Author Topic: Neville Crowe and Ted Soderblom honoured  (Read 722 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Neville Crowe and Ted Soderblom honoured
« on: September 27, 2006, 04:50:26 PM »
Tiger great becomes a Living Legend
12:55:56 PM Wed 27 September, 2006
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

Former Richmond champion ruckman, president and Tiger Hall of Famer, Neville Crowe, has been inducted into the Carbine Club’s “Living Legends” category.

Understandably, Crowey was delighted with the honor bestowed upon him by the Carbine Club this week.

“It just blew me away when I found out around mid-June that I had been selected as a Living Legend of this famous and prestigious sporting club,” Crowe said.

“I, of course, accepted the invitation to the annual luncheon with excited anticipation – and what a great day it turned out to be!

• Meanwhile, another Richmond stalwart was honored at the AFL Coaches’ Association’s annual awards presentation function, held at the Hilton on the Park this week.

Recently retired Tiger Chief Property Steward, Ted Soderblom, received the Support Staff Leadership Award after being nominated by the Club’s senior coach Terry Wallace.

Soderblom, who has given 40 years of valuable service to the Tigers (the last 12 as Chief Property Steward) was presented with his award by Essendon coach and former Richmond star Kevin Sheedy.

Full article at: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=300318