Author Topic: Other NAB Cup games  (Read 4254 times)

Jackstar

Re: Other NAB Cup games
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 08:45:55 PM »
At least the Bombers were prepared to play first gamers like Davey and Houli, The tiges ?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 10:19:19 PM »
The Lions have knocked off the Dogs at the Dome  :o.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 12:10:49 PM »
The Lions have knocked off the Dogs at the Dome  :o.

i watched the game and the lions proved the point i have been making for yrs now.
bulldogs are nothing, all they have is a carefree loose runing game plan. all you have to do is man up on thenm, suffocate there freedon and pressure them as the lions did last night. the dogs play total one way unaccountable footy and will not make the 8 this yr!  they have bluffed all and sundry and i cant wait to give it to all dogs supporters who have been giving to us and plough thinking that eade is the gr8est

letsgetiton!

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2007, 12:13:32 PM »
Wait for Buddy Franklin week after tonight. 4 goals in the last quarter to turn a 12 point 3/4 time deficit into a 5 goal win.

buddy played on a no body, its the nab cup , buddy wont be anything special. he will be a player that every 6-8 weeks will play a gr8 game and then hybernate again

letsgetiton!

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 12:15:34 PM »
Lets just say, cant wait for the Bombers/Tigers clash in 2007 ;)

u definately have jumped ship
i am confident we will beat the bombers, terry wallace has a very very good record v sheedy and since terry has been at richmond , the tigers have not lost to the bombers!!!!
i cant wait for this game either and when we beat ur bomber team, i will remind you of this post

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 10:42:20 PM »
Playing footy in these conditions in Darwin is laughable. Explains why everywhere else is in drought. Darwin has all the rain water  ;D.

Rodan actually played well in the first half and got heaps of footy but has done nothing since half-time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007, 10:59:49 PM »
Extra time in Darwin. Sheesh the Port and Geelong players will be happy about that in this weather ;D

buddy played on a no body, its the nab cup , buddy wont be anything special. he will be a player that every 6-8 weeks will play a gr8 game and then hybernate again

Franklin has heaps of talent when the footy is in his hands but he is such a frontrunner. Whenever the ball needs to be won in the Hawks forward 50 he stands off forward of the contest waiting for a teammate to do the hard work and dish the footy out to him for a easy goal. I can't stand footballers who continually "cheat" forward. Buddy will tear a side to ribbons when the Hawks midfield is totally dominant but will go missing when he can't rely on getting soft possies off his teammates or has an opponent who sticks to him like glue.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »
I want to give the umpires credit for their free kick against Scarlett - I reckon they got it right. He was still in the field of play when he deliberately dropped the ball over the line :clapping

I also want to give them a whack across the ears for the decision against Cornes during extra time (holding the man) which resulted in the Mooney goal. The Geleong bloke had the ball and just let it go - IMHO it wasn't holding the man - shocking and costly.

My biggest whack however goes to Cornes for missing that goal - as Dr Phil would say - "What were you thinking?"

Rodan was actually very good for Port in the last qtr + extra time. And just a quick word on young Pearce - me thinks he needs to realise that 2006 is over and that it's a new year and to stop living on the glory of last season. Show some interest son and attack the footy.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2007, 06:20:32 PM »
In today's game, North got a free and as Sinclair tried to get the ball back to his teammate, Carr was niggling him. So Sinclair threw his arm back to push Carr away and the ump reversed the free  ???.

The problem with umpiring now is it is done by the letter of the law rather than the spirit of the law. Incidental contact in a contest is now being penalised when it shouldn't. It would be a hell of alot easier for everyone if they were allowed to just pay the obvious blantant frees. Just K.I.S.S. The blame rests at the feet of AA who keeps introducing more new rules every two seconds in his crusade to make the game "better" :banghead.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2007, 06:21:58 PM »
Sounds as though Farmer is in trouble for eye gouging! 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 05:46:45 PM »
Sounds as though Farmer is in trouble for eye gouging! 

4 week holiday for Jeffrey. He's lucky it's only 4 weeks if attempting to kick the ball off the ground for a goal was worth 3  ::).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 10:24:55 PM »
Geelong didn't have Otto and Ablett went off injured at half-time but their forward line problems haven't gone away. Dominated the inside 50s but they couldn't make it count on the scoreboard and the Lions ran over them.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2007, 11:10:09 PM »
Good - I hate Geelong and the Bulldogs and Saints for that matter, hope they never win a flag.