Author Topic: Daniel Connors [merged]  (Read 50774 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Pick 58: Daniel Connors
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2006, 04:54:30 PM »
If he could step into the big time and do stuff like that.....

We have never really had a player who could really make a team pay if they make a mistake, plenty of teams have done it to us though.

Quick rebounding player who isn't scared to take them on, turns defence into attack within seconds. I'm salivating.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Pick 58: Daniel Connors
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2006, 05:29:40 PM »
Going by the vision his "slow" draft camp results were just an aberration. Connors also seems to have a footy brain which is something desperately needed at Punt Rd  :pray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Daniel Connors [merged]
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2007, 05:53:21 PM »
What do people think his chances are of getting game time this year.

I would seriously like him to be blooded and play a full season, but realistically hoping he gets around about 10 games.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Connors
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2007, 06:22:36 PM »
Hard to tell. Connors isn't listed as injured but he hasn't trained for a week either  ???. In any case he would need to show improvement with his disposal playing for Coburg before getting a call up. Physically he is right to get a AFL game at 184cm and 80kg.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2007, 07:00:06 PM »
Hard to tell. Connors isn't listed as injured but he hasn't trained for a week either  ???. In any case he would need to show improvement with his disposal playing for Coburg before getting a call up. Physically he is right to get a AFL game at 184cm and 80kg.

what do you mean improve his disposal. I haven't seen him this year thus far, but from what I saw last year, his disposal is absolutely superb.

Offline cartmanland

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2007, 07:22:25 PM »

what do you mean improve his disposal. I haven't seen him this year thus far, but from what I saw last year, his disposal is absolutely superb.
Yeah I agree, his disposal looked pretty good to me to...

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
I think Wallace likes giving the young ones, the ones he thinks need blooding around 6 games in the big time
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2007, 09:54:21 PM »
In the Canberra game he looked a little lost and his disposal did let him down. He also looked really nervous which may explain some of it. I'm hoping things will improve for him with some solid gametime at the Burgers. Barring injury to other players, I couldn't see him in the top 22 until round 12

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2007, 10:39:34 PM »

As tiga said his disposal in games so far with us has been a bit off.  In the U18 you're right, Connors disposal was very good so as tiga also said let's hope it's just nerves and getting use playing at a higher level.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2007, 10:42:43 PM »
so young Daniel Connors in 5 years time ... see him play which position ???

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Daniel Connors [merged]
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2007, 03:47:22 PM »
selfish, undisciplened, poor skills, and not a team player

not sure why ppl get excited over this kid, yes he took a goo mark, but does he overrate his own ability or what

not sure how peterson went in the burger 2nds today but its time connors was dropped  and carl was elevated to the burgers

what we can also judge from today that meyer is an overrated dweeb

JON needs to use his so called pace more and take his blinkers off, no awareness at all

hartigan no good

ppl bag kingsley, and even though he isnt that good, he is still 1000 times better than schulz, jay is useless

graham, crap

edwards and jack are the only shining lights coming through along with carl peterson

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: connors- whats the fascination with him?
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2007, 04:15:19 PM »
Connors can certainly play, he justs has some issues such as the ones you mentioned that need to be rectified

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2007, 07:17:02 PM »
selfish, undisciplened, poor skills, and not a team player

not sure why ppl get excited over this kid, yes he took a goo mark, but does he overrate his own ability or what
Today he did. As bluey said Connors can play and has been in good form the previous 2 weeks earning praise from the coaching staff but based on today's effort he still has a fair bit of growing up to do. It can say a lot more about you when things aren't going right for the team than when everyone is flying.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2007, 11:26:40 PM »
i have only seen him play twice, i may be his jinx because on both occasions he did not impress me at all

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2007, 11:29:41 AM »
X, try and grab some tapes of the U18 champs last year and you will be hooked on his talents.

On talent he was certainly top 20 but there are issues with him which probably resulted in him dropping. Nevertheless I am confident in Wallace's ability to harness his abilities  :thumbsup