Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 216552 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #1335 on: September 05, 2010, 02:36:26 AM »
Ben Cousins to star in new footy show
Nui Te Koha
Sunday Herald Sun
September 05, 2010

BEN Cousins will star in a prime-time footy show debuting on Channel 7 on Thursday.

Cousins will deliver expert analysis on Game Day Prime Time, assisted by regular Sunday Game Day host Hamish McLachlan and co-hosts Tom Harley and Matthew Richardson.

Former Bulldog star and controversial commentator Jason Akermanis will feature in a segment titled Aker Attack.

The Cousins casting confirms his status as a rising multimedia star who has hit the ground running since quitting football two weeks ago.

Harley said Cousins would deliver a new dimension to the show.

"It's fair to say he'll bring the wow factor," Harley said.

"What's been lost in all this is that Ben Cousins is an elite football mind.

"He is very charismatic and presents very well."

Lewis Martin, of Channel 7, said: "The Game Day team has delivered fans the latest on AFL with plenty of spirit, fun, knowledge and passion on Sunday mornings for three years.

"It stands to reason they go into prime time in September."

Game Day Prime Time will screen at 7.30pm on Thursdays during the AFL finals series.

In other developments, Cousins will be thrust into a rock star domain and do in-store appearances in Melbourne and Perth to promote his documentary, Such Is Life. Talks have begun to find an appropriate Melbourne shopping mall to accommodate the number of fans expected at the in-stores.

He will do the appearances mid-September.

Newly single Cousins hit the party circuit with Such Is Life producer Michael Gudinski on Friday.

Cousins split with Maylea Tinecheff about two weeks ago.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/sunday-heraldsun/ben-for-new-footy-show/story-e6frf92x-1225914281320

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1336 on: September 09, 2010, 02:13:19 AM »
RECENTLY retired Richmond onballer Ben Cousins starts the next phase of his life when he makes his debut on Channel 7's Game Day Prime Time today at 7.30pm. The controversial footballer said he was looking forward to talking footy from the other side....

Source: Herald-Sun, pg 85

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1337 on: September 10, 2010, 03:22:59 AM »
RECENTLY retired Richmond onballer Ben Cousins starts the next phase of his life when he makes his debut on Channel 7's Game Day Prime Time today at 7.30pm. The controversial footballer said he was looking forward to talking footy from the other side....

Source: Herald-Sun, pg 85
Cuz did well last night on the show. Looks like he'll be involved in some way with the RFC in 2011 too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1338 on: September 10, 2010, 09:00:17 PM »
Looks like he'll be involved in some way with the RFC in 2011 too.

Unofficially.

Good to hear him say he's trying to maintain some sort of structure and has started running again already.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1339 on: September 11, 2010, 08:54:58 AM »
Looks like he'll be involved in some way with the RFC in 2011 too.

Unofficially.

Good to hear him say he's trying to maintain some sort of structure and has started running again already.

I reckon he would make a great runner on match day.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1340 on: December 10, 2010, 10:35:04 PM »
TROUBLED ex-footballer Ben Cousins has been benched as Nova footy expert.

The self-confessed drug addict and retired Tiger won't be back next year, after network bosses did not renew his contract.

Hawk hunk Luke Hodge will step into Cousins' shoes in the Monday morning slot.

Nova general manager Sam Thompson said the move had nothing to do with Cousins' very public fall from grace and battles with drugs.

"Ben has been so professional the whole time he has been with us and is a fabulous person to work with," she said.

"The way we've always done the footy section of the show is to have current players reporting, who is actually experiencing the games and can tell it how it actually was."

Hodge will share the mike with Collingwood's Dale Thomas.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/ben-cousins-dropped-from-nova-team/story-e6frf96x-1225968677762

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1341 on: December 10, 2010, 10:44:10 PM »
TROUBLED ex-footballer Ben Cousins has been benched as Nova footy expert.

The self-confessed drug addict and retired Tiger won't be back next year, after network bosses did not renew his contract.

Hawk hunk Luke Hodge will step into Cousins' shoes in the Monday morning slot.

Nova general manager Sam Thompson said the move had nothing to do with Cousins' very public fall from grace and battles with drugs.

"Ben has been so professional the whole time he has been with us and is a fabulous person to work with," she said.

"The way we've always done the footy section of the show is to have current players reporting, who is actually experiencing the games and can tell it how it actually was."

Hodge will share the mike with Collingwood's Dale Thomas.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/ben-cousins-dropped-from-nova-team/story-e6frf96x-1225968677762
that is a bummer cuzzy come back to tiger land and help teh new boys (conca) preform like you

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1342 on: February 18, 2011, 02:38:39 AM »
Ben Cousins' search for fresh goals
Jon Ralph
Herald Sun
February 18, 2011

A REFRESHED and fit Ben Cousins has returned to live in Perth but will be in Melbourne to watch his former side Richmond take on Carlton in the AFL season opener.

