Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306233 times)

dwaino

Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #465 on: August 12, 2012, 06:13:01 PM »
4.4 against the Bulldog juggernaut, give him 5 years Tiges  :clapping

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #466 on: August 12, 2012, 06:38:30 PM »
4.4 against the Bulldog juggernaut, give him 5 years Tiges  :clapping

Yes Big Man  :clapping

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #467 on: August 12, 2012, 07:15:43 PM »
Yep looks like the dark clouds will have to find another target

TigerTimeII

« Reply #468 on: August 12, 2012, 07:19:22 PM »
who cares who the opposition was facts are edwards was a gun today

he is a damn good player and our best small fwd, we need to pee nahas off

edwards is the best small fwd in the comp at the minute

the claw

« Reply #469 on: August 12, 2012, 07:35:16 PM »
had another v/good game today. atm is easily the best small forward we have.  i make that about 10 of the last 11 games where hes been at the least servicable thru to very good playing as a small forward.
jeez white king and nahas in the first half were invisible. king unlike the other two at least made a decent conttribution with a decent second half.
for the life of me i cant see how we continue to play any of the three.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #470 on: August 12, 2012, 07:39:10 PM »
king had 20 possies. for a small forward that's hardly invisible.
let himself down again with the missed goals, but again, wasn't Robinson Caruso
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #471 on: August 12, 2012, 07:53:12 PM »
he was shocking in the first half  and was invisible. as i said to his credit he at least turned it around in the second  half and played significant time in the midfield.  most weeks he doesnt he remains invisible apart from the brain fades. this week he got free because we could play in the midfield but against most sides hes shown himself to be a liability when played in there.
hes a vfl player who had for him a great second half.

king along with nahas and white we must change what we are doing if we wish to be a decent finals side.

for me atm edwards is  atm the only small forward we need play and with his record i have reservations about him.  id like to see long term a really clever medium sized player who can mark and we continue to rotate one of martin cotchin deledio or caddy if we go after him thru there along with edwards.. we need to play two kpfs and a ruck forward like vickery to complete the forward line. on top of that we need depth for when injury hits.

yep we have plenty of invisible men each week but they usually bob up and do something to make themselves noticed and people forgive them.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #472 on: August 12, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »
had another v/good game today. atm is easily the best small forward we have.  i make that about 10 of the last 11 games where hes been at the least servicable thru to very good playing as a small forward.

Nice to see you giving him some credit.

He is improving. Should have had 6 today with a bit of luck/polish.
Created havoc for the Dogs.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #473 on: August 12, 2012, 08:13:16 PM »
Got to admit was our best small forward today. :thumbsup

But it must also be admitted that he gave his standard 2 hospital handballs and missed a few sitters.

Yes he did have a good game. :thumbsup

However look at the quality of opposition. I'd like him to have a game like that next week.

Who wouldn't. ;D

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #474 on: August 12, 2012, 08:14:26 PM »
The Claw is just too brief in his posts, embellish your point craw
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

the claw

« Reply #475 on: August 12, 2012, 08:19:26 PM »

Nice to see you giving him some credit.

He is improving. Should have had 6 today with a bit of luck/polish.
Created havoc for the Dogs.
believe it if you like but i always give credit when i think its due.
ive seen this before with edwards a period of decent performances for 8 10 games  only for him to slip backwards to a below standard level and stay down for a long time.. as long as in the main ( i say in the main because all players have short down periods) he can as a sml forward maintain close to the current level  im happy to see him get a game as a small forward.. consistency is the key and edwards has been nothing like consistent its now up to him for a long period sustain a decent standard.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #476 on: August 12, 2012, 08:23:38 PM »
he was shocking in the first half  and was invisible. as i said to his credit he at least turned it around in the second  half and played significant time in the midfield.  most weeks he doesnt he remains invisible apart from the brain fades. this week he got free because we could play in the midfield but against most sides hes shown himself to be a liability when played in there.

king along with nahas and white we must change what we are doing if we wish to be a decent finals side.

for me atm edwards is  atm the only small forward we need play and with his record i have reservations about him.  id like to see long term a really clever medium sized player who can mark and we continue to rotate one of martin cotchin deledio or caddy if we go after him thru there along with edwards.. we need to play two kpfs and a ruck forward like vickery to complete the forward line. on top of that we need depth for when injury hits.

yep we have plenty of invisible men each week but they usually bob up and do something to make themselves noticed and people forgive them.

Pretty sure King set up our very first goal?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #477 on: August 12, 2012, 08:28:11 PM »
i put my hand up and say wow i didnt see that coming from 

Sensational.

Leadership group 2013 will consist of Titch, Jackson, White and Newman

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #478 on: August 12, 2012, 08:34:02 PM »

couldve told you this would happen in Rd 1 Claw.

usual suspects bop up against rubbish string a few games and some start getting excited again and forget about the big picture.

Edwards has no upside. he has either good like today and for about 30% of season games or very poor like the other 70%

When are we going to get serious and cut spuds like White and Jackson

I, like you cant see how we can genuinely challenge with all of White, Nahas, King, Edwards and Jackson all in the same team

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #479 on: August 12, 2012, 09:13:47 PM »
He's our best small forward at the moment and King stepped up when the game needed to be won in the third. Robie had a bad one today but has kicked a few in previous games.

The marks he took in the forward line showed his courage and I for one are please that he is playing as a forward where he is best suited.