Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 242079 times)

tony_montana

Re: A-League thread
« Reply #2040 on: April 30, 2017, 10:17:48 PM »
go and spoil the party - reckon Arnie will blow a head gasket if they lose  :lol

dwaino

« Reply #2041 on: April 30, 2017, 11:09:06 PM »
 ;D would have loved anyone to do it just for his reaction. Will be a massive task though. Sydney have had one of the best team performances ever. They haven't done it off the back of individual champions but just the entire team playing for each other.

tony_montana

« Reply #2042 on: May 07, 2017, 07:31:55 PM »
Arnie has been simmering all game and is coming to a boil now, ranting and raving on the sidelines, throwing his hands up in disbelief when his players get fouled for some shockingly crude tackles. Will blow if they lose

tony_montana

« Reply #2043 on: May 07, 2017, 08:02:34 PM »
Down to penalties now

Victory so close in extra time with a troisi volley hitting the post.

tony_montana

« Reply #2044 on: May 07, 2017, 08:05:46 PM »
Wilkinson misses!

Broxhom shushes the cove lol

tony_montana

« Reply #2045 on: May 07, 2017, 08:06:27 PM »
Valerie blasts it onto the bar

Misses!

Back to square

tony_montana

« Reply #2046 on: May 07, 2017, 08:07:45 PM »
Syd bury the next one

Pressure right on victory here

Rojas goes low to the right and vukovic saves!

Rojas had a dirty night

Victory in real trouble now

Sydney need to score to win

tony_montana

« Reply #2047 on: May 07, 2017, 08:08:38 PM »
Ninkovic buries it in the bottom corner and Sydney are crowned new A-league champions!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2048 on: May 07, 2017, 08:08:58 PM »
Geez, I hate deciding games by penalty shootouts  :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2049 on: May 07, 2017, 08:12:53 PM »
That's two GFs we've lost to Sydney on penalties :scream. It's a joke of a way to decide a title. They had it right in the old days  :oldguy with replays.

dwaino

« Reply #2050 on: May 07, 2017, 08:15:41 PM »
Only thing I don't like about this game. After the season they had Sydney deserve to be champions but after not being able to split two teams in over two hours of football it comes down to something so stupid. May as well just flip a coin to decide the winner.

tony_montana

« Reply #2051 on: May 07, 2017, 08:20:09 PM »
Agree with a replay, also means more $$$$$ for the FFA not sure why they don't do it

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2052 on: May 07, 2017, 08:32:33 PM »
It's all about the pleasing the corporates who complained about replays because they miss out due to the need to hastily arranged a replay within a week. Also travelling clubs (especially Perth clubs in Oz) complained about having to either travel home and back again or stay another whole week in a foreign city. So because of them the majority have to cop deciding titles roulette style  ::).  The game is a team sport: 11 on 11; not 1 on 1. If they don't want replays then just let them play on until there's a golden goal. Fatigue will eventually open the game up bring about a winning goal.

dwaino

« Reply #2053 on: May 07, 2017, 08:42:21 PM »
The worst part is I don't feel like we lost. We were expected to just rock up and receive our second place medals but we took it right up to them and while it was a heated game Sydney were extremely lucky to have 11 on the field by the end. I really thought Zullo had been carded in the first half when he got that card late. Grant and Holosko were just dropping players left right and centre off the ball abd FBK is lucky he didn't break his ankle during that game. Arnie is an arrogant toolbag and he's the only one I wanted to beat.

Anyway, I look forward to a big off season. Letting FBK go considering Georgievski and Bozanic already gone and no gaurantee to keep both Rojas and Troisi must mean we already have someone lined up. Rhys Williams will be a fantastic get if that one works out.

dwaino

« Reply #2054 on: May 09, 2017, 10:34:54 PM »
Reckon he's a bit too much of a 'rockstar' to play in the A League, but I'd totally bar up over having Honda in the V.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/05/09/how-honda-could-drive-sydney-and-victory-asian-glory