Author Topic: Bluey_21 2006 Mock Draft  (Read 3283 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Bluey_21 2006 Mock Draft
« on: November 21, 2006, 09:07:20 PM »
Basically I tried to bring into account the needs of each club, and what game plan they are trying to implement. And as such there are some big fluctuations between my personal rating of each player and where they appear in my mock draft. And I tried to compare their playing style to current AFL players, but in some cases it was very hard so I skipped them.

1. Carlton - Bryce Gibbs
Style like: James Hird
My Ranking: 5

Very classy forward/midfielder who is a smooth mover and can cut opposition sides apart with his brilliant skills. Very much in the mould of a young James Hird with his balance, poise and class. Quick in his anticipation of the footy, finds space and is such as smooth mover that he looks like he is having a stroll in the pack. Gibbs also has that touch of arrogance needed to become a gun player. Must admit I reckon there is too much hype on the kid, but regardless is still super-talented. Doesn't have the pace to be a game breaker in the Deledio/Judd mould but will win more than his fair share of games with his damaging skills and class. I wouldn't call Gibbs slow per se, but he is not particularly quick either. Also a bit worried that at the U18 champs this year he looked to chip around a bit too much rather than routinely kicking long and direct. Cannot see Carlton passing up on Gibbs as their midfield needs a serious make over. Might look at Hansen but odds are they will snap up Gibbs.

2. Essendon - Lachlan Hansen
Style like: Chad Cornes
My Ranking: 1

Hansen is a versatile and athletic big man who is an excellent overhead mark. Excellent judgement of the flight of the ball and attacks it fearlessly. Played along the forward line, at CHB and even in the ruck for Gippsland and was super impressive. He also exhibited excellent kicking skills and that excellent athletic ability he has. Also, when playing as a key defender he knows when to run off an opponent and when to play tight, and because of this very few goals are kicked on him and he can really damage oppositions on the rebound. Was very impressive last year at the U18 champs. But had an injury-interrupted campaign this year after clashing with Scmidt in a marking contest, but still got All Australian at CHB. If Gibbs slips through the Dons will have no hesitation in snapping him up, but most likely he won't and Hansen will be in the red and black. But Essendon are always interesting participators so could be an intriguing pick.

3. North Melbourne - Scott Gumbleton
Style like: Quinten Lynch/Josh Kennedy
My Ranking: 2

Gumbleton is a gun CHF from Peel Thunder who is an incredibly strong contested mark and contests very well. Plays like Josh Kennedy but a stronger mark and a bit more athletic. And if he doesn't mark the ball he will bring it to ground and let his smaller team mates crumb off him. Very good set shock kicking technique and is a reliable converter in front of goal, known as a sharp shooter. Also has played in the ruck a bit and looked alright. IMHO Gumbleton has the least upside (but still has massive potential) of the KPPs tipped to go top 10, but definitely is the safest option. Ready year 1. Played impressively last year but was carrying an injury, and played very well this year earning himself an U18 All Australian guernsey. At the champs he looked to be a bit quiet one moment and then impose himself with a strong contested mark and important goal. Believe the Roos will gobble up Gumbleton quickly as he is exactly what they need as a key forward with presence.

4. Brisbane - Albert Proud
Style like: Michael Voss
My Ranking: 9

Proud is an Aboriginal player who is a well-rounded midfielder and who is not just a burst player. Proud is a hard and tough midfielder who knows when to go in for the hard ball and when to hang off the packs. He has quite good endurance and an excellent work-rate to complement. Quick over the ground but not lightning and is capable of playing as a linkman with his good decision making and long kicking. Very composed under pressure, very clean hands and has the flair that many Aboriginal players have. Has all the tools and is a complete player IMHO, despite the fact that he is a division 2 player. Already well-built and ready year 1. Liked him a lot last year at the U18 champs, but been more consistently good this year. Have stated that they prefer local boys due who haven't got a go-home factor, and Proud fits the criteria. Think Proud is perfect for the Lions as he can fill that tough-nut role of Voss. Maybe not the class of Leunberger, Thorp and etc but not too far off.

5. Port Adelaide - James Sellar
Style like: Jeff White
My Ranking: 7

Sellar is a mobile and very athletic ruckman/tall forward who plays like Josh Fraser, but is physically stronger and more mobile IMHO. Is a natural ruckman and it stands out when you see him ruck. But, may be caught between playing ruck and KPP because at his height he won't be a No. 1 ruckman IMO. Also when the ball hits the deck he doesn't get lost and is more than capable of winning the ball himself and feeding it out. Has an excellent work-rate and very dangerous when drifting forward. Excellent skills and has none of the awkwardness when kicking the ball that most ruckman have. Super competitive and is a natural leader and this shows when you see him play. Very disappointing championship but doubt it will affect his rating in the draft. SA boy and best available so odds are Port will draft Sellar, but equally see them go for Leunberger. Sellar could be this year's slider though.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Bluey_21 2006 Mock Draft
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 09:08:02 PM »
6. Hawthorn - Matthew Leuenberger
Style like: Peter Everitt
My Ranking: 3

On talent he would go top 5 easily but ruckman (unless they are very special eg Sellar and Josh Fraser) have a tendency to slip. Leunberger is a natural ruckman who has developed rapidly after focusing solely on his footy. Quite athletic and has a good leap and can either thump the ball forward or palm it down deftly to his team mates. Also holds his ground in boundary throw-in contests. Already a legitimate ruck size and will make his AFL debut a lot quicker than most ruckman do. A bit ahead of Sellar in terms of ruckwork, and without a doubt the best tap ruckman IMO, but I rate Sellar higher because the difference isn't too much, plus Sellar moves better and has slightly more value around the ground. U18 AA ruckman this year but no ruckman really stood out for me. Hawks desperately need a ruckman with Everitt flying the nest, Hawks will also be salivating at the prospect of Leunberger slipping out of top 3, but could also see them snap up Thorp or even Jetta for their pace.

