Author Topic: Pre-Season Draft  (Read 26050 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Pre-Season Draft
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2006, 01:00:28 PM »
Humm was a promoted rookie so he didn't take up a senior list spot. So with Staff, Chaff, Chubba, Rodan and Roach gone and Howat promoted unofficially that leaves 4 free spots on our senior list. If we want to use six picks (5 National + 1 PSD) then 2 more have to be delisted. If Richo as a vet is moved outside the senior list then just one more has to go. The latter would leave us with 4 rookie list spots.

Rumour has it that the one of those next to be delisted will be rookie listed if not picked up by another club.

But didn't we go one short on the senior list in 2006 ??? - that's why we were able to promote Humm without having a long term injury IIRC - so that's a spot, plus Staff, Chaff, Rodan and Roach - 5 by my count if we don't keep Howat on the senior list and out him bac on the rookie list then that's 6.

If we keep graham and Howat as rookies then we have 2 free rookie spaces

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006, 01:39:47 PM »
We should definitely look at Austin Lucy.

Tall, strong and very athletic.

Bit of a project type but could definitely play full back
Essendon wouldn't have got rid of him, and be prepared to pay out his 2007 contract, if he was worth getting. He'd need to prove himself next year at vfl/sanfl before you'd consider looking at him.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 03:27:16 PM »
Humm was a promoted rookie so he didn't take up a senior list spot. So with Staff, Chaff, Chubba, Rodan and Roach gone and Howat promoted unofficially that leaves 4 free spots on our senior list. If we want to use six picks (5 National + 1 PSD) then 2 more have to be delisted. If Richo as a vet is moved outside the senior list then just one more has to go. The latter would leave us with 4 rookie list spots.

Rumour has it that the one of those next to be delisted will be rookie listed if not picked up by another club.

But didn't we go one short on the senior list in 2006 ??? - that's why we were able to promote Humm without having a long term injury IIRC - so that's a spot, plus Staff, Chaff, Rodan and Roach - 5 by my count if we don't keep Howat on the senior list and out him bac on the rookie list then that's 6.

If we keep graham and Howat as rookies then we have 2 free rookie spaces

I've heard we were "one short" a number of times too WP but it doesn't make sense to me either ???. The AFL rules state that all clubs must fill every spot on their senior list. We had 38 + 1 outside veteran (Gas) in 2006. Unless they are counting the fact that Richo as a veteran could have gone outside the senior list too then we weren't one short. I thought Humm came in for Thursfield? 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2006, 11:58:05 AM »
I've heard we were "one short" a number of times too WP but it doesn't make sense to me either ???. The AFL rules state that all clubs must fill every spot on their senior list. We had 38 + 1 outside veteran (Gas) in 2006. Unless they are counting the fact that Richo as a veteran could have gone outside the senior list too then we weren't one short. I thought Humm came in for Thursfield? 

:lol who knows them - I am confused ;D

All will be revealed on Tuesday I guess when we have to do the 1st list lodgement :-\ ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Only one Cloke left
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 02:11:57 AM »
Both Jason and Cameron Cloke have been given the flick from the Pies. Scotty Burns said as much last night on SEN when asked about them and both weren't at the Pies training session yesterday.

McPhee have re-signed for 3-years  :o with the Bombers so that's one less option in the PSD.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2006, 04:18:20 PM »
Now the 1st lot of de-listings are through - I reckon we defintely look at someone in the PSD

Go for 5 in the National Draf tand save 1 for the pre-season

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2006, 04:26:49 PM »
You're correct WP. We now have 6 spots to fill on our senior list so we'll have at least one PSD pick.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2006, 04:40:55 PM »
Yeah, it seems pretty clear they'll use pick 74 in the draft, and then pick up someone in the PSD, possibly a surprise experienced player.

I'm glad they'll have the 6 picks.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2006, 06:52:12 PM »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2006, 07:57:55 PM »
Heard  some bloke on SEN while driving home say that Jason Cloke is training with Richmond at the moment  :gobdrop :nope please NO :pray :'(

Bulluss

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2006, 08:31:20 PM »
What are peoples thoughts on Julian Rowe?

I thought he showed a little bit a couple of years ago.

Seems to have gone AWOL.

I think Kent Kingsley could be a good option for a year or two.

Wouldnt get the best backmen with Richo, Brown and Petts also playing forward.

Should be able to tear up a 3rd or 4th defender. Kingsley @ FF Brown in a pocket

Petts at Half Forward and Richo CHF.

Would also allow Sarge to play back when required and add that little bit of depth.

Creating more competition for players like Hall, Sarge, Polak, Kingsley(if drafted), Patto, Hughes

Jackstar

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2006, 09:02:33 PM »
In regards to Kingsley, any player that can kick 8 goals in a game can obviously play, worth a chance

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2006, 09:07:13 PM »
I personally reckon we should look at Trav Gaspar.

May be injury proned but plenty of unfilfilled talent that Wallace and co might be able to unlock a la Paddy Bowden

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2006, 10:02:33 PM »
Heard  some bloke on SEN while driving home say that Jason Cloke is training with Richmond at the moment  :gobdrop :nope please NO :pray :'(

I hope that's BS :help. Cloke was only useful as a loose man in defence. Once opposition coaches made him accountable to a man he got spanked week in week out. One of the few recruiting decisions Spud and Beck actually got right.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2006, 10:11:32 PM »
What are peoples thoughts on Julian Rowe?

I thought he showed a little bit a couple of years ago.

Seems to have gone AWOL.

Not saying we should pick Rowe up as he's just an average footballer but yeah I was surprised too Bully to see the Pies had delisted him. I didn't think he was one of their worse in the games I saw him play. Plenty of other overrated duds at Collingwood  :yep.