Author Topic: Delistings?  (Read 2473 times)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Delistings?
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2024, 02:15:05 PM »
I'm in the opposite camp regarding Balta

Very confident he will stay and wouldn't be at all surprised if an extension is announced sometime be fore mid season 2025.

Seems to be alot of jumping at shadows at the moment  ;D

Don't care either way....he leaves we should get the pick after our first as compo , which will more than likely be pick 2.....which means Sharp & one of Ludowyke or Ah-Mu...or both if we get a priority pick as well....which will mean lot of new toys for either Grigg, Hodge or Big Cox.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2024, 04:05:23 PM »
If we win 0 games next year the AFL still wouldn’t give us a priority. We won 3 of the last 7 premierships lol. Not that I’d complain if they did, but fat chance they’d be doing us of all clubs any favours, and nor should they in this case if we’re being impartial.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2024, 10:45:04 PM »
This may be heretical but I think bottoming out to list rebuild is the wrong way. I prefer the Sydney way of building through the middle. Maybe I'm scarred from the dismal drafts of yesteryear or even more recently like Dow. I also remember our 2017 premiership list had plenty of retreads, psd, rookie picks etc.  I'm not holding my breathe we get 5 superstars this draft, I barely hope for one.  Players aren't born great they are born with talent and made great.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2024, 10:50:03 PM »
We don't have the benefit of an academy like Sydney does (NGA bollocks doesn't count) :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2024, 11:55:38 PM »
Blakey
Mills
Heeney
Gulden

Plus a few more yet to establish themselves

Imagine having priority access to talent of that level whether you finish top or bottom.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2024, 10:18:16 AM »
This may be heretical but I think bottoming out to list rebuild is the wrong way. I prefer the Sydney way of building through the middle. Maybe I'm scarred from the dismal drafts of yesteryear or even more recently like Dow. I also remember our 2017 premiership list had plenty of retreads, psd, rookie picks etc.  I'm not holding my breathe we get 5 superstars this draft, I barely hope for one.  Players aren't born great they are born with talent and made great.
When you say middle tier you mean they have 23 24 to 28 yr olds step up and take over i assume.

Have you seen our middle tier its why we just won a spoon when the injuries kicked in.. We don't actually have an option but embrace a full on rebuild and they take time.
Sure we can target a few retreads in the right age bracket or state leaguers and f/a's but the overwhelming quality will come from the nd while we are near the bottom of the ladder.