7. Geelong - Leroy Jetta
Style like: Jeff Farmer
My Ranking: 10

Extremely quick with very high skill level and is capable of doing things some players could only dream of doing. Has the ability and pace to break open a game and become a genuine match winner like our Nathan G Brown. May eventually become a midfielder but will need to do work on his endurance because at the moment he is a bit more of a burst player. And even then he may not become a bona fide midfielder IMO. Got the flair and goal sense of Aboriginal players and regularly uses them to advantage. U18 All Australian last year and has since been touted as a gun player. Better at the U18 champs last year than this year IMHO. Also, kicking under pressure was quite inconsistent at times, causing a few turnovers so would need to work on his composure under pressure. Geelong has a honest but slow midfield, and Jetta will inject immediate pace into their midfield.

8. Collingwood - Mitchell Thorp
Style like: Richo
My Ranking: 4

Gun KPP with amazing athleticism (especially that burst speed off the mark) and the versatility to play back and forward. Complete package with his versatility, athleticism, footy smarts and fine skills. Has played senior football in the VFL for Tasmania and was very impressed with his composure, marking and skill level (regularly pin-pointed 50 metre drop punts). Essentially he has everything required to become a dominant and quality tall in the AFL. Reminds me a bit of Richo in the sense that Thorp is an amazing athlete and his marking ability could make him a very dangerous marking forward. Looked quite good at last years U18's and stepped it up this year, being among Tassie's best every single match and clearly their MVP. Is a chance to slip and if he does we must pick him up. Best available and suits our needs so we must get him. Can play key defence, key forward and even through the midfield like Goodes. With Selwood best available , actually Collingwood might even be tempted to go for Selwood as he has better credentials than Thorp at this stage.

9. St Kilda - Jack Riewoldt
Style like: Ben Dixon
My Ranking: 18

Jack Riewoldt is a versatile tall who has okay pace. Will probably play as a key forward in his AFL career but has shown enough that he could hold down a key defensive post. Strong overhead (especially in contested situations), nice skills and shows some class. A fair bit behind Sellar, Thorp, Hansen and Gumbleton but it gives more of an indication of how good those 4 are. Riewoldt was very impressive in the VFL against men and more than held his ground IMO, featuring in the bests a few times. Shown at the U18 champs that he can be a genuine match winner. Not as athletic or classy as his cousin Nick, but tougher and more versatile IMHO, basically just a class or two below Nick prior to the draft. Query at this stage on his body size as he seems very wiry and may not bulk up enough to hold down a key post consistently. Has links to the club through his brother so believe that the Saints could be keen to add some further height. Would definitely look at Selwood too.

10. Collingwood - Joel Selwood
Style like: Scott West
My Ranking: 6

Classy and tough inside midfielder who like Luke Hodge, looks like a leader on the field. Just keeps winning the ball in close and has the ability to free up his hands to handball. Very clean hands and anticipates around the packs very well and is very quick in this regard. Not a great athlete (in the running and jumping sense) but has superb work-ethic and will run himself ragged in a game. Selwood does all the simple things so well and is very much a team-orientated player. Needs to work on/polish his kicking skills but Selwood is a natural footballer who will be a 200 gamer for the club who picks him up. Missed the U18 champs and large chunks of the TAC season because of a knee problem so could genuinely slide but definitely a top 10 talent. Collingwood desperately need quick midfielders which Selwood isn't, but definitely best available so I can see Collingwood go for best available rather than needs. Could potentially even go at no. 8 depending on how keen they are on him.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 09:08:50 PM »
11. Western Bulldogs - Bachar Houli
Style like: Dean Rioli
My Ranking: 11

Not a major fan of Houli, but still admire his talent and will certainly go pretty high in the draft. Houli is a midfielder/forward who is very clean off the ground and composed under the pressure. He has excellent kicking skills and decision making. A few queries on Houli are that he is already quite a solid build and may not have as much physical development left. Not particularly fast or agile and has had a fair few injury problems. Also doesn't work hard enough defensively. Quality kid and if he can overcome these problems he looks like becoming a genuine star. Whenever he is fit and gets on the park he is dangerous and a constant threat. This is proven when he finished high in the Western Jets B&F (2005) despite missing more than half the season. Doggies have plenty of speed already, don't be suprised to see them go for Thorp if he slips but Houli would be best for them IMO as a super classy forward midfielder who can damage opposition with his superb kicking skills a la Giansiricusa.

12. Melbourne - Ricky Petterd
Style like: Des Headland
My Ranking: 12

Medium-tall midfielder who is quick and has a good leap. Petterd is a physical player who works the packs well and likes to carry the ball. Can leap very high and take a strong grab. At this stage he is a very effective rather than classy midfielder who is hard at the ball and man and is quite athletic. Very solid kick without being super polished so could do with a bit of improvement. Like Schmidt has plenty of tools which to work with and could become a good AFL player. Liked him last year and really stamped himself on the division 2 competition at the championships this year with Queensland. For mine was definitely the standout division 2 player this year and won the Harrison Medal for best division 2 player. Would look at Sheringham as well as a classy running winger, but Petterd has better credentials and CV, Melbourne will like the fact that he can win the hardball, but also is quick enough to run the ball.

13. Richmond - Clayton Collard
Style like: Nick Dal Santo
My Ranking: 8

Although he is not as fast or razzle dazzle as his South Fremantle team mate Jetta, I believe he has a more well-rounded game. No stranger to winning his own hard ball and will put his body on the line for his team. Collard looks like becoming an attacking wingman who will carry the ball with his pace and either setup goals or finish it off himself. Like most Aboriginal players has flair and excitement when he plays. Also has a very nice leap and can really soar for a mark, for example a screamer he took on Vic Country's Jeff Ryan. Has played senior footy in the WAFL and done quite well for himself. Not too far off being a complete player IMO. Had a relatively quiet championship this year which don't really given an indication of how good he actually is. I am a really big fan of Collard; has got brilliant skills, best decision making of all players in this years draft IMHO, and is Dal-Santo-ish in his classy finishing. Hoping Thorp slips but odds are extremely stacked against us since we lost our pick 8. However Collard will suffice for me, super classy, breathtaking skills, great vision and is athletic, Wallace will love him. Could even look at Sheringham or maybe another key defender, but hope not because plenty of KP defenders later in the draft.

14. Adelaide - Jackson Sheringham
Style like: Kade Simpson
My Ranking: 13

Classy and quick wingman/half back flanker with a terrific long kick. Last year and this year was very impressive playing for the Geelong Falcons in the TAC Cup, consistently running through the midfield and kicking long to advantage. He also showed composure, an excellent work-rate, a good ability to read the play and good decision making. Would be bit more of an outside player (rather than an inside player) at this stage and if could win some more contested ball could become a complete player. Only issue with him is is height, otherwise he is a class running player. A part of a group of players who are around about the same level, but because he has genuine pace, think that Adelaide will go for him.

