Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306628 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #600 on: September 11, 2012, 03:19:55 PM »
Top 4 or FAIL  :banghead

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #601 on: September 11, 2012, 03:23:17 PM »
And you do the reverse WAT everytime he has a passable game

Pot kettle black?  :shh

:lol :lol The reverse WAT seems to come out allot thses days ;D

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #602 on: September 11, 2012, 03:33:14 PM »
The reverse WAT has been outlawed in most developed countries. Too many spinal injuries.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #603 on: September 11, 2012, 03:38:18 PM »
even the regular WAT was banned in tassie up until 1997
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #604 on: September 11, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
thats a pretty good summation of his weaknesses and strengths.  did enough to to keep his spot nothing more at this stage.

Certainly did enough to keep his spot which is a far cry from what some here expected at the beginning of the year. :shh

Incorrect..again...a lot expected more of him, more consistency, as per my previous points...

Yes he was better but the inconsistency a stupid errors are still there....now.... :shh

An 8th place finish in the B&F shows his value to the club but keep talking him down if it makes you feel justified.
im shocked he finished 8th. thought his first third of the yr ordinary.
is 8th just a reflection of the depth of the list or a reflection of a very good consistent yr.
personally i have never ever rated or included b&f finishes when debating players.

the problem people have with him is consistency and parts of his skill set. these things have not changed apart from having a decent back half to the yr.
lets be honest here shane has strung good games together before only to regress back to what seems is his level.
 people really are entitled to ask will he maintain the decent afl level he was at for the last 12 odd games.they are entitled wait and see if he can at last find consistency before proclaiming him a good player.

one thing i am adamant on as a team structurally we can not play all of edwards king and nahas.  imo there is a plce for just one.
 all three lack big time in similar areas. of the three i think edwards the pick of them atm but that has changed regularly over the yrs as the form of these blokes fluctuates like a woman changing her mind in the shops.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #605 on: September 11, 2012, 10:16:11 PM »
And you do the reverse WAT everytime he has a passable game

Pot kettle black?  :shh

:lol :lol The reverse WAT seems to come out allot thses days ;D

Is that what they call a twit?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #606 on: September 12, 2012, 09:22:13 AM »
thats a pretty good summation of his weaknesses and strengths.  did enough to to keep his spot nothing more at this stage.

Certainly did enough to keep his spot which is a far cry from what some here expected at the beginning of the year. :shh

Incorrect..again...a lot expected more of him, more consistency, as per my previous points...

Yes he was better but the inconsistency a stupid errors are still there....now.... :shh

An 8th place finish in the B&F shows his value to the club but keep talking him down if it makes you feel justified.
im shocked he finished 8th. thought his first third of the yr ordinary.
is 8th just a reflection of the depth of the list or a reflection of a very good consistent yr.
personally i have never ever rated or included b&f finishes when debating players.

You're right the B&F finish isn't all that relevant by itself but 29 goals and the highest number of scoring assists on our list shows his value to the team.
He is a one of our most creative players without doubt.
Sometimes when he's trying to make things happen the ball gets turned over which I guess deserves some criticism re his consistency but I like that he's taking risks with the ball. Sometimes it's going to pay off, sometimes it doesn't.
Whatever his B&F finish indicates, one thing is for sure and that's that he's now an established player in our side. If someone better comes along and pushes him out great but for now he'd be comfortably picked in our best 22 and does not deserve the 'pathetic' tags some here have placed on him.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #607 on: September 12, 2012, 09:29:49 AM »
Had the 8th best year for Richmond. Wheres the criticism of the players below him and their inconsistency

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #608 on: September 12, 2012, 09:37:31 AM »
Had the 8th best year for Richmond. Wheres the criticism of the players below him and their inconsistency

Im not too sure how to cut and paste the list on who actually finished lower than Edwards but taking out the injured Grimes, Foley, Vickery, Griffiths, Batch, plus players who are either young or played mostly in reserves i believe players like Nahas, Hackson are among that lot and they to cop their deserved criticism.

I don't think anyone is disputing what Edwards did in the back half was great work, people are disputing whether he can back it up more consistently. After 7 yrs in the system thats what u would expect.

The coaching seem to think he is doing something good but hey they also think Hackson is doing something great too. They are not always right. Time will tell
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #609 on: September 12, 2012, 09:49:06 AM »
edwards is a damn good player but u morons who live behind computers have nfi

well done titch keep sticking it right up them

Edited: no need to resort to abusing any poster simply because they don't agree with you, make your point without the cheap snipe
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:03:00 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #610 on: September 12, 2012, 10:11:50 AM »
no need to get abusive pal, just telling it how it is IMO

IIRC it was u who said Browne will be a gun, Tambling is better than Lids and Foley is rubbish, Post is better than Rance. Have i missed anything?

Actually I don't think if we have seen the best of Tambling, but I'm unsure if we ever will, sadly.

tambling will overtake deledio in the next 2-3 yrs wait and see

some of u guys have no idea, Tambling had his best yr last yr and this yr is playing a different role, he has put his body in and been very courageous and shown real hunger and desire for the pill. he will be a gun and is doing ok, he just need better hep orund him

or my personal favourite

I still believe that Blingers has been a victim of poor development!
Had the same oppotunity to develop as Lids....

wrong

deledio was protected by wallace  was hand gifted 1 nearly 2 b and f's, one was definitely richos!!!!!!
deledios best yr by a mile was this yr, tambling has been plagued by injuries  and was coached poohouse bywallace

look at jackson, under wallace he was going no where, under hardwick he is vital

king another and even jack has blossomed under dimma

once tambling is over his unjuries he will thrive playing in a team that has a coach!!!
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

gerkin greg

« Reply #611 on: September 12, 2012, 10:30:33 AM »
OMG

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #612 on: September 12, 2012, 10:35:25 AM »

edwards is a damn good player but u morons who live behind computers have nfi

well done titch keep sticking it right up them

Agreed Username:. Had a great season and kicked some very important goals on a number of occasions. His ability to rip one through the posts from a heavily congested forward line is uncanny and his evasiveness and agility is of an elite level IMO.  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:03:20 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #613 on: September 12, 2012, 01:36:06 PM »

Ox

« Reply #614 on: September 12, 2012, 01:49:08 PM »
Edwards takes 14 games to find form.
The mystery is how he holds his spot until he does