Author Topic: TV and radio commentary line-ups / Which radio station do you listen to for footy?  (Read 25357 times)

Life goes on

Re: Which radio station do you listen to for footy?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 08:52:31 PM »
Actually like Rex.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 08:56:52 PM »
I love listening to Triple M, i think they have a great team who joke around make their broadcast entertaining. I actually like Gary Lyon on the radio.

Dont think you can beat the calling combo of JB and the bristle man BT.

Most entertaining callers to have called the game IMO. :thumbsup

hmm - I don't think my radios get FM      ;D

Life goes on

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 09:18:41 PM »
I love listening to Triple M, i think they have a great team who joke around make their broadcast entertaining. I actually like Gary Lyon on the radio.

Dont think you can beat the calling combo of JB and the bristle man BT.

Most entertaining callers to have called the game IMO. :thumbsup

hmm - I don't think my radios get FM      ;D

ABC for mjs i reckon.
Mail is that is it glued to the station

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 11:45:08 PM »
sen aw mmm - dont really care
Same here CUB. If they are talking about the Tiges I'll listen. If not I'll switch to see what the others are on about. On the train to and from the 'G or Dome it depends on the reception on my dodgy old walkman. Siemens train = better AM reception while Comeng train = better FM reception ??? lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 12:10:26 AM »
i d ont knoew

Offline Piping Shrike

• Premiership Captain
  • Nothing today
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 02:07:19 PM »
5MU - which takes the AW feed on a Saturday. Saves me having to listen to Adelaide radio. I used to try the AFL's radio internet feed but that seems to have fallen in a heap this year.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Hutchy axed by 3aw
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 05:06:27 PM »
Hutchy has been given the flick from 3aw

Axe swings at 3AW footy
Article from: Herald-Sun
June 21, 2007 12:30pm

MELBOURNE'S leading radio station 3AW has reacted savagely to falling football ratings, sacking four key personalities.

On-air presenter and caller Craig Hutchison and executive producer of sport in Ralph Horowitz were informed today their services were no longer required.

It's believed Graeme Bond will be re-installed as producer of sport with Clinton Grybas to host pre-match on Saturday and Tony Leonard pre-match on Sunday.

Hutchison's role as a match caller on Saturday nights will be filled by Shane Healy.

The future of AW's Saturday morning lead-in program is also in doubt after falling ratings.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21943319-661,00.html

Ox

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 05:36:31 PM »
 :clapping :clapping :clappinghe's a cunning rat.

The public in general detest him and his
self appointed position of knowledge on a subject of which he knows nothing...
much like a leech hanging out of a dead cows ars.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 07:21:58 PM »
Anyone but MMM.
Garry Lyon is a filthy Urchin who thinks what that his opinion on the game is the only correct one and he has a habit of being offensive to those that disagree. Barely tolerated him on AW last year and now with Spud there I just do not want to listen to their faeces and drivel.
AW With Rexy is by far the best although if we are on SEN or 774 I don't mind.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 09:47:40 PM »
Actually like Rex.

can't help but chuckle when Rex sings Richo man after the great man kicks a goal  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 11:36:48 PM »
I'm probably in the minority but I like Anthony Hudson's game commentary.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: TV and radio commentary line-ups
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2008, 02:08:48 PM »
Brian Taylor rocks the airwaves
Sam Edmund | July 08, 2008

BRIAN Taylor - Triple M's "Bristle Man" - is again the fans' overwhelming choice as best radio commentator.

The Herald Sun Footy Fans Survey saw Taylor attract 23 per cent of the vote, to be crowned most popular caller for the second year running.

The former Richmond and Collingwood full-forward has surged from being the favourite of just 7 per cent in 2005 to 9 per cent in 2006 and 17 per cent last year.

The rise and rise of "BT" has again left for dead his rivals, 3AW's Rex Hunt and ABC stalwart Tim Lane.

Hunt and Lane had finished in the top two every year since the survey began in 1997, until Taylor intervened for the first time last year.

Hunt was second with 14 per cent, a vast improvement on his shock all-time low of only 7 per cent last year.

But Lane has continued to slump, polling just 8 per cent this year, down from 12 per cent last year, 17 per cent in 2006 and 18 per cent in 2005.

In the realm of TV it is Dennis Cometti who has again blown away the opposition.

The Channel 7 caller attracted 42 per cent of the vote as the game's best TV commentator.

Cometti's nearest rival was station mate and new kid on the block Nathan Buckley, with 9 per cent.

The once peerless Bruce McAvaney was a distant fourth with 7 per cent of the TV vote.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23984691-19742,00.html

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 03:08:12 PM »

I'm amazed that Rex gets even 14% - in my opinion he cannot pick up many players and The Man Who Travels by Train constantly saves him. He is very difficult to listen to.

jackstar

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 07:44:50 PM »
Good bloke "the big man who travels by train " :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
3AW footy call trumps rivals (Age)
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 05:03:02 AM »
3AW footy call trumps rivals
Jennifer Chiu | June 24, 2009

RADIO station 3AW has fully recovered from the slump it suffered two years ago, claiming a resounding ratings win over rivals 774, Triple M and SEN in the latest Nielsen radio survey.

3AW (which is owned by Fairfax, publisher of The Age) won all pre-game slots, but came second to 774 for both Saturday games.

However, the talk station's most resounding win came in the post-game department.

On Friday nights, 18.8 per cent of listeners tuned in to 3AW, more than doubling Triple M (9.3) and easily accounting for SEN (4). Triple M could hold on to only a 2.3 per cent post-match audience share on Saturday nights, compared to 3AW's 18.8 per cent.

774 was particularly strong on Saturdays — narrowly eclipsing 3AW's calls in the afternoon (by 0.4 per cent) and night (1.5 per cent). 24-hour sports station SEN hovered around the 5 per cent mark on all slots except Saturday nights, where it dropped to 3.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/3aw-footy-call-trumps-rivals/2009/06/23/1245522834018.html