15. Sydney - Thomas Hislop
Style like: Josh Carr
My Ranking: 17

Hislop is similar in playing style to Selwood but not quite as classy. He has clean hands, is hard at the ball and man and has got solid skills. Not overly fast but has enough. Quite strong through the legs and breaks tackles, also has a good tackling technique and is a strong tackler. Like a couple of the other Tassie boys has played some games with Tasmania in the VFL and looked quite good. Like Riddle, it would be a benefit to him to get the maximum amount out of his athleticism. Already a good height and size and should be ready to go in year 1 barring injuries. Impressed me for Tassie in the VFL and been even more impressive at the championships. Desperately need a quality young ruckman (not convinced recruiting the 30-something Peter Everitt was a good idea) so will hope that Leunberger will slip through, unlikely though. Hislop is a tough and hard at it midfielder which Sydney like, could even look at Andrejs Everitt as a player who could potentially grow to ruckman size.

16. West Coast - Brock O'Brien
Style like: Jed Adcock
My Ranking: 19

O’Brien is a tough and physical defender/midfielder with clean hands and neat skills. Quick but not lightning (DC results for sprints were suprisingly good) and makes good decisions. A bit like Jed Adcock and likes to take players on and attack at any given opportunities. He is also a pretty strong mark in the air considering his height. Also quite impressive last year at the U18 champs. Played some games in the WAFL against men and played quite well. O’Brien is a low risk pick with an excellent temperament for AFL, but probably less upside compared to a Sheringham or a Collard. Very solid last year at the champs and playing even better this year IMO. Finished on top, no real need for key forwards anymore as Ashley Hansen and Big Lynch have seem to come on so will go for best available. O'Brien is among a few who are best available, but being a WA local will push his name to the top.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 09:09:37 PM »
17. Carlton - Chris Schmidt
Style like: Joel Smith
My Ranking: 21

Schmidt is a classy midfielder who is already quite a good size. Takes a strong mark and kicks the ball accurately. At the U16 championships last year showed clean hands, good awareness, poise and an excellent ability to clear the ball out of congestion. Schmidt has excellent work at stoppages but needs to work on his attacking game more as he seems to prefer to play it safe. Alright pace but decision making under pressure needs a bit of work. Has some things to work on, but has the platform to become a good midfielder in the AFL. Very impressive last year at the U16 champs and played impressively again this year at the U18 champs. Looks like becoming a half back who can have a run on the ball. Classy and pacy with good kicking skills so will likely appeal to Carlton.

18. Essendon - Eric Mackenzie
My Ranking: 22

Strongly build key defender (looks most comfortable at CHB) who is not the greatest athlete, but has enough for it not to be a major problem at AFL. He has impressed recruiters with his strength and bodywork. And although he is top-aged, he is already a legitimate size and should play AFL footy in his first year. Shown a bit of versatility and can switch forward. Like Hansen is rarely beaten when playing in defence, but does it with power as opposed to Hansen who does it with anticipation. Also like Gumbleton looks like a very safe option. Was playing very well in the WAFL colts prior to the U18 champs but was quite quiet at the champs. May be a bit out-fashioned with clubs less willing to take a big gorilla. Essendon have Fletcher who is ageing and need a young key defender to bolster the stocks. If Essendon get Hansen and MacKenzie then they will basically have full back and centre half-back shored up for the next 10 years.

19. Carlton - Andrejs Everitt
Style like: Too hard to peg for mine, elements of Goodes though
My Ranking: 25

Everitt is a super athletic tall utility type who could really be developed into any position a team wants. Like Reid has a lot of weight to put on, but has the attributes to be a very good player. He has excellent athleticism (especially that huge leap), strong mark and a classy user of the ball. Although he has played at FB for Dandenong, at this early stage I would see him playing as a third tall forward and maybe eventually a key forward. And if continues his growth spurt could even become a backup ruckman/resting tall forward. More athlete than a genuine footballer currently, and potential greater than actual form IMHO. Was a player I was really looking forward to seeing at the championships but didn't deliver on what I was hoping of him. Can play a key defensive post on the right opponent and can run through the midfield a bit like Goodes which will definetly appeal to Carlton

20. Essendon - Travis Boak
style like: Amon Buchanon
My Ranking: 20

Boak is a composed inside midfielder who is hard at the ball and shows desperation. He shows class, plays with desperation and can win plenty of the ball. Pretty strong mark for his size, quite versatile (can play down back and up forward) and is a strong tackler. Very quick and suprisingly. skilful he does look like a good prospect, albeit a bit lower compared to a Proud or an Urquhart. Grow to 185cm and polish his skills a bit more and looks like quite a good prospect. Looked very solid at the U18 champs but never really was among the best, however does have an ability to genuinely change the momentum of a game. Mark and Jason Johnson are both veteran midfielders who will need replacing and Boak would be a good fit as a tough and hard at it, no fuss midfielder who will scrap for everything. Could see Sheeds pull one out of left field and snap up Calib Mourish, however Boak is a safer option and a very good midfielder who can play inside and win the ball or play outside and run it.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 09:10:22 PM »
21. North Melbourne - Grant Weeks
My Ranking: 24

Like Benjamin is a bit in the Andrew Embley mould IMO. He is a tall utility type who can run through the middle and play tall in the forward line. But much more footy smart than Benjamin. Leads well and is a very strong overhead mark but needs to work on his goal kicking. He is also quite lively when the ball hits the deck. Alright athleticism, but would want to try and work on getting a bit faster maybe. Stay at his current height then he will be a flanker/midfielder/utility type, grow a few more cm and he might become a key forward (would need to improve goal-kicking though). Played alright at the championships, took some strong marks, played with liveliness and kicked goals. Very handy and versatile tall option that could serve the Kangas as a medium tall marking target or a crumber. However Weeks is very hard to peg, some people like him whereas others don't think much of him.

