Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306643 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Shane Edwards re-signs with Tigers for two more years [update]
« Reply #1260 on: June 02, 2014, 12:15:02 AM »
Love how we defend our players these days.. "well we have others who are even pooer"

Set the bar high we do at RFC.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

the claw

« Reply #1261 on: June 02, 2014, 12:54:45 AM »
how many yrs have you backed this hack in for now.

Plenty & I'll back him for the next two and beyond that as well. 8)

He was excellent yesterday. It's you who needs to remove the blinkers.
thats just it you will back him in for the next two yrs no matter what he offers up. did i say blinkered i was being kind.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1262 on: June 02, 2014, 06:21:35 AM »
IMO and in all honesty, anyone that see's S.Edwards as part of the RFC future or as a GF player is completely delusional...this is only MO though.

I would much rather put Banfield in the team (elevate him) and give him a crack. A 1 goal return from a crumbing forward is not acceptable and other than goals in junk time he has done nothing, he has done nothing for 8 stuffing years, nothing!!!!

He rates with the pathetic recruitment of Fiora, Pattison, Polo (much better), Myres, JON, Tambling, Roberts and the like.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1263 on: June 02, 2014, 07:15:24 AM »
IMO and in all honesty, anyone that see's S.Edwards as part of the RFC future or as a GF player is completely delusional...this is only MO though.

I would much rather put Banfield in the team (elevate him) and give him a crack. A 1 goal return from a crumbing forward is not acceptable and other than goals in junk time he has done nothing, he has done nothing for 8 stuffing years, nothing!!!!

He rates with the pathetic recruitment of Fiora, Pattison, Polo (much better), Myres, JON, Tambling, Roberts and the like.
Relton was just too fat. He could actually play.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1264 on: June 02, 2014, 08:09:25 AM »
Apart from that kick out on the full I thou the had a pretty good game with his two goals , worst player to wear a RFC jumper  :lol...get a clue
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1265 on: June 02, 2014, 10:13:32 AM »

thats just it you will back him in for the next two yrs no matter what he offers up. did i say blinkered i was being kind.

Watch the work Edwards does off the ball at a game sometime from your flat in Perth or wherever you live in WA..
Oh yes that's right you only watch us on the TV blinkers boy. ::)
Football is not just about what you do when you have the ball.
Edwards is one of our hardest workers defensively. Yes he has flaws (who in our side doesn't) but is clearly in our best 22 and will be for some time yet whilst there are plenty worse.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1266 on: June 02, 2014, 10:27:28 AM »

Watch the work Edwards does off the ball at a game sometime from your flat in Perth or wherever you live in WA..
Edwards is one of our hardest workers defensively. Yes he has flaws (who in our side doesn't) but is clearly in our best 22 and will be for some time yet whilst there are plenty worse.

MM, with all due respect, you have been blindsided by Edwards for too long mate, he is just a list clogger..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1267 on: June 02, 2014, 10:35:23 AM »

MM, with all due respect, you have been blindsided by Edwards for too long mate, he is just a list clogger..

WAT: Not disputing that edwards has been terrible this year compared to last year. But having said that there are others ahead of him that should be flicked before he goes and that is the problem with our list in a nutshell
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1268 on: June 02, 2014, 10:44:23 AM »

With due respect how many games do you too watch live a year? Edwards will be there for a while yet mate.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1269 on: June 02, 2014, 11:47:45 AM »

With due respect how many games do you too watch live a year? Edwards will be there for a while yet mate.
I don't have a problem with Edwards per se. What I do have a problem with is how guys like him can have 4 bad games in a row and still get picked. While guys like Griff who needs development and confidence are often dropped after one bad one.

Rules for some and rules for others is one of the big problems I see Dimma facing currently.  The response from the playing group is there for all to see.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1270 on: June 02, 2014, 11:52:25 AM »

I demand that clean knees Hughes be puts on that list

the claw

« Reply #1271 on: June 02, 2014, 11:53:15 AM »

questioning how many games a person has seen is that all yopu have.

ive seen edwards heaps of times live and every time i see him its the same old same old.

simply put hes been a bum.

if hes not in the worst 6 or 8 at the club fine trade him he may have some value. one thing for sure the only possible thing that has kept him on our list is tthere have been worse players than him every yr.
the hack has rarely been up to standard over any sort of sustained period and he continues to make the exact same mistakes over and over. and over.its comical. this bloke has shown time and time again that what we see is what we get hes at his ceiling and it aint good enough.

how poor are we we refuse to cut poorly performed players after 8 yrs because theres supposedly worse players to cut.you cant see theres something wrong in that process. players like edwards are a disease and while we play the likes of him instead of trying to find better we will remain a basket case.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1272 on: June 02, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »
I've attended most of Richmond's Melbourne games and the odd interstate match throughout Shankwards career and he has been close to poo in the vast majority of them. Whether he's in possession, off the ball, in the middle, up forward, defending, attacking you name it.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1273 on: June 02, 2014, 01:24:59 PM »

WAT: Not disputing that edwards has been terrible this year compared to last year. But having said that there are others ahead of him that should be flicked before he goes and that is the problem with our list in a nutshell

here we go with that "other players worse mantra" again

please
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1274 on: June 02, 2014, 01:30:40 PM »
here we go with that "other players worse mantra" again

please

Here we go again, you reading and acknowledging what you want  ;D

So I put it back to you

Who would you flick out of these 5 and you can only flick 1 of the 5

Hampson, Chaplin, Grigg, Edwards S, Houli?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)