4 contests he was forced to compete in.

Load of rubbish.

Such bad luck for both Lynch and Balta. The Balta one happened in the last play of the game  :banghead

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2024, 04:08:35 PM »
This is crazy, I don’t remember ever having so many injuries to key players. What the stuff

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2024, 04:15:11 PM »

He is a disgrace is what he is. He should be investigated for poo practice Meehan.

Still gets defended on here, but I guess it's easier than to admit you are completely wrong, which they are.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2024, 04:17:51 PM »

What an abso stuffen lutley stupid comment. Your hatred of Meehan is duly noted.

Marking contest he hurts his hammy. No one forced him to stay out there, being a leader he did what he believed he needed to do. He was off within a few minutes not 5. Doctors make medical calls not the head of fitness.

FWIW he had 82% game time. If he didn't sustain an injury I doubt very much you'd be complaining about his game time

BTW

Nowhere on the website (I'll post it shortly) does it say he is out for the season. It says seeing a surgeon this week

As for Balta it says 3-5 weeks

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2024, 04:25:29 PM »

This is laughable, I was at the game and no one made him stay out there, he tried to leave the ground but he chose to compete because the ball kept going to his area. And I doubt very much that you have the qualifications to make that call about more damage being done. Criticise where it’s due and if you have the knowledge to back it up.

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2024, 04:28:43 PM »

He is a disgrace is what he is. He should be investigated for poo practice Meehan.

Still gets defended on here, but I guess it's easier than to admit you are completely wrong, which they are.
I’m not defending him, just refusing to blame him for something that I have zero knowledge about.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2024, 04:29:23 PM »
Richmond Injury Updates

By Richmond Media
1 hr ago

Richmond can confirm that forward pair Tom Lynch and Noah Balta are set for time on the sidelines following fourth-quarter injuries in yesterday’s win against Sydney.

Lynch suffered a significant hamstring tendon injury behind his left knee, which will likely require surgery.

The key forward planted his leg awkwardly, following contact in a marking contest. He felt immediate discomfort and took himself from the field.

Balta has a moderate MCL injury that will keep him out of the game for 3-5 weeks, after he also landed with discomfort, in the final seconds of the match.

Richmond General Manager, Football Performance Tim Livingstone, said the injuries were unfortunate.

“It is rotten luck for Tom, who worked extremely diligently to prepare his body for the season after what was a tough season for him last year,” he said.

“Unfortunately for Tom, he landed in a motion that has caused this injury.

“He will consult a surgeon in the coming days, which will give us a clearer picture of the injury's timeline, but we are expecting he will be out for the longer term."

Balta had made a bright start to the season in a new forward role- but is also set to miss some football.

“In one of the last contests of the game, Noah unfortunately hurt his knee, and scans have confirmed some damage to his MCL,” Livingstone said.

“We will assess him further this week, but we do not expect him to play before the bye.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1519989/richmond-injury-updates
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)