22. Brisbane - Gavin Urquhart
Style like: Chris Scott
My Ranking: 26

Would have Urquhart at roughly the same level as Proud at this stage, but Proud has more upside and a few more tricks IMO. Urquhart is a tough and relentless inside midfielder who seems to lift when the opposition heaps more pressure on him. Genuinely inside midfielder who like Brock O'Brien is more effective than classy. Is a strong tackler, has a good work-rate, clean hands and neat skills. Would like to see him be more attacking and run the lines a bit though. Ready to play senior footy in year 1 but doesn't have as much scope for further improvement as others. U18 AA last year and while he played very well this year, not quite as good as last year IMO. I think it is because he was more physically developed than the others last year and those kids have caught up to him this year in that respect. Best available and a local QLD boy so Brisbane should have no hesitation in taking Urquhart to replace the retired Scott as a hard hitting defender/midfielder.

23. Port Adelaide - Ben Reid
My Ranking: 16

Reid is a very bottom-aged (29/4/1989) versatile tall who looked very impressive last year at the U16 championships. Very athletic, is a strong mark and has a heap of potential. May become a key position player but that is a long way off as he has a heap of weight to put on. Played for Murray Bushrangers in the TAC cup this year and was played in a variety of roles and did alright. His TAC cup form not as impressive as his U16 champs form last year though, but has all the physical attributes to potentially become a real player. Super impressive at last years U16 champs, but has not had a massive presence in this years U18 champs but it isn't bothering me too much because he is physically quite immature/skinny and very bottom-aged. Chad Cornes is playing upfield more, Bishop and Wakelin ageing, so Port will be planning for the future by taking a young and promising key defender.

24. Hawthorn Tom Collier
Style like: Grant Birchall
My Ranking: 27

Collier is a Grant Birchall type player with an almost identical profile, however Collier plays more like a KPP. He is tall (about 192cm), mobile, fast and quite skilful. At his height, clubs would be looking to turn him into a key-position player. Needed to improve body work and contested marking and has done so. And as such I feel a bit more comfortable in him making AFL. The fact that Birchall went in the 1st round last year and Collier is a similar player really does give an indication of how good this year’s draft is. Was also a bit like Birchall just running around doing what he wanted, but now seems more accountable and could become a modern day mobile rebounding CHB. Took Birchall successfully last year, so Collier as a similar type player will definetly appeal. Also knows how to play CHB which will appeal to Hawthorn's lack of quality tall defenders.

25. Geelong - Todd Pfeiffer
Style like: Brett Peake
My Ranking: 29

Had some pretty big wraps on him pre-championships but was dissapointing and is definitely one who could slip right to the end of the draft. Regardless will still be looked at because he has the makings of a modern-day player, and his running ability and long kicking cannot be ignored. Todd Pfeiffer (related to Adelaide's Darren?) is a medium sized winger/flanker who has good pace and likes to carry the ball through the midfield. Has an excellent long kick and good skills in general. Shows genuine footy smarts and moves well but could work harder (needs more endurance IMO). Loves to run and plays with a lot of dare like Freo's Brett Peake. Might even look at Benjamin, or even Renouf as a ruckman, but Pfeiffer is more footy smart and like Jetta will inject immediate pace and flair into Geelong's slow midfield.

26. Richmond - Daniel Connors
Style like: Heath Black
My Ranking: 14

Very hard-working midfielder who has a very solid all-round game with no standout flaws. Plays like a genuine centreman and finds plenty of the ball. Has a good work rate and can play as an in and under ball winner or a runner. As an inside midfielder he has quick hands and good vision. In space he will run hard and kick long to advantage. Very strong and courageous overhead mark which adds to his appeal. Good composure under pressure and very versatile midfielder, however needs to improve tackling. Tough customer who can also play a run-with role, but prefer him as an attacking player. Rate him very highly, and if he slips through to our pick I will be salivating. Perfect fit for us as he can feed the run of Lids, Tambo and co, while also being able to carry the ball himself. Getting Collard and Connors in my book is basically two first round picks.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 09:11:16 PM »
27. St Kilda - Jarryd Allen
Style like: Adam Hunter
My Ranking: 34

Very much improved but lightly built versatile key-position player from Calder Cannons. Plays his best footy IMO across the half back flank but like Adam Hunter is able to go forward, take strong marks and kick goals. Has really come out of nowhere this year and if he can continue his current rate of improvement then he could become a very capable key position player. Allen is a rake-thin customer who is quite mobile, and has a tidy set of kicking skills. Had a very solid Grand Final game which could push him up a bit higher, took some strong marks early and late in the game and kicked some good goals. Although not the most athletic tall available. With Maguire out with injury and Hudghton 30 something, Allen could potentially fill in a key defensive role for the Saints.

28. Collingwood - Clinton Benjamin
Style like: Andrew Embley/Sean Rusling
My Ranking: 36

Benjamin is an Aboriginal player who has flair, but is more of an athlete than a genuine footballer at this stage. He has amazing athleticism, blinding first couple steps and great leap. If he can grow a few more centimetres could become a lightning quick tall forward (in the Rusling mould) or if not an Embley type utility who can cause a mismatch running through the middle. Would think that at this stage he is a project type player and for that reason slides down into the 2nd round for mine (possibly even lower). IMO will either be destined for the scrap heap or become an absolute star, no in between for me. Very dissapointing at the U18 champs and will probably continue to slide as he looks to be a player who fits the profile (height, athleticism) but doesn't really have footy smarts. Magpies need speed and Benjamin has it in spades. Also might give Gourdis as a key forward a look as well.

29. West Coast - Jarryd Morton
Style like: Patrick Bowden
My Ranking: 43

Versatile and athletic utility who is a solid unobtrusive talent. No real stand-out qualities but is a good overall and solid talent. He has got tidy kicking skills, has cleanish hands, good mark and is a nifty reader of the play. My biggest query on him is what position he will play in the AFL. Not quite quick enough or smart enough to play as a midfielder, and a bit like Paddy Bowden when it comes to playing key position posts. Most likely he will play as a third tall forward or defender. Brother of West Coast's Mitch so may hope for a family reunion, also probably best available, anyway who doesn't want a versatile and athletic 190cm+ player. Not as skilful as his brother but looks to have more versatility about him. Personally rate him as a third rounder pick, but think West Coast won't want to take that chance.

