Author Topic: Carl Peterson  (Read 22245 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Frustrated Hawthorn ponder Carl Peterson's future (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2010, 11:30:51 PM »
Frustrated Hawthorn ponder Carl Peterson's future

* Jon Ralph
    * September 28, 2010 9:55PM

HAWTHORN is considering youngster Carl Peterson's spot on the list, frustrated at his unprofessional attitude.

The former Richmond forward played 17 exciting games this year, but is struggling to cope with the demands of professional sport.

It is believed he has been out of contact with the club in recent weeks but Hawthorn hopes he will attend Saturday night's Peter Crimmins Medal count.

On performances alone Peterson would be a certainty to have his contract extended, but the Hawks are no certainty to offer him another deal.

Peterson, 23, attended his post-season debrief with the coaching staff but is believed to have missed several compulsory meetings during the year.

The club and his teammates love his infectious personality but, as at Richmond, he struggles to stay focused on football.

Hawthorn will assess its list after the trade period, with Peterson a possible casualty.

He is struggling with personal issues and is believed to be in New South Wales, but has been difficult to contact since the Hawks' season finished.

Peterson lasted only one season with Richmond in his first stint in AFL football, damaging his arm when he put it through a window.

"I was signed for two years and they got rid of me after one. I wanted to go home," he said mid-year.

"I was just young, missing home. I didn't quite get AFL footy. I put my arm through a window - a silly mistake, having a drink. It was pretty bad, but that was a big turning point for me - making a mistake and thinking 'I don't want to do this any more'."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/frustrated-hawthorn-ponder-carl-petersons-future/story-e6frf9jf-1225931205733

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Frustrated Hawthorn ponder Carl Peterson's future (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2010, 11:54:10 PM »

* Jon Ralph
    * September 28, 2010 9:55PM

HAWTHORN is considering youngster Carl Peterson's spot on the list, frustrated at his unprofessional attitude.

The former Richmond forward played 17 exciting games this year, but is struggling to cope with the demands of professional sport.

It is believed he has been out of contact with the club in recent weeks but Hawthorn hopes he will attend Saturday night's Peter Crimmins Medal count.

On performances alone Peterson would be a certainty to have his contract extended, but the Hawks are no certainty to offer him another deal.

Peterson, 23, attended his post-season debrief with the coaching staff but is believed to have missed several compulsory meetings during the year.

The club and his teammates love his infectious personality but, as at Richmond, he struggles to stay focused on football.

Hawthorn will assess its list after the trade period, with Peterson a possible casualty.

He is struggling with personal issues and is believed to be in New South Wales, but has been difficult to contact since the Hawks' season finished.

Peterson lasted only one season with Richmond in his first stint in AFL football, damaging his arm when he put it through a window.

"I was signed for two years and they got rid of me after one. I wanted to go home," he said mid-year.

"I was just young, missing home. I didn't quite get AFL footy. I put my arm through a window - a silly mistake, having a drink. It was pretty bad, but that was a big turning point for me - making a mistake and thinking 'I don't want to do this any more'."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/frustrated-hawthorn-ponder-carl-petersons-future/story-e6frf9jf-1225931205733
Im surprised richmond didnt keep him for the two year contract  and try and work out his problems LIKE we have always done

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Frustrated Hawthorn ponder Carl Peterson's future (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #257 on: September 29, 2010, 05:07:44 AM »

Hopefully this now shuts up any journo who bagged us in the past over Peterson  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Carl Peterson
« Reply #258 on: September 29, 2010, 06:57:33 AM »
Wow, what an interesting read this old thread was!  And there was a gem back on page 10 that I just had to bring back for the enjoyment of all:

"After half time, he improved out of sight.
At least he will play finals football this year, something he would not have done at punt road.
No doubt he will get better with each game"

This was one of the many iterations of Jackstar talking about Raines at the start of this year.   Sorry Jack, I know we all get it wrong occasionally but I just couldn't help myself.   ;D

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: carl peterson
« Reply #259 on: September 29, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »
If raines plays no way the lions will make finals will be a depth player at best. Was destroyed by ebert.

Peterson is a gun. Superstar.

jackstar strikes again

Good to see my opinion of raines has been vindicated. To think that Voss gave him a 3 yr deal is just unbelievable

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: September 29, 2010, 01:00:14 PM »
Wow, what an interesting read this old thread was!  And there was a gem back on page 10 that I just had to bring back for the enjoyment of all:

"After half time, he improved out of sight.
At least he will play finals football this year, something he would not have done at punt road.
No doubt he will get better with each game"

This was one of the many iterations of Jackstar talking about Raines at the start of this year.   Sorry Jack, I know we all get it wrong occasionally but I just couldn't help myself.   ;D

Yep LOL Smokey, what a funny thread this was

jackstar is back again

« Reply #261 on: September 29, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »
If raines plays no way the lions will make finals will be a depth player at best. Was destroyed by ebert.

jackstar strikes again

Good to see my opinion of raines has been vindicated. To think that Voss gave him a 3 yr deal is just unbelievable

Just proves that M.Voss has more idea than Inafamy.
raines will prove you all wrong, wait and see

jackstar is back again

« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2010, 01:49:12 PM »
why dont you find the posts where you were all creaming you "'jeans"' when he ran 2nd in the rising star ?
The kid can play.
Injured again this year.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #263 on: September 29, 2010, 02:36:21 PM »
why dont you find the posts where you were all creaming you "'jeans"' when he ran 2nd in the rising star ?
The kid can play.
Injured again this year.

Geez jack your stuck in the past man

the raines ship sailed years ago he is finished, has been for 4 years.

tony_montana

« Reply #264 on: September 29, 2010, 03:19:56 PM »

jackstar strikes again

lol stop flogging a dead horse,

can't kick when under pressure, been exposed at AFL - dud

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #265 on: September 29, 2010, 03:32:15 PM »

jackstar strikes again

lol stop flogging a dead horse,

can't kick when under pressure, been exposed at AFL - dud

Oh Geez we still talking about how crap Raines is. If Raines was at St Kilda or Collingwood there would be no replay this week. ;)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2010, 03:43:41 PM »

jackstar strikes again

Surely you are just taking the pee now

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #267 on: September 29, 2010, 04:58:41 PM »
The kid can play.
Injured again this year.
Why is jeans in quotes?

jackstar is back again

« Reply #268 on: September 29, 2010, 05:42:14 PM »
The kid can play.
Injured again this year.
Why is jeans in quotes?

LOL

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #269 on: September 29, 2010, 05:50:51 PM »

jackstar strikes again

1) Why bring me up in this
2) According to you I don't know much about football, so that's hardly a compliment to Voss on your behalf is it?