Author Topic: Richmond vs Collingwood @ the MCG --- Round 20, 2024  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Collingwood @ the MCG --- Round 20, 2024
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2024, 08:01:07 PM »

Tell me you haven't been to that many Richmond v Filth, Scum, Bumblers, Aints, Scraggers or Handbaggers games without telling me..... :shh

Hand on my heart I have never and my late never Mother have and were never physically threatened by any supporters from those Clubs. So seriously don't know what your point is  :-\

I’ve never been in a physical fight in my life
Closest I came was in 2015 after the final against North

And it happened whilst I was with my 6yo daughter

Was a shocking experience having my daughter in tears due to a pig Nort supporter pushing and shoving her dad

In saying all that , Nort don’t come close on the hate scale for me .. a personal experience with a loser doesn’t elevate them into the same stratosphere as Carlton and Collingwood

Never a fight per se, though i have only ever had 2 confrontations. Against bombers on both occassions.

one was the richo hands in the back game against mal michael where we lost right at the end.

I had one swearing at us all game, then at the final siren stood up in my face and said suck poo so i pushed the fat bastard to the ground flat on his back.

The other was a water bottle hitting me in the back of my head during the game, so at the siren i threw it back and landed on his mates head.

Not my finest moments in hindsight being much older, but they are the worst supporters IMO.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2024, 10:13:15 PM »
People behave very badly at the football, I don’t know why, I just don’t go anymore. Don’t need the drama.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2024, 10:25:10 PM »
People behave very badly at the football, I don’t know why, I just don’t go anymore. Don’t need the drama.

I don't mind yelling and stuff but I draw the line in front of kids with wps favorite word and stuff.

Many Richmond fans are culprits here, in that 20-30 year old bracket, 
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2024, 08:00:13 AM »

I don't mind yelling and stuff but I draw the line in front of kids with wps favorite word and stuff.

Many Richmond fans are culprits here, in that 20-30 year old bracket,
the worse I’ve ever seen was a so called Richmond supporter calling one of the players a fool and there was a special needs child just a couple of rows in front of him

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2024, 01:08:56 PM »

the worse I’ve ever seen was a so called Richmond supporter calling one of the players a fool and there was a special needs child just a couple of rows in front of him

A few posters on here used the word on here to describe players and other posters, hence why it gets replaced via the swear filter with the word fool. Many years ago a poster called me "overly sensitive" when I called them out and I said it was offensive

And just so people know and don't start trying to guess, the word in question is r_etard
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2024, 04:12:04 PM »

A few posters on here used the word on here to describe players and other posters, hence why it gets replaced via the swear filter with the word fool. Many years ago a poster called me "overly sensitive" when I called them out and I said it was offensive

And just so people know and don't start trying to guess, the word in question is r_etard

So what if want to discuss the best substances to put out fires or delaying the progress or development of something? :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2024, 06:07:14 PM »
The word starting with sp and ending with astic is worse

I must confess that I let the word ending with tard slip out from time to time .. it’s not used in the context to offend people that are intellectually slower (I don’t even know how to describe it anymore without worrying about offending, which is stuffed up)

The truth is the world has gone completely soft and overly sensitive .. PC correctness , yay

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2024, 09:03:24 PM »

I must confess that I let the word ending with tard slip out from time to time .. it’s not used in the context to offend people that are intellectually slower (I don’t even know how to describe it anymore without worrying about offending, which is stuffed up)

The truth is the world has gone completely soft and overly sensitive .. PC correctness , yay

The word sp_astic if just as bad

My 2 brothers-in-law are special needs, have mental impairments, are intellectualy challenged which are supposedly the PC way of describing their situation these days

I've seen 1st hand what they cop, the most recent a few weeks back when I bought one of them to the footy with me.

While I get people for the most part don't use either word to offend, facts are it does offend.

My brothers-in-law cannot help the way they are so using those words to describe others indirectly puts them down because they are different, it suggests they lesser people because the are not "normal" and nothing can be further from the truth

I get that I'm in the minority but it is something I feel incredibly strongly about. Politic correctness? Perhaps but I'd rather think it's about respect
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2024, 10:22:25 PM »

The word sp_astic if just as bad

My 2 brothers-in-law are special needs, have mental impairments, are intellectualy challenged which are supposedly the PC way of describing their situation these days

I've seen 1st hand what they cop, the most recent a few weeks back when I bought one of them to the footy with me.

While I get people for the most part don't use either word to offend, facts are it does offend.

My brothers-in-law cannot help the way they are so using those words to describe others indirectly puts them down because they are different, it suggests they lesser people because the are not "normal" and nothing can be further from the truth

I get that I'm in the minority but it is something I feel incredibly strongly about. Politic correctness? Perhaps but I'd rather think it's about respect

If I looked at one of your brother in laws and called them any of the words mentioned I would deserve a bullet

Growing up in the 90s saying “how wacko is that” was normal

Now it’s a hangable sin

Still maintain the world has gone full blown soft

Context is gone in 2024