30. Melbourne - Robert Gray
Style like: Nick Davis
My Ranking: 23

Super smart top-aged smooth moving and elusive half-forward flanker who has very silky skills. A genuine footballer with a very sharp footballing brain and seems to always make the right decisions. Has kicked plenty of goals for Oakleigh and has the ability to become a big-stage player at AFL level. Extremely influential in Oakleigh's final campaign but only had a solid Grand Final game. Rate Gray highly and think that he could be the one who gets under the radar. Okay work rate for a half forward flanker but would like to seem him push up field even more and become a goalkicking midfielder. Have plenty of steel and hardness in Mclean, Jones, Sylvia and etc, Gray would add another creative dimension to the Demons side.

31. Fremantle - David Gourdis
Style like: Brad Miller
My Ranking: 31

Well built bottom-aged CHF who plays with Subiaco in the WAFL. A workhouse type key-forward with a good work ethic and will continually present during a game. Judges the flight of the ball well and takes a strong contested mark. Like Gumbleton will either mark the ball or bring it to ground for smaller team mates. Has alright foot speed but not very agile and is not as mobile as the other KPP's on offer. Needs to improve kicking and get a bit more agile and athletic, straight line running is fine but is a bit on train tracks, but is bottom-aged and has plenty of time. Local boy, Freo might like him and have him apprentice Tarrant and Pavlich and in a couple years take a key forward post for himself. Mourish could definitely be drafted here as well.

32. Adelaide - Jarrad Harbrow
Style like: Dane Swan
My Ranking: 28

Talented inside midfielder who is very under-rated IMO. Very similar in many regards to Dane Swan, pace is deceptively good (although some will call him slow), has composure in traffic and overall good traffic management and possesses a nifty uppish kick. Also likes to drift forward and is a very handy goal-kicking midfielder. A bit shortish for my liking, but there are no real standout flaws IMO, but saying that he is not really spectacular at any one thing as well. Solid character and build, should be ready for AFL year 1. The type of player who can really sneak under the radar and hurt the opposition. Doesn't get a whole heap of the ball however is very effective with the ball, so if he can kick up his possession tally can become very good. Extremely underrated and realistically I reckon he will go around the 40 to 50 mark, but IMO deserves to go higher. About best available. Crows can draft Harbrow and add further depth to an already dominant but ageing midfield.

33. Hawthorn - Brent Renouf
My Ranking: 44

Talented and athletic Queensland ruckman who looks like a good prospect, 3rd best ruckman on offer IMO. Already a legitimate ruckman size and has a good leap and is mobile. Natural ruckman who is good at adapting to the way opposition ruckman are playing. His kicking is not very consistent, and generally is quite poor. Also needs to work on his marking and work-rate around the ground. At the moment he is a good tap ruckmen, but needs some work on the around the ground aspects of his game. At the U18 champs there were no real standout ruckman IMHO and he also didn't look like imposing himself on a game. Hawthorn need a young talented ruckman, if they get leunberger with their first pick, these 2 could make a formidable rucking partnership.

34. Brisbane - David Armitage
My Ranking: 42

David Armitage is a very inconspicuous type midfielder from the Sunshine Coast. Impressive at the champs this year with excellent hardness at the contest, courage in the crushes and an overall excellent work-ethic. Tough customer who relishes the physical nature of Aussie Rules but when it comes to the more refine aspects of the game he is a bit lacking. Kicking is adequate at best IMHO and okay at ground level but nothing special. Very highly rated by some (saying he could go top ten) but not as good as one would expect from a first round pick IMO. In my book he is a low risk pick, but best chance of making AFL is as a Copeland or Shaun Hart type really close checking tagger, anything else might be beyond him. Yet another local boy Brisbane would look at. Drafting Proud, Urquhart and then Armitage will be a very good basis for the next generation. The fact that all are local are just a bonus.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 09:12:04 PM »
35. Carlton - Rhyce Prismall
My Ranking: 37

Outside midfielder or forward flanker with a very big scope for improvement. Currently he is an athlete who has a good profile but still not a natural footballer. Has played very well in cameo but has the tendency to drift in and out of games. Also haven't really seen a game where he has dominated, rather he will gather about 17 disposals and have a moment or 2 when he looks genuinely AFL. Kicking is good, but only on his preferred and is very much one-sided. Has some good attributes but will need to work hard to make a name for himself. Another midfielder type that Carlton would be interested in. They have Bentick and Murphy who can win the ball, and Prismall will appeal as a modern day running midfielder.

36. Essendon - Shane Edwards
My Ranking:  46

Extremely quick and athletic small winger/flanker. Has absolutely electric pace and loves to burn his way off half back flank and through the midfield. Has a very good long kick but can tend to be a bit wayward when he tries to kick without steadying himself. Also played quite well in some senior games in the SANFL and shown himself to be a talent. At this stage requires a bit of development and coaching, but he does possess the prized asset of speed, which in today's game every club is dying to get their hands on. Great project for Sheeds to work on as an athletic player with massive potential. N Brown could be an option if they don't draft MacKenzie.

37.  North Melbourne - Nathan Brown
Style like: Brian Harris
My Ranking: 30

Like his twin brother Mitch is one of the 2nd tier key position players on offer this year. Was impressive at the U18 championships and was named an U18 All Australian. Like his brother has good height for a key position player but not quite as built (at this stage). Also like his brother he has nice range of attributes. Very quick for a big man, his DC result of 2.91 seconds over 20m proves it. He is also a smart and adaptable defender and has an unquestionable competitive nature and hates being beaten. Works hard on his game and was a cornerstone of North Ballarat U18's brilliant home and away season. One of the most talented Victorians in the draft, however being a full back could definitely see him slide a bit. Kangaroos getting N Brown is a smart move in my book, and basically settles their spine, N Brown at FB, Petrie at CHB, Gumbleton at CHF and Thompson at FF.

38. Brisbane - Zac Millar
Style like: Ashley McGrath
My Ranking: 45

Millar is a dangerous and lively aboriginal small forward/midfielder who is lethal in front of goals. Reads the play very well and has brilliant kicking skills, routinely snaps amazing goals or setting up goals with good weighting in his kicks. Well-built already and is a natural player who doesn't need to be taught the game. Not uber-athletic but still is quite quick over the ground. He is a bit of a burst player at this stage and needs to get more involved in a game and work harder. If they draft Proud, Armitage and Urquhart they get three hard-at-it ball-winning midfielders. Then if they snap up Millar they will get a skilful and dangerous outside forward flanker or potential ball-carrier. If McGrath leaves this will become more likely, and Millar will assume his small forward role.

