Author Topic: Punters corner / DC's 5 star system  (Read 11241 times)

Jackstar

Re: Caulfield Cup- DC's 5 star system
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 06:03:14 AM »
I think EL SEGUNDO will win.
Went to watch trackwork at Valley yesterday morning, all good fun, free breaky etc

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Punters corner
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 08:47:25 AM »
Any punters out there in oer land place your bets hot tips here.

This week as posted in main board I have had 60 straight out the win at 2.20 on the Tigers to cover my 40 at 8.25 at 39.5 +

As for the nags

Moonee Valley

Race 7 No 11 Star Rose - Nice e/w odds - shouldn't lose on that one.

Rosehill - Hard to read the slipper but have to have a go.

Zizou

and one that could pay ok e/way Cecconi  :thumbsup

NB: I hope that was counterfeit money you put on the dees last night quagmire. :whistle

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Re: Punters corner
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 01:54:23 PM »
NB: I hope that was counterfeit money you put on the dees last night quagmire. :whistle

Luckily I didn't get to the tote on time coz I was running late for my cricket association awards!  :whistle

I like Deferential for the Slipper, but if anyone used my '5 star system' for the Caulfield Cup last year, they will know not to follow my advice.  ::)

Anyone been studying the form for the Dubai races tonight? I see Pop Rock is running and paying about $5, however they are all $6.5 million dollar races so all the horses over there must be class.
Pompeii Ruler is a fair chance tonight, but I wont be backing it as I think it's odds will be under being an aussie horse and all.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Jackstar

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 03:33:21 PM »
Backed the saints last nite no cigar there. Meant to say the Demons,
lost me money as is meant by no cigar ;)
Have backed Meurice in the slipper.
I too have backed Star Rose at the Valley.
De Lago Mist in adelaide,
N. Ryan in the SA Jockey challenge. 2.70 is great odds
And Backed the Kangaroos today
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 03:56:46 PM by Jackstar »

Moi

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 03:39:36 PM »
You said you put 200 big ones on the Dees last night, Jack

Jackstar

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 03:55:54 PM »
Soory meant to say Deees, anyway no cigar as a wrote means done me doe $$$$$$$$$

Ramps

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 03:58:43 PM »
i only do multibets these days...

Moi

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 04:00:55 PM »
I won on St Kilda  :thumbsup

I didn't quite bet $200 though lol

Jackstar

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 04:02:58 PM »
Dont give it back ;)

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 04:06:55 PM »
Hope you guys went each way in the Slipper!

Another notch in D.Oliver's belt!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Moi

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2007, 04:09:44 PM »
Dont give it back ;)
I didn't mention that I had other bets which weren't as nice to me  :rollin

Jackstar

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2007, 04:22:11 PM »
Hope you guys went each way in the Slipper!

Another notch in D.Oliver's belt!

Was each way.
Am on Annamto in the next, got to go and watch

Jackstar

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2007, 04:31:03 PM »
Ah, bad day on the punt

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Punters corner: Clubs treat punters like mugs - bookie (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 03:27:04 AM »
Clubs treat punters like mugs - bookie
04 April 2007   Herald-Sun
Damian Barrett

RICHMOND'S listing of an injured Nathan Brown in its weekend team was another example of the double standards that applied to AFL wagering, according to a leading bookmaker.

Lasseters Sports' Gerard Daffy said the Brown selection, the late withdrawals of West Coast's Dean Cox and Andrew Embley, and a mistake by an umpire in the Kangaroos-Collingwood game unnecessarily adversely affected bookmakers and punters.

"We've had integrity rammed down own our throats by the AFL since year dot, but it's not a one-way street, this integrity thing," Daffy said.

"They're wanting us to provide open access to all accounts and there is legislation going through parliament in Victoria that will require agencies to pay for the rights to field on football played in that state.

"That's fine, provided some protection comes back to us and the punter.

"We are entitled to feel aggrieved. They take the cash out of the game (about $2 million a year through deals with bookie agencies), the AFL, but offer nothing in return."

The AFL's chief commercial officer Gillon McLachlan said current rules did protect punters and bookmakers.

"Football teams can make changes right up until 40 minutes before the game, and West Coast lodged its team list when it was required to, and when it did, it didn't bring anyone (in from) outside the 25," McLachlan said.

"If people want to bet on football, they know these rules . . . if you are worried about changes, don't bet until the last 40 minutes.

"We are running a football competition for our football supporters, and the rules are designed to ensure the best and fittest players take the field each game."

Daffy said bookmakers and punters were left vulnerable by clubs deliberately listing unavailable players.

"Richmond named Brown in the team to play on the weekend, yet on the same day the Herald Sun's back page was an article saying he would be out of action for a while," Daffy said. "What would have happened if the Herald Sun hadn't ascertained that information?

"Embley and Cox were named in the (Eagles) team but no one expected them to play given the weight of money that came for the Swans -- they were backed off the map.

"Now while that was a good result for bookmakers in the end, we were left wide open."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21501912%255E19742,00.html

Bulluss

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 08:15:45 PM »
For anyone who seen the Doncaster today, it was a fantastic win by Heradasun.

Looked like Divine Madonna was going to swamp it with about 100m to go but Heradasun dug deep and found a little extra. Fantastic Horse with a very bright future. :thumbsup