Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 212770 times)

Tigermonk

Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 12:54:25 PM »
yep sure would draft him
his a champion & always will be on the footy field
his personal buisness = care factor 0

as for that this is my last post l'm out of here cheers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 01:02:05 PM »
We all said the same great things about Akermanis last year Hellenic.  He did very little for the Doggies.
Be stupid to draft him.

Doggies are a different kettle of fish and Aker just does not know when to keep his mouth shut. I accept it is a huge risk but one I would be willing to take. If you had Guy Richards up against Ben Cousins you won't do worse by picking Ben.

Moi

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 01:30:34 PM »
yep sure would draft him
his a champion & always will be on the footy field

as for that this is my last post l'm out of here cheers
See ya

richmondrules

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 01:52:12 PM »

Problem is it doesn't stay personal. Have you noticed what's happening to the WCE lately? We're not talking about having the odd smoke here. ICE is in an entirely different league of dependency.

Bull

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 02:01:15 PM »
Polak has been ok, we could do worse than Cousins.

Doubt it will happen though.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 04:18:52 PM »
I'd take him

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 07:42:09 PM »
coud his return be any worse than Kingsley? A hand y 38th player on the list if he can contain his issues. Yes for me.
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 10:01:45 PM »
I would take him if available but with strict conditions in his contract. If he breaks them....eff him off otherwise I'd love to see him play for us. A player in the NRL was in the same position as ben and he was picked up by another club with strict conditions in the contract and had a pretty good season for his new club. Ben is a class player and we need some of that class at them moment but as others have said, there will be very little chance that he will be in the PSD this year anyway.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 10:25:12 PM »
The risk of reoffending  for just a 2-3 year return on-field would scare clubs off. No one will risk having their club in the media for the wrong reasons and risk losing major sponsorships. Sadly Cousins has screwed up his football career for good.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 07:57:07 AM »
Cousins has been in and out of trouble since 2002.  Do we really need someone like that at Richmond?  Do you think the sponsors would like that?  Bad enough when TAC pulled the pin over the Schultz incident.

retygas

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 09:30:39 AM »
I would not even consider taking him even if he was offered for free. He's a druggy pure and simple and he wont be changing a thing. He has gone to America to make it look good so he doesn't end up in jail just where he actually belongs. Someone said put him under strict conditions. Well isn't that what the Drug Coast did when he made his return. And what they got was him sticking his finger up at them. We don't need his type of culture at our club. He thinks he's above the law as most druggies do. I for one will not miss hearing his name on the footy feild. And I'm in total agreeance with the Del Santo'p parent in them wanting cousins to hand back the Brownlow and give it to the rightful owner of it in Nick.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 09:57:55 AM »
And I'm in total agreeance with the Del Santo'p parent in them wanting cousins to hand back the Brownlow and give it to the rightful owner of it in Nick.
I hadn't heard that said but I'm not in agreeance if it was.
In any case, if it were to happen then wouldn't the rightful recipient be Daniel Kerr who finished 2nd behind Cousins and ahead of Dal Santo?  ???
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2007, 10:09:01 AM »
He's a druggy pure and simple and he wont be changing a thing. He has gone to America to make it look good so he doesn't end up in jail just where he actually belongs.

Why should he be in jail? What has he done to deserve being incarcerated?
If every 'druggy' was put in jail retygas, there wouldn't be too many people left to run the place. I suspect that this forum would have a lot less contributors also!

[In any case, if it were to happen then wouldn't the rightful recipient be Daniel Kerr who finished 2nd behind Cousins and ahead of Dal Santo?  ???

FF, I think Daniel Kerr once met someone who knew someone that took an ecstacy pill, & according to some on here, that would not only make him ineligible for the Brownlow, but a candidate for a jail term.

I would pick Cousins up and give him a try, that bloke can play footy, Dale Weightman can sort out the 'social' issues that he has..
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2007, 10:25:29 AM »
This is an issue I just cant decide on. Sure a footballer of his ability would be welcome but I am worried about our very young list. Would his football skills have a positive affect on our young guys or his problmes have a neagtive effect. I just dont know as I am not in the Football department of the RFC. Maybe somebody from inside could give give me answer on these questions and then I might be able to decide.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Moi

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2007, 10:45:19 AM »
I think Kerr had been suspended during the year, Fish.