Author Topic: US Election - It's President Obama  (Read 9668 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: US Elections
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 01:45:32 PM »
Once the dust settles I can see it being a joint Obama & Hillary ticket

President Obama and Vice President Clinton

Don't think it will be. Makes the GOP campaign pretty easy - simply get all of the soundbites from the last 6 months of them ripping each other apart. I think Hillary would be very difficult to trust with whats transpired too. Could she settle for VP?

I think the best thing for the Dems is to choose the more moderate Jim Webb. Military hero, southern (well Virginia, which is below the Mason-Dixon line IIRC) with white working class roots in the Eastern Appalachian states where Obama has struggled. Pretty much neutralises anything that McCain has to go on.

Ramps

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 03:37:24 PM »
Obama shouldnt pick Hillary as the Veep. He should fob her of with the Health job in his administration. He should pick someone who can deliver a state from the republicans.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 05:44:57 PM »
Don't think it will be. Makes the GOP campaign pretty easy - simply get all of the soundbites from the last 6 months of them ripping each other apart. I think Hillary would be very difficult to trust with whats transpired too. Could she settle for VP?
Yep it's a risk for that fact going with a Obama-Hillary ticket.

They're saying Obama and Hillary will "talk" it over before she tomorrow officially steps out of the race. I always thought she wanted the Prez too much to now accept the VP. Then again as VP she could be in waiting for 8 years and then be the front runner to succeed Obama.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 07:43:51 PM »
Obama won't want Hillary as his running mate as the last thing he would want is have 2 Clinton's undermining his Presidency. The vice president and the former President. Obama would need to find someone else to run with otherwise it may get very hairy.

bushranger

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 02:05:40 PM »
Lets give him Kevin 07 as a running mate. Oh but little Johnnny loved to run so he might be better as a running mate.  :lol :lol :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 07:30:02 PM »
How about three Neo-Nazis caught planning an assassination attempt on Obama  :o.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/fbi-investigating-possible-assassination-plot-against-obama-908868.html

Moi

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 08:02:28 PM »
How about three Neo-Nazis caught planning an assassination attempt on Obama  :o.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/fbi-investigating-possible-assassination-plot-against-obama-908868.html
I started a thread on Bigfooty called "Dead Man Walking" - will be only a matter of time if he becomes president

Ox

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 08:33:48 PM »
What I would like to know is:

What is Obama supposedly going to do to improve the USA's continually faltering reputation ?

It's an issue of concern when one observes the closeness between he and a multitude of
renowned megalomaniacs,such as Oprah,Madonna,Ted Kennedy :help,not to exclude his wife,Michelle Barak.

All of the above would feel their rise to power complete if B.O. got in.

I can see the inauguration celebrations now,with only celebrity token minorities representing
the masses,as they sip on champagne and revel in the glory of actually having helped
this guy become president through the advertisement of racial equallity and the withdrawal of troupes from financially placed war zones,some of which we are probably unaware.

We all know he translates as a Intelligent,handsome black man,a Muslim,A faithful husband etc,etc
but what the stuff is he going to do...what is the merit of his future campaigns?

Are they pipe dreams or personal dreams?

On the other hand McCain has the look of a man that has commited murder at least 50 times.

If you ask me,they're all stuffed,the whole lot of them,from the top of the pile to the bottom of the barrel.

America - The New Israel ! :P

Ox

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »
LOL Cheers guys :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »

What is Obama supposedly going to do to improve the USA's continually faltering reputation ?

It's an issue of concern when one observes the closeness between he and a multitude of
renowned megalomaniacs,such as Oprah,Madonna,Ted Kennedy :help,not to exclude his wife,Michelle Barak.

I can see the inauguration celebrations now,with only celebrity token minorities representing
the masses,as they sip on champagne and revel in the glory of actually having helped
this guy become president through the advertisement of racial equallity and the withdrawal of troupes from financially placed war zones,some of which we are probably unaware.

We all know he translates as a Intelligent,handsome black man,a Muslim,A faithful husband etc,etc
but what the eff is he going to do...what is the merit of his future campaigns?

On the other hand McCain has the look of a man that has commited murder at least 50 times.

If you ask me,they're all stuffed,the whole lot of them,from the top of the pile to the bottom of the barrel.

Bush = Frawley
Obama = Wallace

There might be a bit more spin but at least the new guy can construct a sentence without forgetting what he was talking about ;D. The new VP won't be shooting his hunting mates in the bum either  :wallywink.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 07:56:36 PM »
Here's Obama's problem

He's promised everything under the sun. Every president since Truman has at one point or another promised universal healthcare. Nixon of all people got closest. The problem is getting is whether America can afford it without jacking up taxes majorly. Obama comes in with all these 'big' ideas. But the reality is the Republican attack dogs are out, the race is narrowing by the day, and though I expect Obama to win it is quite possible the Dems will not have enough in both houses to bring in Obama's plans. Remember that crossing the floor in the US is not all that uncommon and Obama is a liberal figure in the Democrat party.

So he's not going to be able to do half the things he promises.

Agree w the celebs. Every year you have some rich rockstar who hasn't seen his bank balance in years coming out and supporting someone - then that persons support plummets.

I actually think Bush is more clumsy than stupid. A clever politican who is borderline dyslexic.

Don't know where you got that Obama is a Muslim from Ox.....

bushranger

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 08:47:58 AM »
I heard that Obama, if elected is changing his name by depole to Ohbomber. I wants to be the Bombers number 1 ticket holder.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2008, 11:41:35 AM »
Cue the circus music

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2008, 11:54:19 AM »

but what the eff is he going to do...what is the merit of his future campaigns?

Obama brings new vision and is a breath of fresh air.

I dont care who is the leader out of Hilary or Obama as long as i never have to see that bush pric.k ever again.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 03:28:55 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
US Election - It's President Obama
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 03:26:11 PM »