Author Topic: Wonthaggi intra-club match update thread  (Read 4765 times)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Wonthaggi intra-club match update thread
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 08:24:26 PM »
Good effort Moi, any informations better than no information.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 10:54:52 PM »
Excellent news about Edwards and Connors being BOG along with Howat today. So far no complaints about our first 3 picks form last year's draft  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 03:11:50 AM »
from the Herald-Sun
Bruce Matthews
08 February 2007   

Draftee Shane Edwards put up his hand for NAB Cup selection with sparkling form in the practice match.

Edwards, a second-round pick from North Adelaide, won plenty of ball in the midfield.

Gun signing Graham Polak, who looked polished across half-back, was among a handful of senior players to take part in the match, which consisted of 20-minute quarters.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21189335%255E19742,00.html

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 11:03:59 AM »
I'm very pleased to hear of Edwards' good form.I'll be keeping a close eye on him if I make it to next friday's match.

Regarding Wallace's above comments about who has been ruled out of the geelong match, surely the list must also include JON and Peterson.

Moi

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 01:44:17 PM »
I only went to Wonthaggi to get some pictures for Julzl. Will post when I find camera lol. They're not that great, so don't get excited  :wallywink  Went to the beach till about two, freezing my you know whats off hoping for that last bit of sun before I headed home.  Gave up in disgust and decided to go to the footy instead.  My grandmother and her huge family came from Wonthaggi so I enjoy going there and checking out the place. Last time I went there, attempted to go down the coal mine where my great grandfather worked, and managed to go about 20 feet before I got claustrophobia and bolted out of there lol.  Wouldn’t be a miner for millions

As I told MT, I am as blind as a bat, coupled with the fact that even if these kids were standing right in front of me I wouldn’t know them anyway.

So it was hard for me to keep track of who was who, so I gave up.  Lots of ring ins and new players on the list that I wouldn’t have a clue who they were

So, you didn’t get a match report from me because when I arrived there was one goal on the board and that’s what it was pretty much at quarter time.  Ball was going up and down the ground with not much happening otherwise – that’s my match report lol

The real action was happening on the interchange where I took a couple of piccies of the boys as they came off the ground.  Most of the players on the bench seemed to be senior players anyway and the rest were sitting up in the grandstand with Terry and the coaching staff.

I work with one of the ring-ins’ cousin, so I said hi to him after the game.  There was a healthy crowd, with lots of Tiger supporters.  Actually they seemed to be mainly Richmond with a few supporters of other teams.  Ground looked in pretty good nick except for the cricket pitch area which looked a bit of a worry but no incidents there.

Being one of those ppl who usually stand back and not go up to players, I didn’t bother to harass them with how they’re going.  Said a very brief hi to Rainsey and that was about it.  Richo was mobbed everywhere he went and spent the day just signing autographs.  I heard a kid say that he cracked the shiits with him, although I didn’t see what happened lol.  Don’t blame him for that, because he was pretty generous with his time and there are limits I reckon.

The locals were a pretty happy lot and just seemed to enjoy the boys coming down there.  When I went to get my chips, the guy at the counter said they were struggling to keep up with demand for food.  So that sounds like it was a bigger crowd than they expected.  Hopefully, they made a bit of a healthy profit on the day.  Great initiative I reckon – should be more country visits. If it wasn’t so freezing down there, would have been a perfect day. 

Not quite the match report you wanted – stiff lol.  Figured someone else with a bit of an idea would fill you in anyway. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 04:11:41 PM »
Thanks Moi for the updates over the phone. Much appreciated  :cheers.

I only went to Wonthaggi to get some pictures for Julz.

The real action was happening on the interchange where I took a couple of piccies of the boys as they came off the ground. 

We might not be getting the photos we were expecting either  :wallywink.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 07:13:42 PM »
Order is all over the place - sorry

Moi

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 07:15:54 PM »

Moi

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 07:18:54 PM »

Moi

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 07:21:42 PM »

That tatt had me intrigued, so here's a closer look lol

Moi

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 07:24:02 PM »

Moi

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 07:26:08 PM »
For Julz

Moi

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 07:28:54 PM »
For Julz again lol

I think Richo stood there all day doing autographs  :bow

Moi

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 07:34:54 PM »

How did my happy snaps get in here lol

My protector cum pest lol

My favourite place on this earth

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 08:05:18 PM »
Order is all over the place - sorry

Whats going on here, looks like Paddy is on the Artline gear!!!

mmm smells good
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do