Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 481729 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #1365 on: May 24, 2012, 03:29:34 PM »
I will say, Malthouse must of had good assistants under him at the Pies
got 2 questions for you jackstar.
1) do you still want Mick to coach us?
2) why do you rate Miller so highly as an AFL player?

Answers
1/ After speaking to Mick , NO ! ( Lost the plot )
2/ Miller is only a stop gap. he is very limited and you know what you are going to get from a coaching point a few,-he at least presents to the ball, something that Vickery struggles with, as we have seen this so far this year
ok fair enough. Thanks for answering.
Got 3 more questions if that's ok.

knowing how limited Miller is..
 1a) Do you think it would be more benificial to play a big bodied youngster in the seniors to either fast track development or truly find out if they're any good.?
And 1b) knowing how limited Miller is in ability and time do you think it's a waste of time playing him?
2)  Are you a personal friend of Miller?
3) Are you sure Mick wasn't drunk?

1/ When there ready , yes, although what I have seen, they arent ready, might add I would play them 'behind the ball " first. eg CHB.
Therefore not a waste of time in playing Miller, he is our leading goalkicker. Might add very disappointed in Nahas and Jake King at present not take there opportunities
2/ No, I aint, although his Mrs is ok, haha.
3/Mick wasnt drunk, very odd character is person. unlike Sheeds who does make sense
ok. Thanks again on your opinions.
I don't agree that it wouldn't be benificial for a big bodied youngster to come straight in. Too many examples at other successful clubs to ignore that some guys need to play with seniors to fast track their development. Even Rance has gotten better playing when many, including yourself, were calling for his head.
I think Miller is a waste of time in terms of where we are at in the teams development. I can't see him there in 2 years at most.  :pray  so what's the point having him there now. 
I do agree with your take on Nanas and King. These types always fail come finals time.  I'm not a fan of the tiny forward unless they're are x factor freaks. We should be targeting big bodied/mid/forwards that are smart players who will perform in finals.
And I agree with your take on Pia. She's got a whole lot more talent than her hubby.  ;D
The club that keeps giving.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1366 on: May 24, 2012, 03:42:22 PM »
would play Griffo and Post in the back half.
Let them see the ball . eg Hurley from Essendon
Agree Miller not long term,
The small forwards are a worry.
Would give Maric another crack,
See him at the Cannons, can play

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1367 on: May 24, 2012, 04:18:50 PM »
Riewoldt has struggled since Miller arrived, not that i am saying it is Miller's fault.

My concern is that after his Coleman year, Hardwick said something along the lines of reducing the amount of goals that Jack kicks and spreading it around to others. Well Jack has reduced his goals output but no one else has increased theirs. Thats because Miller and Ty Vick are out of form and the opposition defenders can still focus their efforts on Jack. Its still a one man forward line.

:huh
in 2010 we kicked a total score of 1714
in 2011 we kicked a total score of 2069.

so if we kicked a higher total score, that that must mean others have kicked more goals than in 2010.

despite kicking less goals jack had more more goal assists in 2011 than 2010, more than his goals kicked dropped by.

so in 2011 he was involved in creating more goals than 2010

:huh
Unfortunately I am work and do not have stats at my disposal but has jacks fellow forwards increased their output or is it coming from the mid field? My point being that the other forwards do not seem to taking any pressure off jack.
not sure , but i dont think hardwick specified it was the forwrds he wanted to share the goal kicking load, just a general statement
Yeah fair enough, then if we are kicking more goals and winning more games i would hope we could cut Jack some slack. Maybe it is his body language? A bit Richo-esque at times.

tony_montana

« Reply #1368 on: May 24, 2012, 07:50:44 PM »
Just want him to do the right things, the basic things elite fwds do. Lead more, don't lead to pockets so much, don't call for the ball behind opponents and try to take a pack mark so often. If he leads more directly, more often, even if he doesn't kick more goals than presently, I'm happy bc at least he's doing everything possible to get more goals... atm he's playing like a lazy prick and it's peeing me off bc he's so much better than that... At his best, I think he'd be the best fwd in the game, goals come very easily and naturally to him, if he presented harder and didnt play so lazily hed be the number 1 fwd in the game in score involvements imo.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1369 on: May 24, 2012, 08:14:52 PM »
Arrogance, up himself... Needs to get back to basic hard work
and he'll be fine

