Author Topic: Darren Gaspar  (Read 2019 times)

Bulluss

Darren Gaspar
« on: July 03, 2004, 09:56:26 PM »
Surely the time has come for Gas to be dropped, i suppose if the idea is to trade him at the end of the year i can see why they want to continue to play him but his value will drop either way.

He was a total liability to us tonight and gave us NOTHING. He is a pathetic excuse for a footballer who could provide us anything other than to play as a full back which as we all know he is unable to do at the moment.

Players such as Morrison, Weller and even some of the youngsters at Coburg would provide much greater value to the team.

Time to bite the bullet.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
Re: Darren Gaspar
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 10:07:59 PM »
Bully spot on as usual bro!
I was fuming(yet again!!!!)at his severe lack of pace I dont give a toss knee reco or not he is not up to it
There is far more scope for improvement by slipping Morrison in

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 10:53:31 PM »
i suppose if the idea is to trade him at the end of the year i can see why they want to continue to play him but his value will drop either way.

That's the only reason I can see why Gas is still getting a game Bulluss but as you say starting on the bench and then "playing" at CHF isn't doing his trade value any good. Gas is a full back and only a full back and after his knee reco he no longer has the pace or spring to get to a position to out-judge his opponent on the flight of the ball like he use to and get a fist in. Anywhere else on the ground he looks totally lost.

I guessing we're hoping to offload him at the end of the year for draft picks/player and pay that Club part of his salary. Say $200k.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 11:39:14 PM »
Farken oath boys.

Even before he screwed his knee he was putting in dismal performances.
IMO he's done it for the last 4 years.

Get rid of Dr Who.

If Miller ditched Holland citing highway robbery he must be going to have Gaspar whacked. :o

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 11:58:50 PM »
Only worry is if we don't want him, who would? I mean let's face it, its not as if he looks to have any value at the minute.

If we didn't want him simply for the reason that we want to build a young list, then fair enough. But we also don't want him because we don't think he has any value whatsoever.

I think we will have a hard time stuffing him off at the end of the year. For our sakes, lets hope he has a few blinders before the year is out.