Author Topic: Tiges v Brisbane  (Read 3527 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Tiges v Brisbane
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2006, 12:16:55 PM »
we would have won by 100plus if terry did not experiment in teh last quarter and kept sugar on black. black created alot of drive 4 the lions after sugar win teh last quarter

but im not upset, its not easy to keep all the momentum going through 4 quarters

what really bugged me was everyone saying the lions were very young and undermanned!!!!

WHAT A CROCK OF POO!  THEY STILL HAD 8 PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS TO OUR 1!!!!

what we say was tiger cubs  thumped 8 premiership players with some lion cubs.

geez we are just as young and injured as they are

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Pat Bowden and Simmo on Sport 927 (audio)
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2006, 01:13:55 PM »
Andrew Kuuse spoke to Patrick Bowden and Troy Simmonds in the rooms on Saturday night and here is what they had to say.

http://sport927.com.au/gateway/Daily_Audio/Sound%20Grabs/AK_140806.asx

blx

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2006, 01:34:26 PM »
just happy to get a win but still maintain as i have all year that finishing the season off strongly MUST be our main priority. MUST!!! MUST!!! MUST!!! be our main priority.

If we come out on top over the next 3 weeks it'll be a fantastic result, finals or not.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 02:36:29 PM »
Just back from the game. My first game all year, what a night to go!!

I was also disappointed in the second half, I wanted a 150 point win with only 1 Brisbane goal.

Petts went quiet after halftime, he was everywhere in the first half, same with Krak.

Good to hand out a hiding anyway, we owe a few teams some.

I played a game on AFL 2006 last night against Brissy...admittedly it was on easy level, but I won by 183 points, 195-12...Browny kicked 15 :scream. The game actually mirrored ours up until half time...scores were 100 to 9. I just went on with it in the second half...although still disappointed to miss the 200 point mark. :rollin
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 05:29:50 PM »
what really bugged me was everyone saying the lions were very young and undermanned!!!!

It's been like that all year. If you lose to Richmond then there must have been some excuse for it rather than giving credit to the Tiges for being the better side ::). We won't get respect till we play finals regularly.

The Lions have been devastated by injury more than any other side but that doesn't excuse Michael being totally disinterested, Voss pulling out despite being fit to play and most of the rest not getting anywhere near our intensity. Injuries are only an excuse if you try your best.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2006, 09:41:10 PM »
The boys on "On the Couch" breifing talked about the Tiges at the end of the show.

Wallsy mentioned that we are travelling well and are well positioned in our 5 year plan.

Talked about Patty Bowden and how he is probably recruit of the year. They think he looks more comfortable in defence.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dundee slices up AFL (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2006, 01:54:32 AM »
Dundee slices up AFL
15 August 2006   Herald-Sun
Damien Barrett

MICK Dundee or Matthew Richardson?

Melbourne TV viewers made a resoundingly clear choice on Saturday night when Paul Hogan's 20-year-old flick Crocodile Dundee outrated the Richmond-Brisbane Lions clash at Telstra Dome.

Even Mary Poppins, a timeless family feel-good movie, gave the AFL a run for its money.

The AFL ratings for the first half of the season were similar to records set last year. But Saturday night's clash underlined the need for in-form teams to be scheduled in prime-time slots.

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou said ratings for the Tigers-Lions game were understandable.

"Saturday night's game, particularly with where the teams were positioned on the ladder at this time of year, probably did not carry as great an interest as it would have earlier in the year," Demetriou said.

Richmond belted the Lions by 82 points in a match that had no bearing on the final eight.

Crocodile Dundee, on Channel 9, was at least the 12th free-to-air broadcast of the movie, made famous by Dundee saying to a New York mugger: "That's not a knife, mate. Now, that's a knife."

It sure put the knife into the AFL, averaging 320,000 viewers against footy's 287,000.

Even the sequel, Crocodile Dundee 2, topped the AFL between 9.30-10.30.

Mary Poppins, on Channel 7, rated solidly throughout the evening (234,000 average) while The Bill, on ABC TV, topped the footy in the 8.30-9.30 slot.

It was worse for the AFL in Brisbane where an average of 70,000 sets tuned in, just 10,000 more than SBS.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20129402%255E19742,00.html

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2006, 11:24:59 AM »

It's been like that all year. If you lose to Richmond then there must have been some excuse for it rather than giving credit to the Tiges for being the better side ::). We won't get respect till we play finals regularly.

The Lions have been devastated by injury more than any other side but that doesn't excuse Michael being totally disinterested, Voss pulling out despite being fit to play and most of the rest not getting anywhere near our intensity. Injuries are only an excuse if you try your best.
Yes the papers up here focused more on Brisbane than Richmond.