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1370 on: May 24, 2012, 09:43:43 PM »
would play Griffo and Post in the back half.
Let them see the ball . eg Hurley from Essendon
Agree Miller not long term,
The small forwards are a worry.
Would give Maric another crack,
See him at the Cannons, can play
:thumbsup
You do post some good stuff Jstar.
Just need to sort through the crapolla
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1371 on: May 25, 2012, 01:26:18 AM »
Dimma's view yesterday of Jack's form....

At the other end of the ground, Richmond full-forward Jack Riewoldt struggled to have much attacking impact against Essendon last round, kicking just one goal and appearing reluctant to lead and attack the ball.

Hardwick noted many key forwards this season were finding it hard to adapt to increasingly crowded forward lines, but he has spoken to Riewoldt about making himself more of a target.

"He can play better, there's no doubt about that," Hardwick said.

"Defensively he did some things we were after.

"Offensively you're probably right, he does need to move a little bit more, we had that conversation earlier in the week."

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-sport/afls-tigers-punt-on-griffiths-for-grimes-20120524-1z6q6.html

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1372 on: May 25, 2012, 08:12:10 AM »
Just want him to do the right things, the basic things elite fwds do. Lead more, don't lead to pockets so much, don't call for the ball behind opponents and try to take a pack mark so often. If he leads more directly, more often, even if he doesn't kick more goals than presently, I'm happy bc at least he's doing everything possible to get more goals... atm he's playing like a lazy prick and it's peeing me off bc he's so much better than that... At his best, I think he'd be the best fwd in the game, goals come very easily and naturally to him, if he presented harder and didnt play so lazily hed be the number 1 fwd in the game in score involvements imo.

I think it is our gameplan jack is always leading pocket.

Less defenders. Ie. Millers man sitting in the hole.

Less chance if the ball hits the deck of our smalls allowing the ball go end to end for their goal

Offline TassieTiger08

• Mad Keen Tiger
  • Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1373 on: May 25, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »
Poor Jack !!!  :help
Just needs to start leading at the ball again
Limited pre-season hasnt helped :pray

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1374 on: May 25, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »
Poor Jack !!!  :help
Just needs to start leading at the ball again
Limited pre-season hasnt helped :pray

Congested forward lines don't help either.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1375 on: May 25, 2012, 07:32:08 PM »
Nor the fact he is a sook.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1376 on: May 25, 2012, 08:03:13 PM »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1377 on: May 25, 2012, 08:44:46 PM »

::)

I think TBR is spot on. Needs to stop being petulant and try and take mark of the year each time the ball comes in.

He does it tomorrow he won't get a touch given the wet conditions.

Needs to play in front and get back to basics. Needs to lead in the corridor and get his hands on the footy take a few marks on the lead get his hand eye co-ordination in sync and the rest of the flashy things like speccies and goals through his anus will come.

I just wonder we are 3-5 and with a 2010 or first half of 2011 Jack right now we would be 6-2 or better. Lift your game freckles.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1378 on: May 25, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »
nuthn

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1379 on: May 25, 2012, 10:09:17 PM »

::)

I think TBR is spot on. Needs to stop being petulant and try and take mark of the year each time the ball comes in.

Agree with your comments tuck, but especially the 2010/2011 form one. Have been thinking the same thing for a few days now. If only we could get good performance out of both jack and vicks- no doubt it will translate into wins

He does it tomorrow he won't get a touch given the wet conditions.

Needs to play in front and get back to basics. Needs to lead in the corridor and get his hands on the footy take a few marks on the lead get his hand eye co-ordination in sync and the rest of the flashy things like speccies and goals through his anus will come.

I just wonder we are 3-5 and with a 2010 or first half of 2011 Jack right now we would be 6-2 or better. Lift your game freckles.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S