Author Topic: Footy Rocks  (Read 33068 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Footy Rocks
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 08:39:15 AM »
What do you have to do?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 09:30:17 AM »
Still no activation email for me ???

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 10:36:36 AM »
I'm in.... wayne

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Moi

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2007, 07:24:01 PM »
Still no activation email for me ???
There's an email for problems - problems@footyrocks.net

Try that Tiga

Moi

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2007, 07:25:32 PM »
What do you have to do?

What is Footy Rocks?
Footy Rocks is an AFL-based dreamteam competition.  Unlike other dreamteams we don't muck about with player values and salary caps.  We keep it simple yet challenging.  Each week you simply pick a team of players IN POSITION.  Pick anybody you want but you can only have one full forward, two wings, one ruck, and so on just like a real AFL team.  Each player gets points for kicks, marks, goals and other stats which we add up to tell you your team's score at the end of the round.

All statistics used on Footy Rocks come from our good friends at Champion Data and are the same ones used by the real AFL coaches.  Champion Data do not contribute or endorse any editorial content on Footy Rocks.

How do I play?
Easy!  Here's your quick-start guide...

Get a Footy Rocks account.

Pick your team.

Watch your players rack up the stats (or not, that's the hard bit:-)
You can normally pick your team on Thursday night right after the Footy Show. Footy Rocks can send you an email to tell you when selections are open.  Check out the Email Alerts page to set your preferences.  While you are there you can also choose whether you want other type of emails sent to you from Footy Rocks so make sure you check it out at least once.

Click here to see the scoring system and all the rules.

You can try picking your team now to see how it works.  All positions and players are from round 22 last year.  This is for testing only - all teams will be deleted before the season starts.

What's with the Activation Code?
This is to protect you.  Sometimes public web sites get troublemakers.  By using an Activation Code we can verify everybody's email address when they get an account.  If somebody does something offensive or causes a problem then we can easily disable their account and prevent the same email address from creating a new one.  We'd rather not, but it's there just in case.

How do I log out?
This should only cause a problem when multiple Footy Rocks players use the same computer.  Unfortunately we haven't yet got logging out working as we would like.  Until we do, simply close all your browser windows and your browser should forget you were ever logged in.  You can then start a new web browser and log in as somebody else.  It's not ideal but we'll get it fixed soon.

What if I find an error?
We pride ourselves on the quality of our work but sometimes things do go wrong.  If you find an error or a problem with the web site use our Contact The Footy Rocks Web Site team form or send an email to problems@footyrocks.net containing a description of what the problem is and we'll fix it as soon as we can.  If you find a problem with how the site displays on your browser please include a copy of whatever displays when you click on www.footyrocks.net/browserID.php.  If the problem stops you from using Footy Rocks then use our PDA version at www.footyrocks.net/pda.php until we fix it.

Can I play against my friends?
Yes!  If you have five friends you can start your own league.  Check out the Start Your Own League! page for more information.  We have two types of Leagues available to play on Footy Rocks depending on how much time you want to put into them.  It's pretty cool to play your friends each week and then in the finals series.

If you only play every so often (or if you don't have too many friends:-) then we have a simple challenge system on Footy Rocks.  After you pick your team you can challenge other poeple on Footy Rocks to a game.  Most goals and behinds wins - simple as that.  The results of your challenges are emailed to you if you have set up your email alerts to do so.

If you only want to see your friends when you look at the ladder (and many other pages which support this) then go to the My Friends page and select the people who you like.

How come your league ladders aren't sorted by percentage?
We found that sometimes people don't put a team in for some reason.  This means that the percentage calculation favours anybody who plays in a game where their opponent forfiets and this unfairly disadvantages the other teams in the league.  The only things that each team has complete and total control over is their score (actually, the players they choose but there is a strong relationship) so we decided to sort our ladders by average score instead of percentage.

If I am in a Dreamer League with my friends do I pick two teams?
No.  You only have to pick one team each week.  The same team is used for any Dreamer Leagues you are in AND also for the main Footy Rocks competition.  That means more chances to win for less effort!

Who are you?
Footy Rocks is developed and run by GMAC Internet Solutions.  Anybody can make you a pretty web site - we can make it DO something.  Everything you see on Footy Rocks is handled by our Activate! web site management tool.  If it can run a very complex and dynamic web site like Footy Rocks imagine what it could do for you.

Moi

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 07:26:50 PM »
Basically Julz, you just pick the best team that's selected for that round from all the teams!
You have to wait till late Thursday night/Friday before you can put your team in though

Moi

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 10:36:16 AM »
Bump

I'll close this off on 27 March, seeing as the season starts on the 30th, and notify the organisers of who is in our team.  Hopefully we can get the 16 players and have a prize.

Just remember to register beforehand and let me know what your nickname for the game is.

Cheers

Offline capnblood

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 12:09:03 PM »
I'm in if there's room.

footyrocks account - capnblood

Moi

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 12:10:57 PM »
Always room, Capnblood  :bow

Thanx  :thumbsup

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 12:41:28 PM »
  MOI 
of course mine is 632 RFC

and what now? 
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Moi

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 12:48:01 PM »
Just wait until 27th until I know who's in and who's not.  I'll email them with the names of our league.
Come the Thursday before the first game after the teams are announced, you can enter your team.
They'll allocate a draw.  Like you 632 RFC might play Moi, MT might play capnblood etc etc.
If we have an uneven number, someone will have a bye that round.  It continues through the year with you playing everyone and the results are like a normal footy ladder.  Who wins the most goes to the top of the ladder etc.  They play finals and have a grand final for the top 2.

You've just got to make sure you put your teams in every week, otherwise you'll fall behind in the One-Eyed Richmond comp.

The overall comp between everyone else in Footy Rocks is your best 5 scores for the season, so if you miss a week you could still win overall.  It's not a total tally of all rounds, which is good.

Moi

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 12:50:46 PM »
  MOI 
of course mine is 632 RFC

and what now? 

I'll organise the team.  All you really have to do now after you've registered is wait till the teams come out and pick the best line up from those available that week.  That's basically all you have to do.  Just another Dreamteam-like comp, but it's weekly.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2007, 01:07:28 AM »
Just wait until 27th until I know who's in and who's not.  I'll email them with the names of our league.
Come the Thursday before the first game after the teams are announced, you can enter your team.
They'll allocate a draw.  Like you 632 RFC might play Moi, MT might play capnblood etc etc.
If we have an uneven number, someone will have a bye that round.  It continues through the year with you playing everyone and the results are like a normal footy ladder.  Who wins the most goes to the top of the ladder etc.  They play finals and have a grand final for the top 2.

You've just got to make sure you put your teams in every week, otherwise you'll fall behind in the One-Eyed Richmond comp.

The overall comp between everyone else in Footy Rocks is your best 5 scores for the season, so if you miss a week you could still win overall.  It's not a total tally of all rounds, which is good.

Thanks Moi. Give us reminder as we get closer to the 27th  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2007, 12:28:49 PM »
c u b - activated

retygas

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2007, 10:27:37 PM »
G'day this is retygas here and I was wondering if you still have room for me and if so this will be my name. But I'm not the most computer literate one out here so I will make a few mistakes. Just let me know what to do and I'm in if you want me. I have got a few computer skills but most of them left when my son moved out of town. But I would really love to be in it. Retygas :pray