Author Topic: They're gunna screw us over again.....  (Read 2495 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: They're gunna screw us over again.....
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2024, 12:13:08 AM »
Well if Carlton will be significantly disadvantaged, maybe we still have some hope that the AFL will decide not to make any changes….

Might have to form an unholy alliance...... :chuck
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2024, 07:17:43 AM »
Well if Carlton will be significantly disadvantaged, maybe we still have some hope that the AFL will decide not to make any changes….

Yes Voss was on 360 last night and wasn't happy. It impacts on them with regard to FS selections they are wanting to make. Picks they have to bid with under the new rules won't be worth anything
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2024, 09:49:31 AM »
If Carlton don't want it, it won't happen.  Afl love child.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2024, 10:56:19 AM »
There’s no way they will bring in the changes this year after the backlash they’ve received.
Not to mention the umpiring over the weekend too. Pressure is on Laura

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2024, 12:00:42 PM »
she is an absolute imbecile. Watch the clip when she was in the sen (i think) box when she was probed about this.

"she was steadfast in her response. "well the clubs have been given ample notice"

She is leading the afl even further down the rabbit hole. Not that they needed help after that shocking and his cheating brigade.

I think they will reneg, but it just highlights how ad they have become under her watch. That role change fiasco. I dont think ive seen the game in worse shape from an afl point of view.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hart4Jack

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2024, 02:43:59 PM »
she is an absolute imbecile. Watch the clip when she was in the sen (i think) box when she was probed about this.

"she was steadfast in her response. "well the clubs have been given ample notice"

She is leading the afl even further down the rabbit hole. Not that they needed help after that shocking and his cheating brigade.

I think they will reneg, but it just highlights how ad they have become under her watch. That role change fiasco. I dont think ive seen the game in worse shape from an afl point of view.

Couldn't agree more FJ.  The AFL has gone from being poorly run to an absolute rabble.  Laura Nobrain has been an absolute disaster.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2024, 02:50:43 PM »

I think they will reneg, but it just highlights how bad they have become under her watch. That rule change fiasco. I dont think ive seen the game in worse shape from an afl point of view.

Couldn't agree more FJ.  The AFL has gone from being poorly run to an absolute rabble.  Laura Nobrain has been an absolute disaster.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2024, 04:12:50 PM »
I tend to agree, they are showing a lack of experience , business always gives official notice and it’s never half way through a process. It’s a legal requirement.
It never should be done by whispers or rumours which seems to be the case!

We must not have heard the rumours as we have stocked up , must  not have got the memo?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2024, 07:42:55 PM »
Lol so basically strip us of our loaded picks so they become useless

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2024, 08:43:01 PM »

Agree with you Frankie

She's done more damage in 9 months than SHocking did in his last 3 years.

When she got the gig she had a chance to make some meaningful change around the rules and she just sat there and said all the recent rule changes are great... 

Laura "nothing to see here" Kane :help :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2024, 10:30:58 PM »
Maybe Laura Kane is to the AFL that Kathleen Kennedy is to Star wars.

Everything they touch turns to crap.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2024, 05:45:31 PM »
Bidding system could be revamped as League, clubs meet

By Callum Twomey
Afl.com.au
25 June 2024

THE AFL will consider a revamp of the bidding system that could see all of the father-son, northern Academy and Next Generation Academy players fall into the same draft process.

Clubs met with the League on Tuesday to give more feedback on the possible changes to the draft value index as well as other potential rules such as pick purchasing, trading picks two years in advance, mid-season trading of picks and whether the changes will be implemented this year.

It comes after months of discussions through the League's competitive balance review.

No definitive decision was relayed to clubs about whether changes would come in for this year's Telstra AFL Draft and the trade period or be delayed until 2025, with situations workshopped rather than timelines delivered.

An update on the draft value index points system was part of the meeting and clubs expect a steeper curve of points attached to selections and a more condensed value per pick, given the current system attaches points to all picks through to No.73.

An all-encompassing bidding system that applies the same rules to father-sons, northern Academies and Next Generation Academies has been considered over time, with the current format having different rules for each category of draftees.

Father-sons can receive bids and be matched at any stage of the draft without limits, while there are restrictions on the number of northern Academy players their clubs can take depending on where the holding clubs finish on the ladder.

Next Generation Academy players are currently available for clubs to match after pick 40, however, all clubs expect this access to change – they are just unsure to what degree (full access or top 20) and when it would be implemented.

The 20 per cent points discount applied for clubs is also being reviewed, with different views on whether it should stay at that level or stay at all.

The AFL's general manager of football Laura Kane said this month final decisions on potential changes would likely come in August, with any calls ultimately needing to be ticked off by the AFL Commission.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1157976/bidding-system-could-be-revamped-as-league-clubs-meet

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2024, 09:32:29 PM »
Article in the age suggests no changes impacting this years draft. Good for us.  Also mentions being able to trade picks 2 years in advance

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2024, 11:32:27 PM »
Article in the age suggests no changes impacting this years draft. Good for us.  Also mentions being able to trade picks 2 years in advance

Golly I hope you're right.

No excuse for us not to absolutely clean up in this draft. We should realistically end up with 3 top 15-20 picks easily and that's not including currency if we trade Baker, Bolton or Rioli.