Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 84638 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: matt white.
« Reply #270 on: September 24, 2013, 07:19:16 PM »
Who? Should offer Greg 2 years.

Gigantor

« Reply #271 on: September 24, 2013, 07:20:10 PM »
matty white made huge inroads this season.I think he has finally understood that you dont have to  be a bull at a gate to play this game but rather if you use your noggin a bit you can become very effective ,which is what he has become

tony_montana

« Reply #272 on: September 24, 2013, 07:24:03 PM »
would like to keep, but not if we have to pay overs

dwaino

« Reply #273 on: September 24, 2013, 07:31:53 PM »
I wouldn't be devasted if we lost him but I would certainly be disappointed. Massively improved this year and on latest form is a first 22 selection. I agree, wouldn't throw three years at him, but if two years was what it meant to keep him then so be it. Losing White won't upgrade the list, replacing some further at the bottom with trades/free agents/draftees with all intentions of going past blokes like White will.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #274 on: September 24, 2013, 07:35:16 PM »
Whites absence is probably the reason we lost to Carlton twice in a month. Let go of him if you are dumb

gerkin greg

« Reply #275 on: September 24, 2013, 07:43:39 PM »
Rumour has it that no club is in to Greg.

But fantasise away...

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #276 on: September 24, 2013, 07:46:18 PM »
In my opinion we sign him to a long term deal with incentives for finals, norm smith that kinda thing. That should hold the likes of melb at bay :lol...he s just had a breakout year and like whoa, he is damned quick . Personally keep ahead of Edwards
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #277 on: September 24, 2013, 07:52:43 PM »
Still need his pace, I remember a couple of times off half back this year, no one could catch him! A great weapon up our sleeve.
 :thumbsup
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: September 24, 2013, 08:22:58 PM »
Norm Smith LMAO you bad old troll BJ

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: September 24, 2013, 08:24:27 PM »
Wouldn't let him go. And he won't want to go. Will stay for less money for sure. Tiger supporter all his life.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: September 24, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »
Think about the pricks who played as sub this year. Nahas for example. Sooked. Didn't like the green vest the same way Yaran felt.

Look at Whitey. Gets the green vest and decides to make something of his opportunity. Showed he can contribute well.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #281 on: September 24, 2013, 09:11:35 PM »
rumour is port adelaide have offered him a three yr contract and melbourne have offered him two yrs.
personally id be happy to let him go. these comments are from a couple of posters on another site and i concur wholly.

.  no way should we offer this bloke more than 1 yr with say a second triggered if kpis are met.
his assets do add to the team but he should easoily be replaced if our recruiters are any good.
and from another poster
look at his whole career not just his last 16weeks.  to base the next 3 yrs on that is madness.

Claw if you've posted quotes directly from other sites you must post the link or we will have to remove them

Thanks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: September 25, 2013, 03:02:39 AM »
1 year only. Edwards had a good "breakout" season last year, Tyrone had a "breakout" year 2011 (bit of a different scenario). Players have good years then go back to crap so now way does he deserve 2 let alone 3 :lol

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #283 on: September 25, 2013, 03:25:21 AM »
Junk post.

100% no chance White will leave Richmond the guy worships the place as does his family, no chance.
No chance he'll move interstate, no chance he'll go to a rubbish club after putting up with playing for us as a bottom 4 club.. Absolutely no chance of him leaving unless we let him go.
Go Tigers!

Rampstar

« Reply #284 on: September 25, 2013, 04:12:21 AM »
he should be playing for minimum wage and on 1 year deals IMHO.