Author Topic: Round 1: Tiges vs Carlton / v Carlton (Team)  (Read 7926 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Round 1: Tiges vs Carlton
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 04:20:26 PM »
Mark Robinson from the Hun said on SEN today that if we can beat Carlton in round 1 it will be a HUGE win for us. 

letsgetiton!

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 05:53:19 PM »
Mark Robinson from the Hun said on SEN today that if we can beat Carlton in round 1 it will be a HUGE win for us. 

he is wrong the OE

if we win its because we should win
if we lose it will be a big dissappointment

Bulluss

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 10:16:23 PM »
I think that Mark Robinson knows his stuff.

I will be there barracking as hard as i do week in, week out but dont think we will beat them.

Moi

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 10:30:52 PM »
He is a first class jerk  :wallywink
Can't remember exactly what it was about, but he got an abusive email off me after something he wrote about Jack Dyer.
I would take anything this bloke said as complete and utter garbage.
Besides, he's a Bombers supporter  :wallywink

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 10:46:10 PM »
Meh, couldnt care less about MR.  Another Bomber bullshiter.

It should be a regulation win for us and nothing more.
EAT EM ALIVE!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 08:36:10 AM »

I will be there barracking as hard as i do week in, week out but dont think we will beat them.

HEY BULL

why does he know his stuff, he is a dumb sh it
now will it be a big win 4 us because the blues are the pre season tossers

let me explain something simple to you

our list this yr is improved on last yr
last yr we just missed teh 8
last yr the blues came last
THAT MEANS WE SHOULD BE EXPECTED TO WIN, AND IF WE LOSE ITS A BIG DISSAPPOINTENT
now lets really analyse pre season form

the tigers : used the whole pre season for experimental purposes and got better as weeks went by

the blues: beat the bumbers, the dawks, the roos(lucky) and a baby lions outfit

now they beat all the bottom sh it teams of last yr , cos they took the comp seriously and played their best side possible

pre season means nothing, come round 1, they will get the shock of their lives cos there is no way we will screw up rnd 1 like last yr again.

blues r pre season show ponies and thats it

Bulluss

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 09:37:32 AM »
our list this yr is improved on last yr

I agree with you X that our list has improved, BUT

I dont think that we have improved as much as some other clubs and i think we will take a backward step this year before going back forward again in 08.

I do think we are a better team than Carlton but they are better prepared than we are at this stage and will certainly be favourites Rd1. Anyone with half a brain could see that.

As for not stuffing up Rd1, our club has a strong history of under performing and at this stage i cant see that changing.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 10:17:12 AM »
we used to perform really well rnd1 when we played the pies, dont worry the boys will be pumped up for this game
btw bull, how can u say
I dont think that we have improved as much as some other clubs and i think we will take a backward step this year before going back forward again in 08.

the season has not started so how can u say that
dont base ur judgement just on pre season form, pre season games are a waste of time esp nab cup games

Bulluss

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 10:52:21 AM »
Suppose its just a matter of opinion.

It's my view that we wont get as much improvement out our list this season as other clubs, a lot of our younger players are still atleast a season off from actually becoming consistent performers on a regular basis.

The perfect example is the Bulldogs, they have about 8 players who have been there for 6-7 years and they have only just over the last season or so started to perform a decent level on a weekly basis.

If you take it from that, then we are probably atleast two season away from getting close to that.

And in saying that other teams will improve more than us this season doesnt imply that they will be better than us, i am saying that Carlton may improve 10% and we may only improve 5 %.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 11:12:57 AM »
I think the football community, generally, is reading far too much into Carlton's pre-season form and it's relationship on the home and away season.

As said above by X, if you look at who they actually beat over the pre-season, and how they went about it, they shouldn't be automatically installed as favourites to beat us in round one.I watched most of their matches, and I wasn't impressed by the standard of their play. As the saying goes, it will be a whole new ball game in round one.The real footy is about to start

Looking at the two projected sides on paper, I believe that we are the better side. They will certainly have gained confidence from their win, yet they could also be ripe for the picking, and well overdue for a loss.

If Richo plays, then I think we'll win. Simmo probably won't play, but Carlton don't have the ruck strength to capitalise on that.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 11:28:08 AM »
Juicier the odds the better, keep up the hype.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 11:45:52 AM »
gordon bennet

we were definatley watching the same games because i saw it the same
i could not believe teh blues were actually winning as tehy made many many skill errors and turned teh ball over frequently. but then you see who they played against and the picture is much clearer

btw bull
imo, the dogs will slide this yr. they have been worked out, and their list isnt that gr8.
aker and mcdougall wont help them at all
dont be shocked when the dogs finish bottom 6

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 01:02:49 PM »
Listening to SEN last evening driving home David Schwarz has Carlton finishing 8th :gobdrop and the Tigers taking out the Wooden Spoon  :gobdrop 

Gotta do this --->   :ROTFL :ROTFL :jump

;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 01:10:48 PM »
the  ox is a wan ker
he changes his opinion about richmond every 2 weeks
he just goes with teh flow and is not an ox but a sheep

Bulluss

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2007, 01:16:42 PM »
Rumour has it the MJS will be making his return to footy this season in Rd 1  :thumbsup

What a surprise that it happens to coincide with us playing Carlton, wonder if he will be sitting in the Carlton section or the Richmond section.  :shh

How many tickets do you have MJS? One or Two?  :shh

:gotigers