Author Topic: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval --- Round 19, 2024  (Read 2939 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval --- Round 19, 2024
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2024, 10:14:31 PM »
Final Score

Richmond     3.3    6.6     11.8        11.9-75
Port Adel.     4.2    7.8     12.12     16.20-116

Goals: Mansell 3, D.Rioli 2, Bolton, Koschitzke, Prestia, Campbell, McIntosh, Green.

0.1 to 4.8 in the last  :help.

Bring on the draft.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2024, 10:15:31 PM »
Watching hawks today made me realise even more so how far off we are. They’ve been bad for 4-5 years now and they’re literally just coming good and that’s quick. Team full of youngsters, exciting players. We have so much pain to go still. They traded Mitchel and omeara to give their young guys opportunity and we need to make the same tough calls with the likes of hopper, short, broad, Graham and the list goes on and on.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2024, 10:20:58 PM »
Richmond basically just gave up in the last quarter

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2024, 10:22:19 PM »
Just rolled over in this last quarter with Nank off. Kosi and Samson have had mares.

Did we though?

Saying that gives Luke and his fitness team an out. We aren't fit enough to run out games
Meehan needs to go but the clowns running our so-called fitness program aren't the only problem. Standards have dropped across the board. Our skills, decision making and tackling technique are all just embarrassing.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2024, 10:22:37 PM »
Richmond basically just gave up in the last quarter
Looking forward to pick one and the options it opens

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2024, 10:23:26 PM »
Watching hawks today made me realise even more so how far off we are. They’ve been bad for 4-5 years now and they’re literally just coming good and that’s quick. Team full of youngsters, exciting players. We have so much pain to go still. They traded Mitchel and omeara to give their young guys opportunity and we need to make the same tough calls with the likes of hopper, short, broad, Graham and the list goes on and on.

Yet never finished last. They have recruited very well.

Yet some think they made an error in getting rid of those players. 4/5 years isn't bad for a team that supposedly did the wrong thing.

Our issue is who is going to give us a first rounder for any of those players you mentioned. None.

Guys like Graham, iMac, are just clogging our list now and have to go.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2024, 10:26:55 PM »
Just on tackling I read in yesterday's HUN that Yze said he was going to be speaking to Melbourne storm about helping us improve our tackling especially in light of the mess that is how tackling os umpired these days
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2024, 10:27:33 PM »
Yep, it will take the rest of this decade just to get our list back into decent shape and that's if we nail most of our draft picks as we did b/w 2006-2009 when we picked up Jack, Sheds, Cotch, Rance, Dusty, Astbury and Grimes.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2024, 10:29:22 PM »

Yet some think they made an error in getting rid of those players. 4/5 years isn't bad for a team that supposedly did the wrong thing.

Our issue is who is going to give us a first rounder for any of those players you mentioned. None.

It’s not about the picks you get in return, it’s about getting them off the list so the young guys get opportunity to play. If I recall correctly they didn’t get much at all in return for Mitchell and omeara. I suppose our problem right now is we don’t really have any young guys to play in the mud besides McAuliffe who is yet to be proven. After this years draft/trade period it could be another sorry though. So cut the dead wood and make room I say

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2024, 10:31:25 PM »
My biggest fear is we overrate our list, under value the draft and can't bring ourselves to make the really hard decisions - stuff I'm hearing from the club or at least the hints they're dropping gives me vibes of the Spud & Wallace years....especially when you here rumours that we're into the likes of Will Phillips... #cherryripe #locked&loaded :help
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2024, 10:32:42 PM »
Just on tackling I read in yesterday's HUN that Yze said he was going to be speaking to Melbourne storm about helping us improve our tackling especially in light of the mess that is how tackling os umpired these days
-23 in tackles tonight despite losing by almost 7 goals. Dimma had to the learn the hard way (2013-2016) that a gameplan not based on tackling and defence is a flawed one that gets exposed. Yze needs to go back to first principles over the off-season and focus on defence first which includes proper tackling technique.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2024, 10:37:39 PM »

Well I've banged on about this more than anyone for the last 4 years so this is great news if true and a start - but did he really need a year to figure that out , it's been a major issue since '21 and all he had to do was watch the tapes because it stands out like dog's balls....shoulda been addressed in his first pre-season, in fact it shoulda been priority 1, 2 & 3.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2024, 10:55:46 PM »
I enjoyed watching Smith and Green.

Trezise is a good size but didn't get a great look at him.

Obviously think we have a player in Campbell that's been clear most of the season.

On the downside
Short - trade, hopeless
Kmac - retire. I've been a big supporter for years but his constant slipping over and flailing his arms around like he's off balance drove me nuts
Broad - finished, had a good career, thanks for the 5 medals
Ryan - peeweak, lazy, gutless, no effort after the ruck contact most of the time. I'd love to get in the ring with him.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2024, 11:07:39 PM »

It’s not about the picks you get in return, it’s about getting them off the list so the young guys get opportunity to play. If I recall correctly they didn’t get much at all in return for Mitchell and omeara. I suppose our problem right now is we don’t really have any young guys to play in the mud besides McAuliffe who is yet to be proven. After this years draft/trade period it could be another sorry though. So cut the dead wood and make room I say

https://www.afl.com.au/news/856718/jaeger-bomb-hawthorn-hawks-mid-omeara-joins-fremantle-dockers-on-deadline-day

Hawks monstered this trade. Who knows who that second rounder ended up being but it was a very nice deal for them.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2024, 11:21:50 PM »
These games really mean nothing. Season died ages ago. All we need to see are signs.  I'm optimistic, we have a bunch of great kids. Some duds like sonsie and Dow, but We have some special talent in many of these kids. Next year with a fit team we'll be much better. No room for list cloggers like Broad, Short, Kmac etc.. we'll be ok, this season has been a write off.. but I'm confident we will rebound fast. If we had Lynch out there today, just Lynch we would have won, but we don't want to win ATM. It's all about the draft.