Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 249972 times)

dwaino

Re: A-League thread
« Reply #1920 on: August 25, 2016, 01:49:43 PM »
Roooojaaaassss!

dwaino

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1922 on: September 15, 2016, 12:14:53 PM »
Holy
Smeggin
Hell

:o

:clapping

The Bison... Brilliant player

Mvfc come a fair way from ferrante, sarkies, pantaledis

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

dwaino

« Reply #1923 on: September 15, 2016, 12:44:50 PM »
Our depth is massive too now. Mitch Austin, Mahazi, FBK could all start in their own right but will probably start from the bench more often than not. Unless FBK plays LM/RM? We've used him as a winger and Troisi and Rojas have him covered there. He always apparently wanted to play as a 10 and I assumed that would be the case after Gui but now I guess the Bison will go there for no reason other than he'd be the best player.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 01:00:35 PM by dwaino »

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1924 on: September 15, 2016, 01:02:44 PM »
Our depth is massive too now. Mitch Austin, Mahazi, FBK could all start in their own right but will probably start from the bench more often than not. Unless FBK plays LM/RM? We've used him as a winger and Troisi and Rojas have him covered there. He always apparently wanted to play as a 10 and I assumed that would be the case after Gui but now I guess the Bison will go there.

Berisha

Rojas   Fbk.   Troisi

Essien. Valeri

:o
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

dwaino

« Reply #1925 on: September 15, 2016, 05:17:50 PM »
Oh yeah, going back to 4231 would work  ;D

tony_montana

« Reply #1927 on: September 23, 2016, 09:13:21 AM »
Even though he wouldve made Victory deadly, its unfortunate it fell through

dwaino

« Reply #1928 on: September 23, 2016, 01:00:44 PM »
That's a huge shame. Looks like Bozanic keeps his spot. I really like the addition of Troisi and Rojas who are going to cause some huge headaches for full backs, and getting in both Baro and Donachie adds to the defensive depth in the absence of Del Pierre but it's going to be a tough season. City have some serious firepower now but with all due respect I'd be more worried if they still had Mooy to feed them and I think they're still a little defensively fragile, the Nix look like they are going to be a serious team this season especially if they can get Gui into his form from a couple seasons ago (not bitter but he was an absolute plodder last season) and while Adelaide looked like they were going to struggle to field a squad they have started adding some internationals in the past week. Only question with Adelaide is how long it will take for their side to gel since they're still only now getting it together. I'm predicting another poo fight 1-4 on the table.

tony_montana

« Reply #1929 on: September 23, 2016, 01:13:18 PM »
Adelaide have shown they can spot the comp a fair start and reel em in  :shh

dwaino

« Reply #1930 on: September 23, 2016, 01:15:04 PM »
Good point. A League season is always a tale of two halves. Before and after summer window is always two different stories.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #1931 on: September 23, 2016, 01:28:46 PM »
City have a completely new team
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

dwaino

« Reply #1932 on: October 14, 2016, 12:57:03 PM »
Looking forward to heading to the game tomorrow. For some reason the betting agencies on the radio have Victory as favourites but I don't see it. While Gui was putrid last season, the last game against Brisbane show we are seriously lacking a play maker. Would have liked our chances a bit more with Troisi and Rojas in the same side but that's going to be at least a month. Muscy is probably itching to go 433 again but I think that will be suicide against City. Really need to go 4231 or 4141 or something to strangle Bratten and not allow him to easily feed Cahill and the Pear while allowing us to stay wide and keep attacking that still vulnerable City defense with pace through Rojas and Austin/Ingham. We have no capability of creative inside play this season so it's just not going to work and Bes is either going to have to step up or just suck it up. If we can keep the pressure up I think we will score and I do like the Baro/Donachie combo at the back so just need some effort from the mids. Tipping a 1-2 to City and would like to go in with something like

Geria----Donachie----Baro----Georgevski
--------Mahazi----Brox
---Austin/Ingham---FBK-----Rojas
------------Bes

dwaino

« Reply #1933 on: October 15, 2016, 09:13:03 PM »
Can't believe how putrid we are without a genuine CM. FBK wanted the position since he came but when it presents he doesn't deliver. Doesn't help the whistle is one way. Every time a city player falls over whether they initiated contact or not they're getting the benefit of the doubt. Should have been a red in the first half.

Annnd it has only taken an hour and 3 goals for Kev to change the formation to what I thought he should have had from the start.

dwaino

« Reply #1934 on: October 15, 2016, 09:20:05 PM »
Lmao Geria dragged down. Officer Barbrady "move along people, nothing to see here  8)"