Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 251807 times)

tony_montana

Re: A-League thread
« Reply #1965 on: November 21, 2016, 02:07:32 PM »

Geelong
Tassie
Perth II
South Sydney - soccer mad

2nd division
Wollongong
Casey
Brisbane strikers
2nd Adelaide
South west sydney
South Melbourne
Canberra
plus another 3

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1966 on: November 21, 2016, 03:57:10 PM »

plus another 3

NT, Ipswich, Northern Spirit/Penrith/Blacktown City
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1967 on: November 27, 2016, 04:16:22 AM »
Rojas  :thumbsup  :thumbsup

Victory now up to second with a game in hand  :thumbsup.

dwaino

« Reply #1968 on: November 27, 2016, 10:17:54 AM »
Rojas is a gun. Was a good day at AAMI, really good ground to watch football. South End are picking up the noise but unfortunately the stragglers of the NT who are standing at the top have started booing the new group trying to reform an active supporters group in the terrace. Not on.

As for the game, Beister needs minutes and I'm sure Mainz would appreciate it too. He should have come on when Austin went off injured. Bringing him on for 15-20 minutes isn't doing him or us any favours. Also, I still think we have the best forwards in terms of depth. Rojas, Bes, Austin, FBK, Troisi, Beister and even Ingham has shown a bit, yet again for a half we just blew chances and wasted every play into final third. We should be threatening every time we attack but something just isn't working. We're not playing Bes or Rojas to their strengths, our crosses are poor and we've gone back to not taking shots and just trying to walk it into goals again. Poor starts like that will cost us against better teams.

I need to check but I think Baro misses next week now as I think that was his 5th yellow. I think Ansell had a niggle which is why he was subbed so he'll need to take it easy this week.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1969 on: November 27, 2016, 09:13:34 PM »
Ernie Merrick issues impassioned plea for A-League video referees.

http://outside90.com/ernie-merrick-issues-plea-for-video-referees-after-melbourne-city-defeat-757/

dwaino

« Reply #1970 on: November 27, 2016, 11:27:25 PM »
The FFA is either too blind to notice the trend of opposition managers having issues with refereeing of their games against City, or it's just the script they wrote for this season. It's plain as day, everyone can see it. Fornaroli is good enough to find goals whenever he wants but it's refreshing to see that it's now more than "whinging victory" supporters that are taking notice of his cheap shirt pulling tactics in the box to milk penalties.

tony_montana

« Reply #1971 on: December 01, 2016, 10:44:48 AM »
1 down
1 to go for this season  :cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1972 on: December 02, 2016, 10:35:30 PM »
yet again for a half we just blew chances and wasted every play into final third. We should be threatening every time we attack but something just isn't working. We're not playing Bes or Rojas to their strengths, our crosses are poor and we've gone back to not taking shots and just trying to walk it into goals again. Poor starts like that will cost us against better teams.
And it cost us big time tonight  :scream. I think we hit the post 3 times :P. Seriously, it should've/could've/would've been 6-1 if we nailed even half our chances. Then add the goal we conceded was schoolboy-ish defending (we were ballwatching) and we blew 2 points.

dwaino

« Reply #1973 on: December 03, 2016, 09:15:55 AM »
Nearly 70% possession and 20 shots with only 1 goal to show for it is unacceptable. Troisi couldn't hit the side of a barn at the moment.

tony_montana

« Reply #1974 on: December 03, 2016, 04:36:13 PM »
Here's a doozy - victory are the smokey for the title  :shh Building into the season nicely after a poor start. Starting to look more fluent and are creating lots of openings in the final third. Get a bit more clinical in front of goal and watchout. Still think City will be there at the business end and now that Colazo is back we'll get about 5x better but ive been watching victory every week and they are building into a long season very nicely

dwaino

« Reply #1975 on: December 03, 2016, 05:28:05 PM »
The key will be Beister getting to 100% fitness. FBK has been showing signs of 14/15 form and can't get a start due to Rojas and some good form from Austin. There will be a huge improvement once Beister gets starts and Troisi buys a radar. I still like our defence, it's pure mongrel with Baro, Donachie, Brox and Valeri but it's just some dumb moments costing us. Del Pierre was a truly world class CB so I think there is just some slow gelling issues at the back trying to cover him. A League has proven every season it is a tale of two halves and I'm more than happy to be going along just quietly under the radar while Sydney and City are showing their cards early.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1976 on: December 03, 2016, 05:57:27 PM »
Or, things could go horribly south. Or stay the same.

Or Sydney or Melb City could improve and become juggernauts. Or go south.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

dwaino

« Reply #1977 on: December 03, 2016, 07:30:31 PM »
Sydney are getting the most out of a team of mostly battlers, hard to see them getting better and will only win it if no one can match them.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1978 on: December 03, 2016, 10:03:19 PM »
And the Oscar goes to Jade North :facepalm.

Why don't you add a fourth somersault in there, Jade  ::).

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CyvozOAUcAA44sX.mp4

Seriously, there should be a lengthy suspension handed out for this crap. It is nothing but cheating by trying to con the ref in getting your opponent sent off for nothing.

dwaino

« Reply #1979 on: December 04, 2016, 11:21:27 AM »
Took something spectacular to top Isaias and Brandan's best Oscar efforts but there it is.