Author Topic: Bailey Smith  (Read 1227 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Bailey Smith
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2024, 06:40:27 AM »
They’ve had 10 wins in their past 3 seasons. Have become a joke in the AFL. Have zero talent under the age of 23 apart from Reid and possibly Ginby. Desperately need an angle to say they are turning this rabble around for their supporters. Baker is a start.
The fact they have put pick 3 on the table already is a clue of how desperate they have become.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2024, 06:51:24 AM »
Have zero talent under the age of 23 apart from Reid and possibly Ginby.

Wow
What a ridiculous statement
They’ve got plenty of talent coming through .. Elijah Hewett will be a star for one 

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2024, 01:12:56 PM »
They need Baker and Graham because the lack leadership and will pay overs to get it imho

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2024, 02:05:05 PM »
They need Baker and Graham because the lack leadership and will pay overs to get it imho

Correct

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2024, 09:12:47 PM »

Correct
Actually not correct. If they need experience then we do to. Yet its okay for us to hit the draft but not them.

Where did we finish this year again. Where did they finish. Both clubs need a massive influx of quality YOUNG players.

McGovern, Yeo, Kelly, Barass, Sheed, Duggan, Hunt, Allen,  Witherden, Cole, Ryan, Waterman off the top of my head. All with 100 plus games

They probably have more 100 game players than us.
Like us they need an influx of quality players in the right age bracket.

Put it this way Graham and Baker are at wce and they want to come to us would you trade for them given we are about to enter one of the deepest strongest drafts of all time.
By the time we rebuild neither will be there or at best way below their low ceiling best.

I tell ya what they do lack IF Barass is traded. Key defenders. Splitting their pick three if they manage it would be real clever and ideal given the draft.

Lets say for arguments sake  they manage to get picks 8  and 14 somehow for pick 3. Potentially Trainor the best kpd in the draft and lets say the local boy is there in Allan.
they have 13 the Barass trade and they have pick 23. They can do what we are trying to do and thats bring in 4 quality kids that like us they are lacking.

One question just how soon do people here think they will be challenging again. Oh whats that i hear similar time frame to us.

Even if they trade Graham and Baker probably won't be there when they become genuine contenders again. Neither bring anything imo that they don't already have in their system.
We can afford to lose both because of the same reason.

Like us get the rebuild totally complete then target mature list deficiencies with decent picks.

I don't know why its so hard to apply the same principles to others that we apply to ourselves.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2024, 09:37:08 PM »
In the last 2 years they have drafted seven kids in the top 40 of the draft.
We’ve drafted ZERO.

So let’s not pretend the rebuild is at the same stage. They are ahead of us timewise.

As for age demographics .. lot of the blokes you mention are either 30+ years old, or not midfielders

They have plenty of kids, and plenty in the 29+ yo bracket

Graham and Baker are both 26yo and both premiership players …

They fill a void and WCE seem very keen

WCE want both players .. I’ll ask you Claw, why would that be?

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2024, 09:49:48 PM »
not experience , they need leadership , I’m pretty sure we also need these type of players to mentor the kids we have and will get.  If we don’t get overs I would be happy to keep our players.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2024, 10:06:58 PM »
not experience , they need leadership , I’m pretty sure we also need these type of players to mentor the kids we have and will get.  If we don’t get overs I would be happy to keep our players.

Agree (except Graham)

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2024, 10:41:44 PM »
In the last 2 years they have drafted seven kids in the top 40 of the draft.
We’ve drafted ZERO.

So let’s not pretend the rebuild is at the same stage. They are ahead of us timewise.

As for age demographics .. lot of the blokes you mention are either 30+ years old, or not midfielders

They have plenty of kids, and plenty in the 29+ yo bracket

Graham and Baker are both 26yo and both premiership players …

They fill a void and WCE seem very keen

WCE want both players .. I’ll ask you Claw, why would that be?
[/quote
I ask you where is the evidence other than speculation that they want both players. Tell me why they would want either when despite a slightly earlier rebuild start their needs for quality kids in abundance is almost as great as ours.
Do you really believe that clubs rebuild in two years? picks 1, 9, and 14 are the only top 20 picks they have had in that time.

If wce give up more than pick 23 for Baker then they deserve to languish near the bottom. Graham if they want him and they are smart they take him and they say to us, for 3rd band compo you pay half his salary for the first year so we actually get pick 22.

Where the hell does Graham fit into their midfield group, Kelly, Sheed, Reid, Hewitt, Ginbey and Yeo they have more depth than us.
Even Baker for that matter and they have their share of big mids who may or may not come on.

Again i will say if in wce shoes i would not be going anywhere near either Baker or Graham there are better options in this very good deep even draft. Its not as if Graham and Baker will have them challenging anytime soon is it. They are many years away from challenging just like us.Both clubs have a whoile heap of pain coming their way still.

Why don't people just stop and look outside of their black and yellow hearts. Because there is just so much delusion and wishful thinking going on. Its heart felt with not much thinking going into it.