Author Topic: Richo back spasms / injury update  (Read 940 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Richo back spasms / injury update
« on: January 29, 2007, 05:45:21 PM »
The big fella needed work on his back today and just did 100m runs and kick to kick with Schulz. Plough said afterwards that it was back spasms going down into the hammies and resting him on the sidelines was only precautionary. If it was anything more he would have gone back to Punt Road for treatment. If there's a sign you don't aggrevate it at this time of year. Perhaps if it was during the season who would risk it but not now. As Richo was leaving, Plough joked about the old man getting 3 days off.

Kingsley just twinged his hammy (a 1 weeker) and did the first couple of drills today. He'll be back into full training by the end of the week.

Sarge is still in rehab with his hammy. Ran around the boundary today.

Plough mentioned Newy is ahead of Thursty and Cogs. Newy will be right for round 1. The other two will be "in consideration for the start of the year depending on how they come up from now on". In laymen's speak that's no lol.

No mention of Hyde by Terry. Chris did about as much as Kingsley did today.

Petersen only appeared briefly at the start of training then disappeared. With JON also only doing some running with his leg still in a brace, Howat you would reckon will be promoted to the senior list (my words not Plough's).     
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Matthew Richardon back scare (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 02:25:25 AM »
Matthew Richardon back scare
30 January 2007   Herald-Sun
Rebecca Williams

RICHMOND suffered a pre-season fright yesterday after spearhead Matthew Richardson was forced to pull out of training with back spasms.

The 31-year-old veteran lasted less than 10 minutes into team drills at Gosch's Paddock before he left his teammates to receive treatment.

He spent the rest of the session stretching, doing run-throughs and watching match practice from the sidelines.

Tigers coach Terry Wallace said Richardson had suffered back spasms and hamstring tightness.

But he said the club was just being cautious with its star forward. "He was just a bit tight," Wallace said.

"Rather than take risks at this stage of the year when you are not in any hurry, you don't want to push it if there's a sign there.

"He just had some back spasms into the hamstrings.

"If there had been any problems, we would have sent him back (to the club), but he just floated around and helped us do some scoring.

"I would expect him to be back on the track next session."

Wallace said Richardson, entering his 15th AFL season, had been setting an impressive standard on the training track so far this pre-season.

"He's been good, he's been in the top 10 of our NAB Cup (selection system)," he said.

"My first year here he had a really solid pre-season, then he had a lot of interruption last year just with operations in the off-season.

"He has had the full pre-season again this year, so we have no issue with him having one afternoon a bit light."

In other training news, Wallace expected recruit Ken Kingsley, who suffered a hamstring twinge last week, to be back to full training by the end of the week.

Wallace said Chris Newman, who broke his leg in Round 13 last year, was on track for a Round 1 return.

He said midfielder Mark Coughlan, on the comeback from a knee reconstruction, would also be considered if he continued to make progress in training.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21138992%255E20322,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richo back spasms / injury update
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 01:32:53 PM »
Richo was still in the rehab group at training today but he was running around doing kick to kick with Kingsley, Schulz,  Hyde and Cogs. A few hard runs too so he can't be too bad.

Unfortunately we copped a couple of more injuries today.

Casserly was in the rehab group running around the boundary. No visible signs of anything wrong but fingers crossed the OP he had last year hasn't returned.

Andy Collins copped a knock to his knee. He walked up the race with a trainer then returned with a ice pack.

Simmo was watching training for a little while and was in good spirits. He limped around for a bit without any aides (even had a kick with the other foot) then left on crutches.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 02:40:29 PM »
Just a further note. Can the media please remember that there are now two Riewoldts and include first names so not to give us Tiger supporters a heart-attack when "Riewoldt does hammy at training" is spieled over the radio news  :P.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 02:49:55 PM »
Just a further note. Can the media please remember that there are now two Riewoldts and include first names so not to give us Tiger supporters a heart-attack when "Riewoldt does hammy at training" is spieled over the radio news  :P.

I knew it was Nick - when the radio report I heard said the players was very upset. I could see the tears  :whistle :rollin ;D :whistle
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)