Author Topic: Coburg news  (Read 76717 times)

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
Re: Coburg news, updates and reports
« Reply #330 on: April 03, 2010, 09:57:13 PM »
Mate,I went home at Half Time.
Cant stand watching rubbish ::)
better off watching suburban footy
"better off watching suburban footy"
That was what a well known coach told me about you too.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #331 on: April 03, 2010, 10:00:12 PM »
That was what a well known coach told me about you too.

Oh Dear. a parrott on the forum ::) :gobdrop

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #332 on: April 03, 2010, 10:19:03 PM »
Cant stand watching rubbish
Not much of a supporter are you Jack?

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #333 on: April 03, 2010, 10:21:43 PM »
Straight from the Coburg website. Quick update I must say.
Practice Match Vs. Williamstown 3rd April
Seniors:
Coburg:         
3.1.19                          3.3.21                        5.9.39                         6.13.49

Williamstown:   
6.4.40                          13.14.92                    15.17.107                  19.19.133

Goals:
Matt White, Shane Piuselli, Alex Rance, Andrew Collins, Matt Dennis
Graham Polak

Best:
Sam Power 23 possessions / 9 marks
Matt White 24 possessions / 6 inside 50’s
Shane Tuck 23 possessions / 7 marks / 4 inside 50’s
Justin Kahlefeldt and  Damien Rayson 21 possessions.

Again another slow start as we did against Frankston last week.We lost Jason Morgan in the first 10 mins of the game with concussion and that unbalanced the backline somewhat.
Second half was a little better and if not for a little inaccuracy we could have been closer.

Reserves

Coburg:               
0.2.2                         0.5.5                          2.6.18                          6.9.45
Williamstown:   
4.4.28                        6.6.42                      8.7.55                         12.8.80

Goals:
Patrick .Ambrose 2, Adam Meroli, Nick Westhoff, Robert Hicks, Luke Geister

Best:
Nic Cattapan 27 possessions
Pat Contin 23 possessions
David Fahey 20 possessions
David Sardo 19 possessions

Similar to the seniors,the reserves started slow and but rallied in the 2nd half to outscore Williamstown.Signs still look good for the future,and we hope to open the season with 2 wins next week.

Ramps

« Reply #334 on: April 03, 2010, 10:31:08 PM »
contin continues to go well. deserves to get promoted probably with gourdis, dont know why polak got promoted :help

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #335 on: April 03, 2010, 10:53:31 PM »
What I don't understand is we promoted Polak and he hasn't played yet.
Would have been better off promoting Contin or Gourdis.
These kids have shown enough for us to have taken a punt on.
Would like to see Polak get a game whilst Griffiths is still out injured.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #336 on: April 03, 2010, 11:00:58 PM »
Great report RR   :clapping just one thing mate I totally disagree on your observation on young Astbury.  You would be well aware that Astbury was coming back from injury and yeah he did play in the seconds last week but you need to consider his game time versus his output.  His attack & speed on the ball was very classy, at one stage in the third came all the way down to HB to contest and perservered with a second & third effort to win the free.  He just knows where to get into position.  Just imagine what he would have done if the lacklustre Coburg midfield could of delivered more ball to his chest.  I have no hesitation as naming him as one of our better listed players amongst, Webberly, Rance & Dea.

Yeah, fair enough 3121 ( hey,that's my postcode too), I may have been a bit dismissive of Astbury's game. I didn't really notice him all that much to be honest, but as I said, my attention was starting to drift in the hot sun as the increasingly one-sided match drifted on.
I am aware that Astbury's coming back from injury though, and did acknowledge that he was probably starved of opportunity a fair bit as there was a lot of one-way traffic.  

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #337 on: April 03, 2010, 11:20:54 PM »
contin continues to go well. deserves to get promoted probably with gourdis, dont know why polak got promoted :help

He's preogressing at a steady pace Ramps there's no hurry just yet IMO.  Contin needs to beef up as he easily is pushed off the contest, he is one player with another preseason under his belt who may emerge.  Has the potential if he works bloody hard at it.

In regards to Gourdis & Polak I think time will tell whether the brains tryst at the club have made the right decision. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #338 on: April 04, 2010, 05:13:53 AM »
A snippet from today's Age

Richmond's Graham Polak struggled to get into the play for the Coburg Tigers at full-forward.

Polak kicked a late goal in the final term, but Coburg coach David Newitt blamed his poor form on a lack of supply..

Shane Tuck was impressive in a defensive role, while young forward David Astbury suffered an ankle injury.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rooke-return-in-doubt-after-vfl-hitout-20100403-rkyn.html

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: April 04, 2010, 08:07:55 AM »
A snippet from today's Age

Richmond's Graham Polak struggled to get into the play for the Coburg Tigers at full-forward.

Polak kicked a late goal in the final term, but Coburg coach David Newitt blamed his poor form on a lack of supply..

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rooke-return-in-doubt-after-vfl-hitout-20100403-rkyn.html

I thought Polak kicked a goal at the Dynon Rd. end in the first quarter. I was a long way away, deep on the opposite wing though. Perhaps it was Matthew Dennis.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #340 on: April 04, 2010, 08:11:34 AM »
Cant stand watching rubbish
Not much of a supporter are you Jack?

I support the Tiges, you sunshine ????

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: April 04, 2010, 12:43:52 PM »

He's preogressing at a steady pace Ramps there's no hurry just yet IMO.  Contin needs to beef up as he easily is pushed off the contest, he is one player with another preseason under his belt who may emerge.  Has the potential if he works bloody hard at it.

In regards to Gourdis & Polak I think time will tell whether the brains tryst at the club have made the right decision. 
Would you say Contin has earned a spot at Coburg seniors?

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #342 on: April 04, 2010, 08:46:25 PM »
Would you say Contin has earned a spot at Coburg seniors?

IMO Danog not just yet because at the moment there are the Coburg boys (midfielders) who deserve to be there before him at this point in time.  I don't have a crystal ball to say the kid is going to make but he has the goods to take him to the next level.  We must remember he is a rookie, we'll need to track his performance over the next 12 to 18 months to see where he is at, but he may get a gig in the Coburg seniors between then.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #344 on: April 08, 2010, 05:03:14 PM »
Does anybody know if the ABC broadcast for VFL games begin this week with round 1 ?
Anyone have a shortcut to this info ?
I've had a look but cant find any info. :)