Cousins has just returned from a month-long surfing trip in Thailand, designed to help him clear his mind and focus on the next chapter of his life.

His absence from public life had allowed rumours to circulate about how Cousins was coping with life after football.

But manager Carlie Merenda said Cousins was in excellent physical and mental shape and excited about coming projects in business and the media.

He will complete the 19.7km Rottnest swim in a group of four on February 26, having thrown himself into swimming after retirement from football.

He is likely to spend at least the next year in Perth, despite saying at one stage he needed to stay away from his home state and its temptations. The 32-year-old will not play football this year despite overtures from Victorian sides Balwyn and Torquay.

"He's been away for a month or so in Thailand, which he needed after the season to work out what this year held for him, because it's been hard for him to get a moment's break and he is constantly watched," Merenda said.

"He's been watched for 15 years and we know the rumours start, but he is doing extremely well.

"He wouldn't be doing this swim if he wasn't. He is being very honest about the challenges in front of him and he knows they are always going to be there, so he needs to keep himself occupied.

"He is back and will do the swim and is in Perth for at least the next six to 12 months and looking at his work opportunities."

Cousins is fielding offers for media work and is determined to keep himself active as he copes after 15 seasons in AFL football.

"He needs to settle into life after football and there are opportunities presenting themselves work-wise," Merenda said. "He is really getting his feet back on the ground."

In his autobiography last year, Cousins wrote of the challenges ahead of him after football.

"My future is about permanent vigilance: how I watch out for signs of danger, and how I counteract them. How I'm going to harness my need for adrenaline is the main thing," he wrote. "Beyond that, there will always be the spectre of relapse. I'm a drug addict. It's never behind you. But the most lasting benefit from my trouble was the self-knowledge that came with it."

Cousins spent two years at Richmond after being thrown a lifeline by coach Terry Wallace, and is keen to watch both of his former sides play live this year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ben-cousins-search-for-fresh-goals/story-e6frf9jf-1226007840192

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1343 on: February 18, 2011, 07:05:48 AM »
Am I the only one in OER land who after watching the Ben Cousins documentary just lost all interest in him.

I just want to forget the Cousins era. It was an absolute soul destroying debacle. 11 wins in 44 games.

Having said that-I do have a good feeling about the future.

Unleash the tornado

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1344 on: February 18, 2011, 11:15:05 AM »
Am I the only one in OER land who after watching the Ben Cousins documentary just lost all interest in him.

I just want to forget the Cousins era. It was an absolute soul destroying debacle. 11 wins in 44 games.

You're not alone. Most overhyped event in recent history and given where we were at should never have been recruited in the first place.

Far more excited about moving forward with a skilled & youthful team than having a player well past his prime on our list.

The media is still infatuated with him. :P

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1345 on: February 20, 2011, 12:49:43 PM »

make that two!

FNM

« Reply #1346 on: February 20, 2011, 01:03:15 PM »
I found it fascinating, that someone could bring himself out of an abyss of hell and turn his life around
Drugs and other addictions are bloody hard to get over [says she who gave up the smokes for two years and is now back on them]  :banghead
He increased membership for the club, had a few ups and downs while he was here, but for me it was a positive and not a negative, because the club in itself managed the whole saga well IMO, for a change.
It didn't hurt the club's reputation - in fact, I think they got a lot of credos out of having him here
And Ben, well, it's up to him now on his own, but he got a good kickstart back to good health and lifestyle by being with us IMO.
I wish him well

jackstar is back again

« Reply #1347 on: February 20, 2011, 01:45:23 PM »
bought an extra 10,000 members to the club,  :thumbsup

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1348 on: February 20, 2011, 02:38:51 PM »
bought an extra 10,000 members to the club,  :thumbsup

Sure did,I was one of those 10,000 members.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1349 on: February 20, 2011, 03:39:09 PM »
I found it fascinating, that someone could bring himself out of an abyss of hell and turn his life around
Drugs and other addictions are bloody hard to get over [says she who gave up the smokes for two years and is now back on them]  :banghead
He increased membership for the club, had a few ups and downs while he was here, but for me it was a positive and not a negative, because the club in itself managed the whole saga well IMO, for a change.
It didn't hurt the club's reputation - in fact, I think they got a lot of credos out of having him here
And Ben, well, it's up to him now on his own, but he got a good kickstart back to good health and lifestyle by being with us IMO.
I wish him well

I have his book and was amazed at the depth of his addiction! However, i wonder how people with the same addiction go about rehabilitation when they do not have the financial or family resources that Cuz had! Maybe he could a foundation for such cases?