Author Topic: Go Melbourne Storm  (Read 7388 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Go Melbourne Storm
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 04:44:12 PM »
Without trying to mozz them, the Storm have had the wood over the Broncos since they came into the NRL.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 07:36:15 PM »
Go Storm  :thumbsup.

What's the point of having a video ref if it isn't used to show up blantantly wrong decisions like the one against the Storm.

Damn the broncos just got a try  :P

Moi

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 09:20:44 PM »
Bugger lol
Oh well, who cares lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 09:32:06 PM »
LOL Moi  ;D

Bad luck to the Storm. Just weren't good enough on the night. The referring was very one-sided too and the wrong calls all went against the Storm which didn't help.   

Moi

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 09:33:41 PM »
LOL Moi  ;D

Bad luck to the Storm. Just weren't good enough on the night. The referring was very one-sided too and the wrong calls all went against the Storm which didn't help.   
My ex-boss is a director of Storm so na-na-na-na-na  :wallywink

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2006, 09:39:29 PM »
Just been listening to the ABC and all they wanted to talk about after the game was the poor refereeing and how it decided the game. Storm players that they spoke to didn't blame the ref but imho the game is flawed because the ref has so much influence on the result - much more than the umpires in AFL.

Storm played below their usual form but there's no doubt that they got the short end of about four critical decisions - first Bronco penalty, Bill Slater getting the ball from Bronco player who lost it under the posts, Storm disallowed try and Bronco player touching ball before it went out on the wing - all wrong decisions according to the ABC, including the Queenslanders on the panel.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2006, 10:38:41 PM »
The Storm made too many mistakes and mistackles compared to the Broncos so that's why the players wouldn't use the refereeing as an excuse but yep mjs the refereeing was biased as anything. Cost the Storm at least 8 points with the penalty to Brisbane and the disallowed try. The commentators on Nine are legends of rugby league and even they were surprised by those three decisions at the time.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 03:50:05 AM »
The Storm made too many mistakes and mistackles compared to the Broncos so that's why the players wouldn't use the refereeing as an excuse but yep mjs the refereeing was biased as anything. Cost the Storm at least 8 points with the penalty to Brisbane and the disallowed try. The commentators on Nine are legends of rugby league and even they were surprised by those three decisions at the time.

Make that 2 penalty goals, and with a converted try to King = 10 points >:(...Not to mention the scrum feed that lead to their 2nd try that should have been a Storm scrum feed for a knock on... or the penalty that Slater should have gotten for being dragged into touch... or the penalties Inglis should have received for being held too long in the tackle...3 times!... :banghead

Too many errors on the refs behalf. Made Goldspink look like a champ...who at half-time yesterday was leading the Norm Smith votes...
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Jackstar

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 06:59:37 AM »
Just been listening to the ABC and all they wanted to talk about after the game was the poor refereeing and how it decided the game. Storm players that they spoke to didn't blame the ref but imho the game is flawed because the ref has so much influence on the result - much more than the umpires in AFL.

[/quo.te]

Hey MJS.
Either your radio is stuck on the ABC or you are veryb articulate?
Anyway , ABC is for kids. ha

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 05:45:56 PM »
The Storm will make a official complaint about the refereeing according to SEN.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2006, 03:38:32 PM »
imho the game is flawed because the ref has so much influence on the result - much more than the umpires in AFL.

You're kidding aren't you?? Ever watched a game that involves Maththew Lloyd and his usual swan dive free kicks??  But of course the umpires always get them right and it has little affect on the result.  ???

The ref had as much influence on the game as any regular league or AFL game. It comes with the territory. Its just magnified by the importance of the event. The Bronco's won fair and square. Good luck to them. They deseved the win.  :thumbsup
Billy Slater is a cocky primadonna who shows very little respect for the opposition with some of the drivel I've heard come out of his mouth pre-game.
It was good to see him knocked down a peg or two.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2006, 04:24:38 PM »
Tiga

It's just an opinion - and it's this:

League, like Union, is more influenced by the style of the referee than AFL is affected by the style of the umpire. For instance if the referee is over technical he can determine the flow of the game and often the result. Despite the fact that most AFL spectators constantly bitch about umpires they rarely affect the outcome of the game imho.

The referree on Sunday affected the result of that game - and I'm hardly a voice in the wilderness in that opinion. My point is that it's not an uncommon event in League (and Union) compared to AFL.

Jackstar

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2006, 08:20:07 PM »
Tiga

It's just an opinion - and it's this:

League, like Union, is more influenced by the style of the referee than AFL is affected by the style of the umpire. For instance if the referee is over technical he can determine the flow of the game and often the result. Despite the fact that most AFL spectators constantly bitch about umpires they rarely affect the outcome of the game imho.

The referree on Sunday affected the result of that game - and I'm hardly a voice in the wilderness in that opinion. My point is that it's not an uncommon event in League (and Union) compared to AFL.

For once mjs. I totally agree.
I will also say that the AFL umpires do a very good job.