Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306073 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2011, 07:41:17 PM »
The sooner we move McGuane there the better....

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2011, 08:03:09 PM »
I agree with the option of moving him to a hff even the pocket, his evasive and creative skills will be best served there. He could yet be refined as a Stephen Milne type and imo has more tricks in his kit than Milne. Yes he has blown a couple of opportunities to kick a bag, but I think the danger lies in what he can create for the runners streaming into the fwd line.
On the other hand, I also think he actually needs to get a little bit more hungry/selfish around goals, and get himself a bag of 5 or 6, it will do wonders for him.

To all of the Edwards haters out there, I have got bad news for you. Edwards needs to get better for Richmond to get better. You need to start barracking for him, I know it can be hard, I'm a fan of him but yeah he totally peed me off this year with his shanked kicks. But I also think that rfc are playing him in the wrong role if they are asking him to kick into the corridor from a hbf, that job should be left to the best kick in the side if possible.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2011, 08:13:10 PM »

To all of the Edwards haters out there, I have got bad news for you. Edwards needs to get better for Richmond to get better. You need to start barracking for him, I know it can be hard...

Sorry DCrane, but I choose the 'bag the crap out of him for 12 months then hope we trade his boney a r s e' option.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2011, 08:14:13 PM »
think the danger lies in what he can create for the runners streaming into the fwd line.

Valid point. That's the frustrating thing about Titch. He is gifted in many respects, hut his foot skills are just shizen. This is his last chance to step up, i reckon.

tony_montana

« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2011, 08:14:45 PM »
His erratic field kicking is only surpassed by hus shedhouse goal kicking.  You can't be serious about putting him in the forward, ffs may as well bring back Thursty to play in the forward line.

wtf haver we got to lose? hes a liability in the backline and midfield with his momentum killing turnovers, at least in the fwd line his misses result in behinds instead of opposition goals and he will keep a defender honest

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »
hahahaha cant believe this spud still gets air time.

LMFAO.

5 years of rubbish
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2011, 09:44:36 PM »
hahahaha cant believe this spud still gets air time.

LMFAO.

5 years of rubbish

Dead right, waste of space, waste of a thread too....
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #172 on: October 26, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »
His erratic field kicking is only surpassed by hus shedhouse goal kicking.  You can't be serious about putting him in the forward, ffs may as well bring back Thursty to play in the forward line.

wtf haver we got to lose? hes a liability in the backline and midfield with his momentum killing turnovers, at least in the fwd line his misses result in behinds instead of opposition goals and he will keep a defender honest
Yep better to turn over possession kicking a point and then being good enough defensively as a team applying the press to keep the ball in our forward half to regain possession than to have midfielders who kick grubbers straight to the opposition in the middle of the ground with our backline wide open and exposed gifting easy opposition goals. We won't improve until we find 2nd tier mids better than Edwards who have size to win their own ball and dispose of it effectively rather than constantly miss gettable targets and turn the ball over. Furthermore I remember Edwards in his first year kicking 3 goals in a quarter against the Bombers playing across HF and pushing back inside 50 so he once wasn't such an ordinary kick for goal.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: October 26, 2011, 01:28:16 PM »

Yep better to turn over possession kicking a point and then being good enough defensively as a team applying the press to keep the ball in our forward half to regain possession than to have midfielders who kick grubbers straight to the opposition in the middle of the ground with our backline wide open and exposed gifting easy opposition goals. We won't improve until we find 2nd tier mids better than Edwards who have size to win their own ball and dispose of it effectively rather than constantly miss gettable targets and turn the ball over. Furthermore I remember Edwards in his first year kicking 3 goals in a quarter against the Bombers playing across HF and pushing back inside 50 so he once wasn't such an ordinary kick for goal.

Reckon Titch has always had a flawed kicking action, MT.  Three goals in a quarter must just prove that every dog has his day.  When he is under any pressure, perceived or real, at the moment of his ball drop, he pulls his right shoulder back and his head comes up and the kick can go anywhere.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2011, 03:58:16 PM »

Reckon Titch has always had a flawed kicking action, MT.  Three goals in a quarter must just prove that every dog has his day.  When he is under any pressure, perceived or real, at the moment of his ball drop, he pulls his right shoulder back and his head comes up and the kick can go anywhere.
That's true Muscles. I'm not denying that. I guess all I'm saying is if Edwards is going to played in the side next year (which he will) then the area of the ground where his errors by foot won't be so costly is up forward. Similar to Kingy. They are flawed footballers in terms of skills but until we find/draft better players to replace them then they will continue to get games.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
I agree with MT.  The place on the ground where Titch would cause us the fewest heartaches is in the forward pocket.  As you say, anywhere else, he's a momentum killer.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2011, 05:37:43 PM »
Half forward flank I'd say.  Has the tank to run up onto the wing, and has the hands to play in the guts occasionally.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2011, 06:16:56 PM »
put him in the middle and tell him only to get contested ball and handball.

His ability to sidestep and create space in heavy traffic is second to none and he has very quick hands.

his ability to shank his kicks is also second to none.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: October 26, 2011, 08:58:41 PM »

His ability to sidestep and create space in heavy traffic is second to none and he has very quick hands.

This makes the most sense as he will use hands more but tbh if we want to play him where it causes the least damage then put him in the 2's
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #179 on: October 26, 2011, 09:46:36 PM »

Oh al please I like you mate and I hate arguing with you but....

Really, side step..second to none...please he side steps right into tackles mate. Create space....what so he can turn it over...quick hands...maybe in the change rooms after the game....

agree with your last comment though.. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"