Author Topic: Carl Peterson  (Read 22407 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: carl peterson
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2007, 06:53:08 PM »
don't see why he wasn't playing VFL sen. to start off with

Wasn't he playing WAFL seniors

The story goes that he has had OP and just played through it last year. The club has taken plenty of time to get him right, he's now played 5 reserves games and would have his fitness base up and now has the form to warrant Coburg senior selection. Very sound player management IMO.

Spot on jezza. Carl had no preseason due to the OP. IIRC he trained the first session or two when they started preseason training in late Oct/early Nov and that was it until the season started in early April. Wise to take it slowly building up his (match) fitness.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2007, 09:24:07 AM »
Still not named in the seniors.  >:(

Clingan on the extended bench though, I hope he gets a game as I think he needs to start playing seniors soon or be a big risk of losing his rookie spot.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2007, 10:01:49 AM »
In the last quarter last week in one five minute period Carl offered on two leads and then went on two chases as Port cleared from defence.  At the end of that time he was down on his haunches blowing very very hard.  He's not fit yet.  Given his virtual non pre-season getting 21 possessions off a negligible fitness base tells me lots.  Let him stay in the ressies and build his fitness and confidence.

As for Tas.  A certain Dean Polo played nearly an entire season for Coburg reserves as well.  I would hope that Tas is safe for a second year.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2007, 12:40:48 PM »
In the last quarter last week in one five minute period Carl offered on two leads and then went on two chases as Port cleared from defence.  At the end of that time he was down on his haunches blowing very very hard.  He's not fit yet.  Given his virtual non pre-season getting 21 possessions off a negligible fitness base tells me lots.  Let him stay in the ressies and build his fitness and confidence.
Cheers HKT. I think we're all getting our hopes up by what's written about Carl in EOTT. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 09:32:43 PM »
Brian Royal's RFC player review

Carl Peterson

Carl’s come from a background where he had osteitis pubis and did not realise he had it. He’s pretty much played with the groin injury for the last two years, so he missed a lot of the season recovering from that. Carl played the last six to eight games at reserve level and did some really exciting things. Now what he’s got to realise is he has to become an elite sportsman as, at the moment, he’s convinced he’s playing back home.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=52550

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 06:11:51 AM »

Carl Peterson

Carl’s come from a background where he had osteitis pubis and did not realise he had it. He’s pretty much played with the groin injury for the last two years, so he missed a lot of the season recovering from that. Carl played the last six to eight games at reserve level and did some really exciting things. Now what he’s got to realise is he has to become an elite sportsman as, at the moment, he’s convinced he’s playing back home.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=52550

Interesting.  Does he have the motivation to make it?
EAT EM ALIVE!

richmondrules

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2007, 07:10:02 AM »

Carl Peterson

Sounds to me like he's young. I'd give him a bit more time before making a call like that, he was always speculative after all.

Tigermonk

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2007, 07:59:15 AM »
who is he  ;D someone else we drafted that has been injured & never got anything out of him even at lower level
is he any good what has he acheived before comming to Tigerland  ???

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2007, 08:51:15 AM »

Carl Peterson

Sounds to me like he's young. I'd give him a bit more time before making a call like that, he was always speculative after all.

Thats why it was a question.  :)

He was what? Pick 70ish last year.  Freak jumper who had O.P. for most of the year.  Apparently got a bit side-tracked towards the end of the year.  Will get his one more token year but as a pick 70ish he wont get the nicer, patient treatment JoN gets.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2007, 10:31:20 AM »
l aint been nice to Jokely JON he is a wasted space
Pick 70 could turn into a top footballer

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2007, 10:51:52 AM »
l aint been nice to Jokely JON he is a wasted space
Pick 70 could turn into a top footballer

Haha no but the club has.

No doubt pick 70 could but history syas less chance.

But then again recent RFC history might suggest otherwise.
EAT EM ALIVE!

richmondrules

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2007, 11:17:58 AM »

Carl Peterson

Thats why it was a question.  :)

He was what? Pick 70ish last year.  Freak jumper who had O.P. for most of the year.  Apparently got a bit side-tracked towards the end of the year.  Will get his one more token year but as a pick 70ish he wont get the nicer, patient treatment JoN gets.

That's cool. Consider my post my answer to that question. :)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2007, 04:26:49 PM »
This was only Peterson's first year and he didn't have a preseason due to the OP. He actually has footy skills and his arms don't look like twigs.

He played a few Coburg ressie games towards the end of the season and pretty much collected 20 possies and kicked a few goals in most of them. He just now needs a few preseasons to get his fitness up.

Tigermonk, Peterson is out of the Clontarf football academy in WA and attracted AFL recruiter's interest by kicking 5 goals for Claremont on debut as well as playing in the ruck with his huge leap.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2007, 06:28:04 PM »
peterson and jon will make it, mark my words. they just need that lil extra time to develop, not every player  is a deledio, or murphy, or selwood. some take longer. look at varcoe, been in the system a few yrs now also, still cant cement a spot but is showing good steady improvement, but for a high draft pick, he does not get the flack that jon , blingers and peterson get.

they will shut all their critics up with 2 yrs

Bull

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2007, 06:49:40 PM »
Peterson will hopefully work out well, as for JON  ::) ::)