Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 243840 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2007, 04:55:08 PM »
he knows the AFL will jump straight on top of him if he re-offends).

You mean like they are now.
lol

It's true the RFC hasn't said no but with sponsors and the federal government on the AFL's back, the AFL want to wash to their hands of Cousins for good.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2007, 06:09:55 PM »
Oopsy - Take a pass on that 1

Ox

« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »
I'm passing now...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2007, 10:06:53 PM »
Cousins in five-day cocaine binge
November 9, 2007 | The Age

Fallen West Coast Eagles star Ben Cousins was rushed to hospital in Los Angeles last week after a five-day cocaine binge, the Nine Network reported this evening.

Channel Nine reported that an emergency call to the Hermosa Beach Police Department last week described a 29 year-old man "on cocaine not acting right".

Later, the caller, Susie Ela, who Cousins was staying with, added "the man has been on cocaine for the past five days".

Nine said Cousins had been staying at a woman's apartment in the Los Angeles suburb of Hermosa Beach.

He arrived on Saturday, October 27 and the call was made on the following Wednesday at 5.13am local time.

The woman told the operator a 29-year-old male on cocaine "was not acting right but was breathing and conscious", according to the official ambulance call sheet.

She also said the man had been on cocaine for the past five days, according to Nine.

"He's not being violent. He's just scared," she said.

An ambulance and two officers arrived and the man was taken to the Little Company of Mary Hospital, according to Nine.

The hospital has confirmed Cousins was a patient, the network reported.

It was during his son's stay in hospital that Bryan Cousins told reporters Ben wasn't missing, as reports had claimed, but was "receiving treatment at an appropriate facility".

It is believed Cousins' father Bryan then flew to Los Angeles to bring his son back to Australia.

The pair flew out on Sunday night, arriving in Sydney on Tuesday  morning. From there, Cousins is believed to have been taken to Canberra to stay with family friends.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/11/09/1194329502301.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2007, 10:37:47 PM »
Goodbye comeback.

Cousins needs to be locked away from his so-called "friends".

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2007, 11:33:11 PM »
he needs to get off the gear and stop causing his damn parents so much grief....

hows about grow up Ben.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2007, 05:45:36 AM »
With apologies to J.J. Cale ;)

Teammate's talking to the mob at home
Make sure the cops ain't tapping the phone, cocaine
And if your driving cuz
Don't run from the fuzz, cocaine
She don’t lie
She don’t lie
She don’t lie, cocaine

Well if you’ve had bad news
Your captain has joined the Blues, cocaine
And if it's no longer outrageous
When a teammate flatlines in Vegas, cocaine
She don’t lie
She don’t lie
She don’t lie, cocaine

5-day binges ain't heaven
When a blonde chick's phoning 911, cocaine
And you rather catch a cab
Than spend 2 days in rehab, cocaine
She don’t lie
She don’t lie
She don’t lie, cocaine

Reality is gone but you just
Got to play on, cocaine
But don’t forget this fact
You just can’t get footy career back, cocaine

She don’t lie
She don’t lie
She don’t lie, cocaine

Such is life
Such is life
Such is life, cocaine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2007, 05:50:07 AM »
he needs to get off the gear and stop causing his damn parents so much grief....

hows about grow up Ben.
He does although easier said than done as ICE is highly addictive and it's hard to get clean.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2007, 07:08:25 AM »
cousins has big problems and has had these for a very long time

some ppl /many ppl find cigarettes hard to shake off, so a drug addiction is not as easy to shake off as many think

problem is many ppl on drugs dont even think they have a problem, they think non drug users are the problem and have no idea on what they are missing and life

until cuz can admit to himels that he has a problem , nothing will change.  usually you have to hit rock bottom b4 u realise this. maybe cuz is on the verge or has hit rock bottom now

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2007, 08:36:35 AM »
Yes I agree - I don't think Cousins has admitted he's got a problem.  His half-baked attitude to rehab is proof of that.   Going to the States wasn't a very good idea. 

Moi

« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2007, 10:39:45 AM »
Quite tragic.
I'm doing an about turn - starting to feel sorry for him.
Doesn't mean I want him at the Tiges lol
I'm guessing the ice can erase memories of losing a mate and the circumstances of how you lost a mate, but I really don't want to see another young person in a box!

richmondrules

« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2007, 10:46:44 AM »
Very sad. I feel very sorry for him and his family. Just hope he can turn it around before any permanent damage is done. Horrible thing to happen to a person.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2007, 03:13:31 PM »
Cousins may face criminal charges
November 10, 2007 - 9:53AM

Ben Cousins may face criminal charges in the US after the drug binge that left him unconscious and hospitalised in Los Angeles for three days.

Cousins' female companion in Los Angeles, Susie Ela, who frantically called an ambulance for the disgraced AFL star, could also face scrutiny from US authorities.

Sergeant Paul Wolcott of the Hermosa Beach Police Department, south of Los Angeles, said the case remained open and further enquiries may take place.

"I would say there is the potential for a follow-up," Sgt Wolcott told AAP.

Cousins, 29, jetted into Los Angeles on October 27 for what was thought to be a second stint at Malibu's Summit Centre drug rehabilitation facility, but the former Brownlow Medallist and West Coast Eagles captain went off the rails.

Ela, who picked Cousins up at LA International Airport in a Mercedes-Benz sports car, called the US 911 emergency number on October 31 at 5.13am requesting medical treatment for Cousins.

Paramedics from the Hermosa Beach Fire Department, along with two Hermosa Beach police officers, arrived at her multi-million-dollar home.

According to the official emergency call sheet, Ms Ela told the operator "a 29-year-old male on cocaine was not acting right, but (was) breathing and unconscious".

She then told the operator that he "had been on cocaine for the past five days. He's not being violent. He's just scared".

Cousins was transported to LA's Little Company of Mary Hospital where he spent three days.

Sgt Wolcott said when officers are called to a potential drug overdose, the victim's welfare is the top priority.

But, he said, the case was not closed.

If the police officers had seen evidence of illegal activities, or drug residue or paraphernalia at Ms Ela's home, they would have taken appropriate action.

Sgt Wolcott added that the illegal drug taking could have taken place at a location other than Ms Ela's home.

"Just because the person was taken from that location or the 911 call occurred at that location, it does not necessarily mean that's where it was ingested," Sgt Wolcott said.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/cousins-may-face-criminal-charges/2007/11/10/1194329548794.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2007, 03:21:58 PM »
problem is many ppl on drugs dont even think they have a problem, they think non drug users are the problem and have no idea on what they are missing and life

until cuz can admit to himels that he has a problem , nothing will change.  usually you have to hit rock bottom b4 u realise this. maybe cuz is on the verge or has hit rock bottom now
True X.

The way things are going though he may be found dead before he genuinely admits he has a problem. It's all just a sheer waste.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2007, 06:01:16 PM »
i have just spent some time with a close friend in Perth with the same problem as Ben, but unfortunately he doesnt have the money to seek the rehab that ben has been afforded.

This has been going on for way longer than just the last 2  or so years...in actual fact it dates back to when he started at the club. :shh

My friend has spent many a night in the company of ben and his so called friends  doing stuff that even blew my mind, and i have seen and been in some situations before, sorry he has been pandered too for to long.

its is his parents that i feel for...not him and no one forced to take the drugs...
i do truly hope he can get back on track but he is a lot worse than any of us have been led to believe....a lot worse....