39. Port Adelaide - James Hawksley
Style like: Tadhg Kennelly
My Ranking: 35

Very pacy, "run, run and run" type tall half back flanker who possesses a very good long kick. Most likely he will play as a creative rebounding defender who plays loose, but could also become an athletic CHB if he grows a smidge. But regardless will take time to play AFL because he is very skinny and needs to bulk up a lot, ala Oakley-Nicholls. Has a heap of potential but severly underrated and for that reason could definitely slip through, personally rate him as a top 40 pick. Just about best available and with his pace and ball carrying can definitely see Port go for him, N Brown and Frawley are also tall defensive options.

40. Hawthorn - Josh Kennedy
Style like: Jordan Lewis
My Ranking: 32

Strong inside half back flanker/midfielder who has clean hands and doesn't fumble under pressure. Is strong at the man and the ball and doesn't lack aggression. Already physically developed and you could maybe put him in the same category as Hawkins as a man playing against boys. Must admit I like him a lot. Kennedy is a very strong overhead mark and has a really strong presence on the ground. Finds his fair share of the ball and uses it quite well. Not the most silky skilful player around but he hits his targets on most occasions. If he continues to grow he could really end up playing anywhere. Good value as a F/S pick but I'm a bit dubious as to why Hawthorn are drafting him as they already have Lewis, Mitchell, Hodge who are that type of player.

41. Geelong - Tom Hawkins
Style like: David Neitz
My Ranking: 15

Massive beast full-forward or part time ruckman. His game revolves around physicality, strong presence and powerful pack marks. Not very athletic but quick enough. Agree with Weaver, comparing Hawkins to Neitz more than Brown. Honestly I reckon he is a bit over rated by the media. Certainly a massive prospect and probably would have gone top 10 if he were in the open draft. But he is not a top 5 pick in my book. IMHO Hawkins was so dominant at the U18 champs because he was twice as big as anyone else (like Kurt Tippet) and it was basically like a man playing against boys. But regardless Geelong are winners already before draft day and most likely will slot straight into full-forward for them. He will need to either slim down to become a leading forward or build up even more and become a A Rocca type beast forward.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 09:13:04 PM »
42. Essendon - Dane Avery
Style like: Matthew Lappin
My Ranking: 33

Extremely classy but outsidish creative rebounding defender. Pays his opponents little to no respect and backs his judgement at all times to run off and create. Very classy skills and generally makes good decisions. Not a great lock-down defender but would be great as a loose man taking uncontested marks and setting up attacks from defence. Also has quite a light build so will need to spend some time in the gym to build up his strength. Essentially a more outside defender version of Robert Gray. Just about best available, but Essendon could also look at Houlihan and try and turn him from an athletic specimen to a solid footballer.

43. West Coast - Tim Houlihan
Style like: Travis Casserley
My Ranking: 51

Very skinny and raw midfield prospect who has shown some promising signs. A very good height (albeit has plenty of bulking up left to do) and once he fills out will be an excellent sized winger or flanker. Houlihan has excellent endurance and pace and looks like becoming a hard running ball carrier. He also has quite a good kick. Still quite raw with plenty about the game still to learn, but has a promising upside. Very impressive DC results in the beep test and 3km time trial. Think he is a perfect project for Sheeds and his development team. Has the physical tools to be a good AFL player, just needs to have a good mindset and be developed well. People may be cluey as why he isn't ranked in my top 50, and it is because he hasn't shown enough for me at this stage, but definitely like his potential. Subiaco suits Houlihan perfectly with its wide wings. Tim could certainly use his endurance and speed to run amok, and would add further depth to an already dominat midfield.

44. Collingwood - Matt Austin
My Ranking: 39

Classy and athletic midfielder who likes to push up forward and kick goals. IMO he was unlucky not to get selected into the Vic Country side for the champs, and during the champs he played extremely well at North Ballarat. Finds his share of the ball and likes to carry the ball. Austin is very skilful and is a classy user of the ball. Bottom-aged and eligible for another year in the TAC cup but will most likely get picked up this year. Modern day archetypal player with his good height and build, athleticism and array of attractive skills. Among Austin, Grigg, Riddle and Jo Anderson as potential players the Pies could snap up as all are fairly equal. For mine Austin has the biggest upside and is still bottom-aged.

45. Western Bulldogs - Shaun Grigg
My Ranking: 41

Another player in the same category as Harbrow and Geary as a solid and unobtrusive player with a very solid all-round game. Knows how to find the ball, generally makes good decisions, skilful by hand and foot and can take a strong mark. Quickish without being lightning and is generally a reliable and consistent player quarter by quarter, game by game. Mitch Brown as a marking forward could be a chance but think Grigg is better. Very solid character, tidy all round game, could slot him in right on to a half back flank or a wing. Doggies like that type of player and would definitely think they have interest.

46. Melbourne - Tom Holmes
Style like: Shane Crawford
My Ranking: 57

Tom Holmes is a classy and skilful small midfielder/forward. Has all the tools to become a very good player, just needs to grow to 180cm plus. He finds plenty of the footy and uses it very well. He has excellent pace and endurance and possesses a very good work-rate. Holmes has been very impressive since the U16 championships last year. A bit unexposed but definitely think he has plenty of potential and could become a very classy midfield runner. Plenty of hard inside types who are also slowish, Holmes will inject further class and running ability into the Dees midfield.

47. Essendon - Josh Riddle
Style like: Leo Barry
My Ranking: 52

Riddle is a strongly built key position player from the Northern Knights who might be a bit caught out for height in the AFL. Composed under pressure, skilful, strong contested mark and has some class. Will likely play as a defender (in a Joel Bowden kind of role) but looks to have the potential to move into the midfield with his clean hands and composure under pressure. Knows how to play CHB and could do that at AFL if he grows a bit. Far from slow, but if he could squeeze the maximum athleticism out of himself it would be a benefit. Highly under-rated IMHO and has the potential to be a very good AFL player. Just about best available. And with his versatility and potential Essendon will snap him up and look to develop him in a spot in which they need.

