Author Topic: Joel Perry  (Read 3235 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Joel Perry
« on: October 04, 2006, 06:39:50 PM »
Im hoping that we can pinch a young player or two who havent had much opportunity at other clubs, someone llike a Joel Perry from North who has been injury ravaged for 3 years and could play KP defence

Latest rumour around today is we along with Sydney are willing to offer Joel Perry a two year deal. North has apparently only offered him a one-year deal. A second round pick might complete a trade.

Apparently SEN said earlier today we have offered Perry a two year deal.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273751

What would be a fair trade?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week expectations?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »
I'll help Krak pack. :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:36:59 PM »
I think he could be alright but we wouldnt wanna give away to much, I'd much prefer a player for player swap leaving our picks primarily intact swapping picks if a pick is required-  however I could see us giving up 42 for him, as I said a player for player job is what I would think is our best result.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 11:26:14 PM »
I think he could be alright but we wouldnt wanna give away to much, I'd much prefer a player for player swap leaving our picks primarily intact swapping picks if a pick is required-  however I could see us giving up 42 for him, as I said a player for player job is what I would think is our best result.

A direct swap of Perry for a 3rd round pick (pick 42) is the trade rumour doing the rounds. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Joel Perry - minor interest from us
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 12:58:59 AM »
From the Age:

Kangaroo Joel Perry has been a source of minor interest from Richmond.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/10/09/1160246070787.html

Ramps

Re: Joel Perry
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 08:55:22 AM »
that sounds like we wanna givem Rodan lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 01:59:16 AM »
Are we still interested in Perry?  ???

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 09:38:40 PM »
According to the Roos forum on BF, Jeol Perry has been delisted. Confirmed by Perry himself apparently.

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 09:56:34 PM »
So with 6 spots to fill (picks 13, 26, 57, 60, 74 and 90 (or PSD pick 8)), I think we could see Perry and Kingsley taken as either picks 74 and 90 or the PSD pick. 

Do you think others will be interested in Kingsley or Perry if they put a price on their heads?

Put em on 1 year deals, see how they fare.  As long as we use 13,26,57 and 60 on youngsters, I think I can handle a couple of KPP insurance deals with Kingsley and Perry.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 10:45:32 PM »
I can't see us Kingsley lasting to pick 8 in the PSD and we don't want him to put a price on his head as we would want to grab him cheaply also. We would need to grab him as you say LT in the National draft and hope no one else drafts Kingsley before us. We may need to get with pick 60  :-\. I didn't think you could put a price on your head in the National draft. I thought you could only do that in the PSD.

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 11:28:12 PM »
Well depending on the 2nd list lodgement due imminently, our picks of 57,60,74 and 90 may change significantly.

Therefore we may have to take Perry or Kingsley earlier in the national draft as suggested.

I think you can nominate your terms in the national draft, if you are not a first, second year or rookie listed player.

Whether or not you and the club that drafts you agree to those terms is a different matter. 

Happy to be corrected if I am wrong, but I am quoting http://www.aflpa.com.au/media/2007_draft_Form.pdf

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 01:17:31 AM »
Well depending on the 2nd list lodgement due imminently, our picks of 57,60,74 and 90 may change significantly.

Therefore we may have to take Perry or Kingsley earlier in the national draft as suggested.

I think you can nominate your terms in the national draft, if you are not a first, second year or rookie listed player.

Whether or not you and the club that drafts you agree to those terms is a different matter. 

Happy to be corrected if I am wrong, but I am quoting http://www.aflpa.com.au/media/2007_draft_Form.pdf

Cheers LT, thanks for clearing that up  :thumbsup.

Not planning to become a mature rookie with that form are ya LT?  ;) 

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 02:59:04 AM »

Cheers LT, thanks for clearing that up  :thumbsup.

Not planning to become a mature rookie with that form are ya LT?  ;) 

A few from the old footy club filled it in as a bit of a joke a number of years ago.  Not this year sadly, as it is a strong draft apparently ;)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 08:36:47 AM »
i can confirm we are not interested in perry .

The club believes he is too slow :shh

Ramps

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 10:25:18 AM »
Will Schofield looks like a young player who may turn out ok and maybe available at 58 for full back.