Author Topic: South Melbourne wins 2006 Vodafone Cup  (Read 4215 times)

PuntRdRoar

South Melbourne wins 2006 Vodafone Cup
« on: September 24, 2006, 07:50:32 PM »
South has continued its fine tradion of success. For the 8th time South has won the Victorian Premier League, which comes after winning 4 National Titles before the implementation of the A League. Hopefully that rabble at the Victory who cant win anything learn how to go about winning trophies.

VPL Grand Final

SOUTH MELBOURNE 1 def
ALTONA MAGIC 0

OLE OLE OLE

South Melbourne CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: South Melbourne wins 2006 Vodafone Cup
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 08:04:03 PM »
Hellas would be more competitive in the A-league than the New Zealand knights.

5 from 5 for the Victory btw :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 09:59:51 PM »
MT...Half the teams in the A League are a rabble. NZ shouldnt be in it, CCM and Newcastle are average franchises, Perth Glory are shot to pieces...infact what the hell has happened to that club when we were in the NSL we used to travel to Perth, 17,000-18000 people average for games against South. Anyway I gotta say I dont like the Victory but good luck anyway.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 10:15:44 PM »
MT...Half the teams in the A League are a rabble. NZ shouldnt be in it, CCM and Newcastle are average franchises, Perth Glory are shot to pieces...infact what the hell has happened to that club when we were in the NSL we used to travel to Perth, 17,000-18000 people average for games against South. Anyway I gotta say I dont like the Victory but good luck anyway.

The theatre-goers only turn up to follow winners. The Glory only got those crowds when they were the only professional outfit in the NSL regularly on top of the table and the AFL sides were in the bottom 4.

I agree Ramps half the A-league teams are a rabble. The Victory, Sydney, Adelaide and Queensland are the only clubs that can survive long term. The A-league like the soccer administration is also Sydney-centric. The Victory is giving them the "up-yours" at the minute  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 10:29:35 PM »
FFA should give everyone what they want...atleast as an entree. they have a 16 team Australian FA Cup comp and stick Melbourne Victory up against South Melbourne at Telstra. 50,000 people will turn out.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 12:50:31 PM »

VPL Grand Final

SOUTH MELBOURNE 1 def
ALTONA MAGIC 0

Just out of curiosity RT - where was the game played?

And where is Altona Magic's home ground - reason I ask is there was a big article in the local rag last week that says the local council that covers Altona is again considering building a new soccer stadium for the area - just wodering if they (council) can justify the cost (estimates are $10mil +)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 03:19:03 PM »
Bob Jane Stadium

Dont know where Altonas ground is, 10 mill seems abit rich for mine especially for a club that doesnt have any supporters or not many anyway.