48. Adelaide- Mitch Brown
My Ranking: 38

Among the 2nd/3rd tier talls on offer in this year's draft, Brown is a tall and versatile key position player who looks most comfortable at FF. Already a legitimate key position height and quite physically built and has a broad range of attributes. Brown makes strong leads, takes a strong mark and has a sound goal-kicking technique. Liked him a lot at the U18 champs. Showed a good work-rate, presented well and kicked plenty of goals. Honestly, I believe that he should have been named an U18 All Australian because he had a very impressive championship. Not super quick but quick enough for it not to be a major problem. Adelaide are in trouble up forward in terms of marking forwards so M Brown could help solve their problems and put pressure on McGregor and Perrie to perform more consistently. Could also look at the local boy Tom Hurley.

49. Hawthorn - Tom Hurley
Style like: Angus Monfries
My Ranking: 53

Small but prolific inside midfield ball magnet reminiscent of Angus Monfries. Had a super impressive U18 championship this year where he showed his ability to find the ball at will. But despite being such a ball magnet his posessions don't hurt enough for my money. Not overly quick enough to break into space and his kicking lacks penetration and is scratchy. And for this reason will most likely be taken later in the draft. Doesn't fit the modern-day midfield prototype but is still surely worth a punt. May even look at N Krakouer for his speed, but Hurley is more of a solid talent and looks like the type of inside midfielder that the Hawks love.

50. West Coast - Jarryn Geary
My Ranking: 49

Clever midfielder or half forward flanker who is a very good reader of the play. Roves well at the stoppages and marking contests and is a very good user of the ball. A competitive customer who is pacy has clean hands, good kick and efficient handballer. Has pretty good goal sense and can be cheeky around goals, capable of sneaking some very classy goals. Very underrated and has a very very solid all round game. Another player who can bring some further depth into an already dominatn WC midfield.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 09:14:00 PM »
51. Carlton - Nathan Krakouer
Style like: Leon Davis
My Ranking: 54

Nathan is an extremely skinny and slender forward/midfielder who has been carving it up for Claremont in the WAFL colts. Despite being so slender he chases and tackles strongly. Nathan Krakouer has clean hands, finds his fair share of the ball and has brilliant skills. This season for Claremont colts has regularly kicked multiple goals and featured among the bests. Has excellent foot speed, has class, flair and the tricks to turn a match on its head. At the U18 champs his skinniness and lack of body strength really showed up and was brushed aside in contests way to easily. When in space he showed that he defintely has talent but boy does he need to work on his strength. Great DC results, but because of his size I think there is a definite chance he will slip through to the PSD or even rookie draft ala Betts and Pearce. Would bring further crumbing power and make the Carlton forward line look like one of the most potent in the near future.

52. Fremantle - Daniel Hayes
Style like: Jordan McMahon
My Ranking: 50

Hayes is a super quick aboriginal midfielder/forward who is a classy user of the ball. When he is within range of goals is a very good finisher. Excellent work-rate and not only attacks and carry the ball, but has the willingness to run, chase and tackle. Plays a bit like Clayton Collard but not yet that quality yet. Will probably (like Collard) develop into a ball-carrying winger who will push forward and kick goals. Quite light and may need a few years to build his body up to the standard required to play AFL footy. Missed the U18 champs and think it was because of some issue that led to him leaving Eastern Ranges for a while. Missing the championships won't see him not being drafted, but probably push him down the pecking order though. Just about best available, could also look at Krakouer as a local boy.

53.  North Melbourne - Tim McIntyre
Style like: James McDonald
My Ranking: 56

Talented and pacy midfielder with a good set of skills, good vision and generally makes good decisions. Knows how to find the footy and is a very good user of the ball. In time I think he can become a James McDonald type really reliable and hard-working player who can sneak under the radar of opposition teams. Also a smart and good back-pocket player and if he can't cut it as a midfielder could make it as a small defender. Kangaroos' will just keeping chucking young promising players (ie McIntyre) into their midfield and some of them a bound to come off and be at least solid.

54. Brisbane - Joseph Anderson
My Ranking: 55

NT boy who fits the bill of the modern-day player. Joseph Anderson is a very good size (188cm and 81kg) and is skilful and very quick. Was looking forward to watching him at the U18 champs but after an excellent first game the rest of the week was interrupted with injury. He exhibits some very good leadership qualities and plays with the exciting flair that most Aboriginal players have. Another player who fits the modern day archetypal player in his physical profile, athleticism and skills. Underrated. NT boy so probably would have most exposure to Brisbane. Fits the bill of what recruiters are looking for today and most likely best available.

55. Port Adealaide - James Turner
My Ranking: 58

Tall and versatile half-forward flanker who plays a similar game to that of Ryan O'Keefe and Corey Jones. Can take a good mark and play as a tallish marking target up forward and can work up field to set up play. Suprisinly clean below his knees and could even become a tall midfielder. Turner is a good kick for goal and has very solid skills in general play. Has an uncanny knack of finding the ball and looks to become a really solid and consistent player in the future. A bit lacking defensively but shouldn't be a problem. About best available, Port could really go in any direction at this pick really. 

56. Hawthorn - Chris Varsamakis
Style like: Campbell Brown
My Ranking: 60

Tough as nails midfielder or forward flanker who finds plenty of the ball and uses it reasonably well. A genuine goer who lets the opposition know that he is out on the field and that he has come to play. Does not lack aggresion with his attack on the ball and man and can lay a fierce tackle. Not too dissimilar to Campbell Brown but not quite as talented or athletic. Essentially he is a player with genuine presence and will keep working regardless of the state of affairs on the field. Hawks like the solidly built hard players and can definetly see them take Varsmakis, personally I wouldn't because they have too many of those old-fashioned slowish enforcer types.  Kurt Tippett is another they will look at most likely.

57. Geelong - Kurt Tippett
Syle like: Brendon Lade
My Ranking: 59

Caused a sensation at the U18 champs this year with strong marking and overall strong physical presence. But despite some very impressive attributes he is still very much a project player, and is very very top-aged (suprising he was given exemption into the U18 champs this year). Kurt is a recent basketball convert, and has a very strong frame (like Hawkins), excellent overhead, surprisinly mobile, thumping kick and has a huge scope for improvement. Despite some impressive attributes he is extremely raw so will need a lot of work. I reckon after taking speed and run with their first 2 picks, I see them chucking a pick at another prospective tall. Imagine Tippett and Hawkins both in Geelong's forward line, you'd be scared out your wits at the prospect of standing two 197cm+ and 95kg+ forwards.

