Author Topic: Yeah or Neah - 25. Jay Schulz  (Read 2450 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Yeah or Neah - 25. Jay Schulz
« on: September 27, 2006, 03:36:47 AM »
Sarge is next up. He's contracted until 2008 and has played a total of 37 games in 4 years.

Schulz debuted in Round 7, 2003 against Essendon and played 5 games in his first year followed by 16 in 2004 where he was used mainly as a marking forward alongside Richo. Apart from famously kicking 6 goals at FF against then reigning premiers Brisbane at the Gabba when ironically Richo was out of the side, he managed a return of just 10 goals in his second year.

Wallace's arrival meant a shift to defence was planned but a off-field indiscretion followed by long-term injury meant he only played 4 games in 2005 and so most of his third year was a write off. Began 2006 in the seniors and was doing a top job at CHB on Riewoldt in Round 2 before Hamill slammed him in a tackle into the Dome turf and broke his collarbone. On the back of three consecutive strong games and bags of goals at Coburg, Sarge returned in Round 13 against the Pies and played the final 10 games up in the forward line. Jay kicked 16 goals although most of those were scored in the first half of matches.

http://www.finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1239&SeasonID=ALL
http://www.sportingpulse.com.au/nf/team_info.cgi?player=Jay%20Schulz&action=PSTATS&pID=84622991&client=1-3020-0-39626-4380378

Trade or keep Sarge?

letsgetiton!

Re: Yeah or Neah - 25. Jay Schulz
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 05:34:26 AM »
give sarge 1 more yr, if he shows a continual lack of work ethic next yr , then goodbye. ppl say krak is lazy, but sarge is teh king of lazyness

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:14:37 AM »
Yes I agree.  If Sarge wants to be seriously considered as Richo's replacement he needs to assert himself more and put in the extra yards.  Now that Staff has gone is the perfect opportunity to become part of Terry's Triangle.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 09:19:58 AM »
replacement he needs to assert himself more and put in the extra yards.  Now that Staff has gone is the perfect opportunity to become part of Terry's Triangle.
terrys bermuda triangle! ooooooooooooooohahahahhooooooooooooooooohahaha
how scary is that!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 09:43:01 AM »
Yeah.

07 big year.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 10:39:38 AM »
I've said before, Schulz could be better than Riewoldt if he puts in the work. Better contested grab, better kick, one of the coolest customers playing football, I mean who spits halfway between running in for a set shot at goal.

I noticed in the Essendon game I think, that he pushed up the ground a little more than usual, then went missing for 3 quarters lol.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 10:50:43 AM »
replacement he needs to assert himself more and put in the extra yards.  Now that Staff has gone is the perfect opportunity to become part of Terry's Triangle.
how scary is that!
I wouldn't be knocking it.  Even the commentators and other coaches comment on how imposing it is.  But to really work it needs your boy Krak, Tambling and Pettifer to pick up the crumbs.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 11:08:50 AM »
Jay is YEAH and I think he'll end up down back next year at CHB

I think alot of Jay's hardwork in the 1 percenters catergories doens't get acknowledged like it should. The blocks, the sheperds, the tackling and the 2nd efforts at ground level in trying to keep the ball in the fwd 50.

It's the other more athletic stuff he needs to work on

And better run on injury front wouldn't go a stray either :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 11:12:28 AM »
Even the commentators and other coaches comment on how imposing it is.  But to really work it needs your boy Krak, Tambling and Pettifer to pick up the crumbs.

Actually it's funny you mention that Julz - I sit there every week and spend about 20% of the game yelling out "where's the bloody crumbers" and then when they suddenly appear and snap one I think "HELL-LAY-LOO-YAH - where have you've been" :banghead :banghead

Seriously our crumbers with the amount of opportunities available to them should average 35-45 goals a season
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 12:56:47 PM »
how scary is that!
I wouldn't be knocking it.  Even the commentators and other coaches comment on how imposing it is.  But to really work it needs your boy Krak, Tambling and Pettifer to pick up the crumbs.

not knocking ur post julz, i think u misread what i meant.
terrys bermuda triangle is scary stuff 4 all opposition if and when it works

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 02:29:11 PM »
Sorry my bad.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 02:47:45 PM »
Keep on the priviso that Sarge works his backside off over summer to improve his aerobic fitness. He has natural football ability in bucketloads but not the fitness. If he wants to still be around in 2-3 years time he needs to make a impact in games over 4 quarters not just the first.

Even the commentators and other coaches comment on how imposing it is.  But to really work it needs your boy Krak, Tambling and Pettifer to pick up the crumbs.

Actually it's funny you mention that Julz - I sit there every week and spend about 20% of the game yelling out "where's the bloody crumbers" and then when they suddenly appear and snap one I think "HELL-LAY-LOO-YAH - where have you've been" :banghead :banghead

Seriously our crumbers with the amount of opportunities available to them should average 35-45 goals a season

The only reason why I wish KB would pop down to Punt Rd. Our boys can learn from the master about reading the play and the incoming footy and being front and square on the defensive side of a marking contest ready to pounce at pace and snap at goal. Blingers goal against the bombers being the perfect example.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 03:38:02 PM »
Jay is YEAH and I think he'll end up down back next year at CHB

I think alot of Jay's hardwork in the 1 percenters catergories doens't get acknowledged like it should. The blocks, the sheperds, the tackling and the 2nd efforts at ground level in trying to keep the ball in the fwd 50.

It's the other more athletic stuff he needs to work on

And better run on injury front wouldn't go a stray either :thumbsup

Spot on Billy.

My biggest concerns  re CHB is his ability to win the ball at ground level and his aerobic ability to run out an entire game.
I see him of more use at FB if anything.

There's no doubt he has the tools to be a very good FF. Great kick, mark and the points you have mentioned above.
I think despite his 2nd efforts, he has trouble creating scoring opportunities off the deck in the same way that the really good FF's in the comp like Fevola, Lloyd and Hall do. He works hard but can't seem to get to the contest & get his hands on the ball.

It goes without saying that Richo as the focal target in the forward line is stifiling Jay's oportunities to get genuine game time.. Stafford as the preferred option at the end of the year was baffling too.

To that hand, Hughes may be a better long term option at FF? Time will tell.

This is where Jay absolutely needs to work on his weaknesses this pre season. 07 is make or break for Jay Schulz.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 04:00:55 PM »
Sorry my bad.
dont be sorry, u did nothing wrong, maybe i should have explained myself more clearly in the first place.

btw,

tive should be delisted or traded , what do u think  :lol ;D :thumbsup

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 05:56:07 PM »
I try not to think.  :lol

BTW I got this from Wikipedia for you:-
"In Round 20, 2006, as the Tigers beaten Carlton by 45 points, Tivendale was awarded the second Terry Wallace Medal for best afield in Richmond's tenth win for the season." :gotigers