Author Topic: Coburg vs Northern Bullants on ABC TV  (Read 3566 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg vs Northern Bullants on ABC TV
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 04:04:12 PM »
BEST:
Coburg Tigers: Neville Silvester Shelton Di Mascio Humm Jorgensen

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Di Mascio 2 Rodan  Randello  Graham  McGuane  Silvester

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 05:22:15 PM »
Lack of key forwards and we have Clever in the two's.

The heat needs to be applied to people like Hughes and Limbach and if they can cut it them give them the behind.

Not a good day by any of our RFC guys especially when careers are on the line. Hughes and Casserly are only in their first year so they are safe but the rest could have a line put right through them based on today. Surprised to see Humm named in the bests. They've just gone on his stats. Roach was the most disappointing for mine. His footpassing was awful.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 10:35:26 PM »
A fair while back, I suggested that only Oakley-Nicholls and Hughes were players at Coburg who would make it in AFL. Nothings changed my point of view.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 02:46:25 AM »
Bullants add another win to their tally
Ross Booth
The Age
August 27, 2006

THE Northern Bullants finished an outstanding season with a 52-point win over the Coburg Tigers at the City Oval yesterday, 16.10 (106) to 7.12 (54).

The Bullants finished on top of the ladder with their 13th win in a row, and only one loss for the season from their 18 matches.

The Bullants have been rewarded with a home qualifying final next Saturday against fourth-placed Williamstown.

The Tigers kicked the first two goals, but the Bullants were in control by half-time to the tune of 28 points and kicked eight of the next nine goals.

Coburg fought back with the first three goals of the third quarter to make the difference only 12 points, but when challenged, the Bullants answered in kind and kicked eight of the next nine goals to win comfortably by 52 points.

The match never reached any great standards, and must have been a disappointment for the sizeable crowd.

Both sides flooded for much of the game. Coburg often played with a five-man forward line, which, at times, allowed the Bullants to run the ball from defence seemingly at will.

Coburg coach Andy Collins said he was determined to see what his key forwards could do under pressure.

The answer was that the Tigers did not have enough firepower in attack. Luke McGuane worked hard but failed to capitalise, finishing with 1.4, and Trent Knobel was out of action early on with a quadricep strain.

If not for defenders Alister Neville and Jarrod Silvester, Coburg would have lost by much more.

Dylan McLaren's aerial dominance netted him six goals for the Bullants, whose best included midfielders Daniel Harford, Ross Young and Callum Chambers, and defenders Justin Crow and Josh Vansittart.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/08/26/1156012790592.html

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 06:29:51 AM »
A fair while back, I suggested that only Oakley-Nicholls and Hughes were players at Coburg who would make it in AFL. Nothings changed my point of view.
How much have you seen of young Angus Graham Ramps?

blx

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 06:40:06 PM »
The heat needs to be applied to people like Hughes and Limbach and if they can cut it them give them the behind.

Bull, arent you being a tad harsh?

Limbach has had an great season and wasnt too far off senior rewards in fact i'd go as far to say that im suprised he hasnt been given a taste at least and as for Cleaver, he's still a young, raw and talented first year KPP.

Chillout my man, IMHO its not the juniors that are the main worry at this club anymore, its the established gunk we have lying around the place ;)

Bulluss

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 06:55:49 PM »
Bull, arent you being a tad harsh?

Limbach has had an great season and wasnt too far off senior rewards in fact i'd go as far to say that im suprised he hasnt been given a taste at least and as for Cleaver, he's still a young, raw and talented first year KPP.

Chillout my man, IMHO its not the juniors that are the main worry at this club anymore, its the established gunk we have lying around the place

BLX

I just think that these two guys need to really step up next season. I am not overly worried if they dont play senior footy at RFC but atleast start to dominate VFL level and push for the RFC seniors.

I must admit that i am vrey disappointed in Hughes having played a few senior matches this season and now finding himself in the Coburg two's.

It can turn around quickly, just look at Polo. i just hope that we dont waste too many years on players like we have in the past.

Jackstar

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006, 07:06:57 PM »
I actually agree.
After watching Coburg last saturday, Hughes should of been palying in the 1st.
He must be struggling to play seconds footy at the Burgers!

blx

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2006, 08:10:19 PM »
i think we all know in the back of our minds that there must be a reason why cleve isnt playing in the ones, theres got to be a genuine reason why. Its just darn fraustrating not nknowing all the inside goss, maybe someone here does.

One guess is, and its a BIG guess, is that they've said to him that he needs to work hard on his defnsive pressure and second efforts and until the coaching staff are satisfied he wont be gettin any legups. Sounds fair. Challenge him and see what he's got.

I disagree about Hughes having to come on next year. 3-4 years you'd want him to start showing something but for the skinny dude he is now he needs 2-3 pre-seasons of bulking up to do. Not too fast otherwise he'll start doing hammys and what not.

07 another developement year and in 2008 you'd like him to start making appearances in the ones then 09-10 a regular in the side.

I know its a fair whack of time but remember the timeless virtue that is patience  :P ;D

PS. Sorry to have hijacked your thread 1eyed.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 01:04:52 PM »

I wonder whether Limbach has been that close seniors to be honest. There have been really good games but then for the next couple of weeks he goes missing again. Up and down like a yo-yo.

I've said a number of times one of the problems has been that because of their inexperience Hughes and Limbach have stuggled at times playing side by side - they get in each others way alot

I sometimes think with young blokes alot of it has to do with what's above the shoulders rather than their actual ability

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 03:44:32 PM »
It's only Hughes' first year and the reasons for him being in the ressies could go along the lines what blx and WP have said to just his body not being ready yet to get through 22 games of senior footy. What we want from him now is stready improvement next year and the one after through the ranks. Here's a sample of the progress (or not) of our blokes over the past 3 years in the VFL looking at the last month of footy. Rainesy, Polo, Schulz, Foley, Patto and Meyer (before injury) are/were playing RFC seniors this year. 

VFL 2006 (Rd 17-20):

Seniors: Roach, Rodan, Limbach, Casserly, McGuane, Humm, Graham, Knobel, Moore, Hughes
Ressies: Hughes, Casserly, Graham, Knobel (back from injury when Coburg seniors had the bye)

VFL 2005 (Rd 17-20):

Seniors:  Raines, Roach, Polo, Meyer, Pattison, Jackson, Schulz, Foley, Gilmour, Archibald, Kellaway
Ressies: Limbach, McGuane

VFL 2004 (Rd 17-20):

Seniors: Fiora, Raines, Roach, Moore, Foley, Tuck, Nicholls, Cogs (coming back from OP)
Ressies: Archibald
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd