Author Topic: We need..  (Read 5047 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
We need..
« on: September 04, 2006, 01:08:56 PM »
2 midfielders and a key backman.

Jack,how the fruck are we gunna do that in 1 off-season?

I reckon we should give our Pick 8 to thebombers or blues for pick 17-19 or 18-20

that way we have 17, 19 ,26

Jack have you got any scoops?

I hear Polak is now off the agenda and akermanis is also not gunna happen.

Will it be Brad Miller? or maybe Ryan Fergurson ( tiger fan ) will it be neither and we take a kid.

Would like to know wnyone opinion who has some inside info

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: We need..
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 04:57:21 PM »
Agree blaisee we need 2 classy quick strong ballwinners and a key backman (make that two) but no way should we trade away a top 10 pick for essentially 2 second rounders. If we want another early pick or two then we need to give up someone that other clubs rate highly yet we believe we can let go and cover. It's going to difficult as the draft is strong so clubs are unlikely to let go of first rounders but as Ramps has hoped maybe Laidley and North will trade away their early picks for another quick fix to remain competitive :pray.

Offloads should only be picked up with late picks, in the PSD or via a direct player swap.

I hope you're right about Polak and Aker. Hutchy yesterday in his PSSST section in the The Age said we may be interested in Polak  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 07:03:29 PM »
I think Polak has more serious issues!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 07:11:44 PM »
Key backman! Have to try and snare Hansen or Thorp, or maybe James Frawely later in the draft

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 08:03:45 PM »
Key backman! Have to try and snare Hansen or Thorp, or maybe James Frawely later in the draft
Do we really want another Frawley at our club?  :-\
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 08:04:28 PM »
Said it once, said it twice, will keep saying it after watching the game against te Bombers live, the game against Freo and now GWS...

WE NEED TALLER BACKMEN, and bigger bodied ones. The forwards are getting bigger and taller and our backline is undersized. One of the shortest in the comp, the General and a couple of others down there on Saturday towled us up.

We were very lucky to get away with a win.....my God, I am pooting us playing the Crows...their height in the forward line......Whoa.....
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 08:10:04 PM »
Nice bump  :lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »
We have tall backs.

Rance. Griffiths. Grimes. Astbury.

I feel Post should be given another season. Ditto Moore.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 08:13:31 PM »

Mate honestly, just watching tat AFL 360 and I kid you not......gee our backs are short, really showed against the Bombers too.

I think it's a real concern and will either haunt us later this year or over next few years. Deledio had to go back against GWS.....that's a concern.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 08:16:31 PM »
We have tall backs.

Rance is not tall enough, but is a good backman, Grimes is out, Astbury has not played all year, Post is finished, Moore, I would love to see him come back but that's being extremely hopeful.

Um....that leaves......Griff......yep we are home and hosed!

"Rucks:

dwaino

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 08:18:35 PM »

Mate honestly, just watching tat AFL 360 and I kid you not......gee our backs are short, really showed against the Bombers too.

I think it's a real concern and will either haunt us later this year or over next few years. Deledio had to go back against GWS.....that's a concern.

The club knows and are looking  :shh

It's not as easy as just grabbing any old gorilla though! The Dawks have a pretty small back line too though remember.

BTW didn't know you were a necromancer.... just checked the dates. Ancient thread  :laugh:

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 08:18:41 PM »
Rance 194
Grimes 193

Both big enough for chb / fb

Griff 200

---

Astbury 195
Post 195

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 08:19:56 PM »
Rance has pants jbrown/buddy

We have tall backs.

Rance is not tall enough, but is a good backman, Grimes is out, Astbury has not played all year, Post is finished, Moore, I would love to see him come back but that's being extremely hopeful.

Um....that leaves......Griff......yep we are home and hosed!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »
Rance 194
Grimes 193

Both big enough for chb / fb

Griff 200

---

Astbury 195
Post 195

Go watch some of the replays.....then tell me how tall we are.....

Good post Dwaino.....

BTW, don't see the need to start another thread on the same issue.

"Rucks:

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 08:32:36 PM »
Said it once, said it twice, will keep saying it after watching the game against te Bombers live, the game against Freo and now GWS...

WE NEED TALLER BACKMEN, and bigger bodied ones. The forwards are getting bigger and taller and our backline is undersized. One of the shortest in the comp, the General and a couple of others down there on Saturday towled us up.

We were very lucky to get away with a win.....my God, I am pooting us playing the Crows...their height in the forward line......Whoa.....

Let me paint this scenario. In the 80's St Kilda used to turn the sprinklers on at Moorabin. Why? To dampen the ground and turn it into a mud bath because they were so appauling. Why? Because it would keep them in the game for as long as possible.

Now whilst we have not been at our best, where the coaching staff have erred in the last two weeks is going one tall too many in wet slippery muddy conditions against inferior opposition in the last two weeks. Unfortunantely Griff was the extra tall on Saturday when Gerg White may have been a more reasonable selection on the day.

Whilst Griff was ineffectual on the game it must be noted also that Cameron has had a fine first year in a team that was always going to struggle kicking his one or two goals a game and Patton was always going to be up for his first game being a number 1 draft pick. Now I admit we made some errors and possibly with some more care and a bit of luck in terms of kicking for goal from us and them we may have had a more comfortable win on the day. 11.20 could have been 16.15.111 from our part and 12.2 could have been 8.6. Either way makes for a more comfortable win and less panic from some of us. The sky is not falling. JUst look at Gold Coast 's performances last year at this time and you'll notice that whilst they were not winning they were competitive for parts in most games.

On a dry day Griff Dea Rance will be fine and add Grimes to come in and possibly Astbury to play back also and we have the makings of some great KPP defenders and possibly a forward in there too. That's not to say lets not see if we can snag one in the superdraft or any other way to not go for it, but the kids we had out there on Saturday will be fine in the long run.

The sky is not falling boys, just stop getting seduced when they have one good game and say they will be a superstar and when they put in a bad one we are stuffed. Part of the learning/developing process. If anything playing in the wet the last two weeks may give us an advantage somewhere down the line against a better side who play in dry weather all the time under the Dome.

An elimination final against Essendon with the stoppages and their prima donnas may work for us.