58. Richmond - Will Schofield
Style like: Will Thursfield
My Ranking: 47

Athletic full-back from Geelong Falcons who is very similar to our Thirsty. Tried to combine school footy with TAC cup and as a result has little exposed form. His physical attributes are also very similar. Very athletic and mobile, and looks to be a natural defender. Great closing speed, competitive and a knack of getting a fist in to spoil. Also quite a versatile player and has also shown an ability to play further up the ground on a wing or up forward. Drafting Schofield, will mean than we have full back and CHB sown up. This will also free up Thursfield to play that utility defender role, lining up on talls and smalls.

59. St Kilda - James Frawley
Style like: Craig Bolton
My Ranking: 48

Nephew of our good ol' former coach Danny 'Spud' Frawley. A country boy and did some impressive things at the U18 champs this year. Certainly does fit the bill of the modern-day rebounding CHB. One of the best lock-down defenders available this year and is quite athletic. Frawley is very mobile, athletic and can take a strong mark and really could be developed any where along the spine. But needs to improve his poor kicking action though, which currently is holding him back. Otherwise, he has a very promising upside, and could possibly become a very solid key defender. Saints key defensive stocks need some reconstructing, Frawley would definitely help. However St Kilda could really go for anything.

60. Richmond - Ryan Anderson
Style like: Danyle Pearce
My Ranking: 40

Anderson is a small and skilful midfielder/forward with blistering foot speed. Been impressive playing for Northern Knights for the past 2 years but has been even more impressive playing for Marcellin College in the AGS competition. Didn't play much TAC footy due to school commitments but played the last 4-5 games and was easily in the best each time. Terrific athleticism - great leap, good endurance and blinding pace over sprint distances. Has a good work ethic and keeps working to find the ball. Has genuine influence on games, Northern without him were wayward, but with Anderson, they got drive and purpose and played impressively as a team. Pretty short at the moment, and if he can grow to 180cm is a good prospect. Extremely underrated IMHO, many people would say that he is a late pick at best, but he showed at the U18 champs that he can become a really good player. Not only did he carry the ball but also used his pace to run, chase and tackle. However due to his size is a strong chance to slip. A bit smallish but the game is developing in such a way that Ando is suited. Would like him at Punt Road at pick 60 as he would add another super quick runner.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 09:16:29 PM »
Others in the mix:

Mark Austin

Extremely athletic key defensive (CHB) prospect who is touted on impressive U16 form. Okay form this year but nothing really that has set the world on fire. Smart defender and has a strong but wiry frame. Performed very well at draft camp and will push his name up a fair bit. Good solid all round game and has a bit of versatility, being able to switch on to the wing or to play as a tall forward.

Alex Lee

Lee is an athletic tall-forward who moves pretty well and works hard in games. Good work-rate and continues to lead and present in games. Uses his body well in marking contests and can take a strong contested mark. Quite disappointing he only got a few games for Dandenong (during the U18 champs) and probably will hurt his chances of getting drafted. Has some things to work on (eg goal-kicking) but has a good basis on which to build on. I like him a lot, but honestly I reckon he will slip through to the rookie draft. Lee would add another promising tall forward to their current group and put the acid on Lynch and Hansen to perform at their best. 

Calib Mourish
Style like: Supposedly like Adam Goodes

From reports he sounds like an absolute gun, can run like the wind, good leap, strong mark, extremely agile and mobile and very good skills in general. And also from reports he should be right up there in the draft. But I haven't seen him play so I don't want to jump to conclusions and try and place him somewhere. If I did put him somewhere in my mock draft it would be absolute bullsh!t and based purely on heresay and not my own opinion. Will almost definitely get drafted as Essendon, Richmond and Freo all have a keen interest, but regardless will see where he goes in the draft with much anticipation. Some have rated him as high as a top 10 pick, however considering the risk versus potential I reckon he will go anywhere from pick 25 to 35.

Robbie Tarrant
Style like: His brother Chris Tarrant

Like his brother he is a very athletic tall forward but is untested at U18 level. Possesses a strong mark and is a much better kick for goal than his wayward brother. Despite having a famous surname and a good footballing body he is very much a speculative type ala Nathan Ablett. Also has a fair few injury concerns, basically only played a couple of pre-season praccy matches. Like Mourish have not seen him play so don't want to rank him in my mock draft. However more than likely will get taken from 3rd round onwards.

Matthew Tyler

Top-aged key-position player who looks most comfortable as a key defender. Reads the play pretty well and goes alright in the contests. Very much a modern day type of key defender and is athletic and likes to carry the ball, albiet has a poor kicking action that needs to be worked on. Already a legitimate KPP size and has the frame that looks like it will fill out alright. Could have been drafted last year, but wasn't so there might be some questions marks about him that I don't know. Most likely a late draft pick and maybe even into the rookie draft.

Daniel Dzufer

Top-aged tall half-back flanker very reminiscient of Joel Bowden. Is a very nice size and could very well play AFL in his first year. Had some really big wraps on him last year and this, but for mine was a bit dissapointing. Reads the play well, works hard, generally makes good decisions, is a suprisingly smooth mover and is a really solid player. But at the championships he was very dissapointing. Was a bit scrappy, was hit and miss with his disposal and looked lost occasionally. Also lacks a bit of versatility which in today's game might make him slip to the end of the draft. Another late draft pick or potential rookie list player.

Bulluss

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 09:20:48 PM »
Fantastic effort there Bluey  :clapping  :bow

You have certainly put some work into that post. Its a real credit to you.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 10:01:48 PM »
Fantastic effort there Bluey  :clapping  :bow

You have certainly put some work into that post. Its a real credit to you.

Thanks Bully!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 11:44:18 PM »
Awesome effort Bluey  :bow  :clapping. A great read and one of the best and most thorough mock drafts I've seen. Enjoyed you're own ranking in comparison with the picks too. Top stuff  :cheers.

I would be rapted to get Connors at 26. Any concern on your part Bluey with Collard's height (177cm)?

I also hope Thorp goes before 8 otherwise we'll be spewing that we could have got him before swapping first round picks :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 01:12:38 AM »
bluey 21  wonderful report unbiased and in depth was a good read
thanks for the time you spent posting it :bow
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline Mopsy