Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 218235 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2007, 03:15:31 AM »
No home for Cousins at Tigerland
Karen Lyon | October 28, 2007

RICHMOND has distanced itself from any speculation surrounding former West Coast captain Ben Cousins, saying it has not even considered recruiting the 2005 Brownlow medallist to Punt Road.

Rumours have been rife in recent days about Richmond's possible interest in Cousins, who last week flew to Los Angeles for further treatment at a drug rehabilitation clinic.

However yesterday, Tigers football manager Greg Miller said the club had not even considered the issue of recruiting Cousins, who was deregistered by the AFL after being sacked by the Eagles this month.

"Ben Cousins hasn't been discussed at match committee and it hasn't been discussed at board level," Miller said yesterday.

While Miller did not unequivocally rule out selecting Cousins in any forthcoming draft, he showed little interest in selecting the premiership midfielder.

And the entire debate could be pointless with the AFL Commission reported to be considering charging Cousins with bringing the game into disrepute when it meets on November 19 and 20.

"It's not even worth discussing," Miller said. "Why would we even think about it … ?"

Richmond, which holds the No. 1 pick in the pre-season draft to be held on December 11, has been linked to Cousins with speculation the Tigers could place him on the long-term injury list for the 2008 season and he could return in 2009 at the age of 30.

The selection will allow the Tigers to take the best uncontracted player in the country, and should Cousins make his way into the draft he would certainly be that marquee player.

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/no-cousins-for-tigerland/2007/10/27/1192941400660.html

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2007, 07:26:06 AM »
miller is still remaining active  :lol

Quote from: julzqld
link=topic=6105.msg78756#msg78756 date=1193435508
He'll be lucky if he lives to 37 the way he's going.

hey julz for a "supposed/alleged" drug addict, ben looks in pretty damn gr8 shape

it sallegend he has been mucking around with ice and crystal meth for around 6 years now. thats a load of bull, have u ever seen an ice /meth user before, they look like death and wasted away.

i was at a function last night and caught up with an old mate who works for  vic police. he is in CSI.  unfortunately i cannot disclose what i know but i can tell you his problems are  not addiction , its far beyond that, and even he told me, the WA police dont believe cuz is an addict

from what he told me, even though i would really like to see ben at rfc, i have now changed my mind. best we keep our distance from him

if ben does not live to 37, it wont be because of a drug or or addiction

Tigermonk

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2007, 11:42:47 AM »
That's a bitchin' avatar Monk.

Is she for real?

Such gorgeous facial features.

;D yeah dont know what it is but its had botox in the lips & some real fangs put in
Tattoos all over its body its for real alright

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2007, 11:50:11 AM »
miller is still remaining active  :lol

Quote from: julzqld
link=topic=6105.msg78756#msg78756 date=1193435508
He'll be lucky if he lives to 37 the way he's going.

hey julz for a "supposed/alleged" drug addict, ben looks in pretty damn gr8 shape

it sallegend he has been mucking around with ice and crystal meth for around 6 years now. thats a load of bull, have u ever seen an ice /meth user before, they look like death and wasted away.

i was at a function last night and caught up with an old mate who works for  vic police. he is in CSI.  unfortunately i cannot disclose what i know but i can tell you his problems are  not addiction , its far beyond that, and even he told me, the WA police dont believe cuz is an addict

from what he told me, even though i would really like to see ben at rfc, i have now changed my mind. best we keep our distance from him

if ben does not live to 37, it wont be because of a drug or or addiction

Interesting post.

BTW Ben is not in great physical shape.

He has rarely had soft tissue injuries through his career but had some major hamstring issues late in the season...

He will not play again IMO.

Tigermonk

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2007, 12:09:48 PM »
Cousins is a champion & he will play again next year

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2007, 02:47:07 PM »
yes ... he still is one of the best players in the competition !!!

Passionfruit

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2007, 03:10:16 PM »
We got Polak to Punt Road, why not Cous? :)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2007, 03:17:32 PM »

Because Polak wasnt as out of control as COusins.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »
personally if there is even a 1% chance he is available then wallace and co would grab. anything that may give them an extra 3/4 wins.

There probabaly thinking how are we going to save their jobs because in all seriousness if we finish last they should go, at least miller anyway.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Passionfruit

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2007, 04:31:02 PM »

Is that right ::)
Cousins got caught by the law. leave it at that!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2007, 06:49:33 PM »
Geez rehab in the States must be tough. Cousins was picked up by two blondes in a merc at the airport  :D. Hutchy was hiding in the boot  ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2007, 06:59:22 PM »
Interesting post.

BTW Ben is not in great physical shape.

He has rarely had soft tissue injuries through his career but had some major hamstring issues late in the season...

He will not play again IMO.
Yep as Kane Cornes said Cousins hadn't done the necessary work and it showed by him doing his hammy more than once. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2007, 08:16:53 PM »

Is that right ::)
Cousins got caught by the law. leave it at that!

pee off Jack.  You love stirring things up when you know they aren't true just to put a Richmond player down.

Notice I said he wasnt "as" out of control.

He had a decent problem but it goes no where near to the level Cousins was/is it.

I've spoken to a few people about him, while bad, no where near the Cousins level.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Passionfruit

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2007, 08:27:10 PM »
What is true according to AFL law and rules that Cousins hasnt tested positive to anything( been tested over 20 times)  , unlike several other players who have ;) FACT!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2007, 08:37:55 PM »
What is true according to AFL law and rules that Cousins hasnt tested positive to anything( been tested over 20 times)  , unlike several other players who have ;) FACT!

Onviously who we are talking about is no where near as sly as Cousins and I hope he's having a quiet off-season in Melbourne away from his mates who call him "Buckets" for a reason.  :rollin 
EAT EM ALIVE!