Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 471830 times)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3810 on: July 05, 2022, 11:25:59 AM »
Dark clouds everywhere but I see patches of blue sky , if Jack doesn’t retire we would still need to draft a couple of key forwards , if he does someone to hold the fort for a year or two while the kids develop .
Other sides manage a mini rebuild without bottoming out, no reason we can’t but will need some clever recruiting

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3811 on: July 09, 2022, 07:45:57 PM »
Love ya Jack but that was arguably one of the worst games you've played. Especially after Lynch went off we needed leadership
 and a steady head in the forward line and as a target down the line yet we instead got far too many unrealistic flies that gifted Collins free kicks. Not good enough from a senior player.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #3812 on: July 09, 2022, 07:53:21 PM »
💩
The club that keeps giving.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3813 on: July 09, 2022, 07:57:59 PM »
No not his fault. He was surrounded by useless small forwards tonight.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3814 on: July 09, 2022, 08:17:29 PM »
Love ya Jack but that was arguably one of the worst games you've played. Especially after Lynch went off we needed leadership
 and a steady head in the forward line and as a target down the line yet we instead got far too many unrealistic flies that gifted Collins free kicks. Not good enough from a senior player.

Still gets on the end of a lead and crumbs from time to time but IMO is uncompetitive in a 1:1 marking contest.

If he's on a lead he's OK.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3815 on: July 09, 2022, 11:04:44 PM »
I agree was very poor. Is serviceable as a second option but as the No.1 option, he’s past his time.

Too many times he goes for a speccy because he doesn’t have the hops to jump above his opponent and ends up giving away free kicks.

Small forwards were poor but so was he.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3816 on: July 09, 2022, 11:41:56 PM »
Agree with this, although kicked 3, including what should have been a very big goal in the last. 
Go Tigers!

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3817 on: July 10, 2022, 12:39:22 AM »
Beggars can't be choosers and hes all we have not Jacks fault thats down to list management and mc.

When you sit and think about it no Lynch and Jack has two or even three to contend with realistically he should not have got a sniff of it.

Next week i hope Balta is fit to play fwd/ruck  and they also play Gibcus as the third tall fwd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3818 on: July 12, 2022, 07:16:26 PM »
Some ripper stories from Jack Riewoldt about his childhood and football career in this week’s ep.

A real pleasure chatting with the @Richmond_FC champ.

Open spotify link here: https://twitter.com/AlisterNicho/status/1546632700525965312

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3819 on: July 14, 2022, 03:58:52 PM »
Dimma recalled Jack putting his hand up in the review meeting and admitting to the group that he didn't get his job done. Dimma said owning up is what you expect from a leader of our club like Jack.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3820 on: July 14, 2022, 04:47:14 PM »
Fair call , but there is pattern to what's happening it's not a one off issue.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3821 on: July 16, 2022, 10:45:47 PM »
Richmond immortal and deserves to make the call himself but for me looks like it’s time to pull the pin.

Surprised no posts on here, he can barely get off the ground anymore.

I know people will say well he has to play on because we don’t have any other options. To me that doesn’t matter anymore. Play any tall we have there in his place or draft/trade for one or just play a small forward line.

I didn’t watch the second half of the game because I was so disgusted at the first half but I did tune back in for the last 2 mins (wish I hadn’t) and I saw Cumberland take a very strong contested mark in a pack of like 10 players. Don’t think jack has that in him anymore so worst case I’d play Cumberland with Lynch.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3822 on: July 16, 2022, 10:53:58 PM »
I'm unsure about this call. I am a huge Jack fan but am totally fine with him being in his twlight and if he retired I'd be OK with it.

He still had 6 shots on goal today as our main KP forward, which he shouldn't be. Jack has played over 300 games and needs to be 3rd or 2nd forward. I'd still have Jack for next year if his body holds up. Needs Lynch playing.

Had 16 touches, 8 marks, 8 shots on goal. I don't think they are stats of someone who is finished. Goal kicking accuracy was hugely costly but I don't think moving Jack on will improve us at all.

Go Tigers!

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3823 on: July 16, 2022, 11:37:07 PM »
Wouldn't give him a contact trying to be to cute and selfish at times.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3824 on: July 17, 2022, 01:03:44 AM »
Said it a few times he's cooked. Can't compete in the air or in a 1:1 tussle. Always looking for a cheap bounce, a silly tap or handball etc. A shadow of the competitive beast he used to be. Sometimes turns in on for a quarter here and there but never a sustained 4 quarter effort.

Time to target a KPF like Fogarty and retire Jack to the HOF.