Author Topic: John Ilhan is Crazy about Richmond and the boardroom  (Read 3781 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: John Ilhan is Crazy about Richmond and the boardroom
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 12:31:44 PM »
Just out of curiosity, is he a RFC member?
I don't know about his current status, but a couple of years ago it was established that he either hadn't been a member at all in the previous 20 years, or had only been once or twice. To be fair, my recall is hazy, but I'm pretty sure his membership record would be the total opposite to Eddie McGuire's record, to whom he's been compared.

Give me a break
this guy is a flake

That's why I was asking GB  ;). My memory of all that off-field turmoil back in 2004 was that it was found out he wasn't a member. A bit hard to want to join the Club's board and become Prez if you aren't a member lol.
Wasn't that the problem with getting Rex on the board?  For crying out aloud, if these guys are serious about being on the board, they should at least have the basic membership!!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 05:42:21 PM »
Just out of curiosity, is he a RFC member?
I don't know about his current status, but a couple of years ago it was established that he either hadn't been a member at all in the previous 20 years, or had only been once or twice. To be fair, my recall is hazy, but I'm pretty sure his membership record would be the total opposite to Eddie McGuire's record, to whom he's been compared.

Give me a break
this guy is a flake

That's why I was asking GB  ;). My memory of all that off-field turmoil back in 2004 was that it was found out he wasn't a member. A bit hard to want to join the Club's board and become Prez if you aren't a member lol.
Wasn't that the problem with getting Rex on the board?  For crying out aloud, if these guys are serious about being on the board, they should at least have the basic membership!!

Yep Julz. IIRC although Rex donated money and was invited to clubs functions he didn't have at least standard game-admitting membership.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 09:16:36 PM »
John Ilhan has settled his $45m claim against Telstra for a net $2m. He gets $5m but has to pay back $3m.

Between the two parties they have spent $15m om legal fees.

Watch this space...................

http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,20798891%5E15306,00.html