Author Topic: Wallace to be Coach  (Read 5447 times)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Wallace to be Coach
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2004, 11:07:00 AM »
Wallace was on WLF last night.

He’s being very tactful and careful in what he says, as all candidates would be, and isn't giving anything away, which is fair enough.

He believes that he will be coaching next year, but won’t be deciding anything until all positions available become clear.

He will take the emotion out of the decision and will make a business decision on which Club he goes to.  One of his main requirements is that he be on the same wave-length with that Club, i.e. they have similar views in the direction the Club should take, which is understandable.

Asked about recruiting players, he said he preferred to remain flexible about drafting experienced players to a Club.

At this stage, he has only had a coffee with Greg Miller.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline gustiger12

• Tiger Rookie
  • unleash the passion
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2004, 12:39:32 AM »
What is it with wallace , we have to thoroughly look at all options, he is not the be all and end all, i predicted weeks ago that wallace would go to hawks following schwabs resignation, he will go there i reckon, with ayres possibly.
Eade is not such a bad prospect but we need to look all over not just the obvious too many people are banking on wallace to resurrect us, if he does get appointed and fails god so many supporters will calling for heads to roll, so settle back guys and lets hope we get this appointment right.

If he is not such a good deal then why are the Hawks and Crows chasing him as well.  Personally i think either Wallace or Eade would be both good coaches but I favour Wallace for several reason.

1.  He did more with less at the Bulldogs;
2.  He is more media savy (= sponsorship dollars)
3.  The player at the Dogs loved him

Ox

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2004, 12:56:25 AM »
True Agustine Tiger.

We'll find out soon i think.

Offline tigers80

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2004, 02:26:54 AM »
eade would do just as good a job, terry loves the self promotion, so many supporters crawling up his backside thinking he is some sort of fricking saviour.

Offline gustiger12

• Tiger Rookie
  • unleash the passion
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2004, 11:36:24 PM »
eade would do just as good a job, terry loves the self promotion, so many supporters crawling up his backside thinking he is some sort of fricking saviour.

That another plus the self promotion is what sponsors are looking for.  Surely that must be a +

Offline gustiger12

• Tiger Rookie
  • unleash the passion
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2004, 05:23:44 PM »
Plough must surely be having second thoughts about Hawthorn after today ;D ;D

Come on get onboard the Tiger bandwagon

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2004, 09:48:51 PM »
With schwab now saying he will do whats best for the club even if that means walking and getting replaced asap i am worried that they will get wallace.

Even though walalce said he wont take over mid year that will be interesting.
wrenny

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2004, 10:29:27 PM »
If Schwab walked now I would very much doubt Wallace, Eade or whoever is in the running would step in. It would more likely be one of their assistant coaches as happened in Adelaide and us with Geischen taking over from Walls.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2004, 11:13:07 PM »
If Schwabb walked early i bet Dermie would step in and if he went ok............. :thumbsup

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2004, 10:50:30 AM »
Not sure of why people think wallace did better with less
The Dogs may have lacked key position quality but they had one of the best if not best
running/midfield divisions in the afl...

There is also a massive question on his ability to recruit , if people
think the recruiting and list devlopment of frawley has been bad look at the dogs under
wallace...

At least Frawley had the good sense to get rid of Aaron James , guess which club then thought it a good idea
to pick him up?

You have only to look at Wallaces comments regarding Schulz , he has no idea about talls.

He is a good coach but nothing more...

I would prefer Eade or GoD
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 10:52:49 AM by harry bosch »

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2004, 01:12:01 PM »
Yeh i heard wallace didnt do that well while eade helped recruiting the likes of goodes, crouch, kirk, j.bolton all guys that are now established afl players. I want eade more than wallace. He will succeed more because he isnt overrated like wallace is. People think he is messiah. Im sure that eade has learned from his mistakes and the hunger is still there. And with him and miller in charge down there im sure things will start to take shape. Also he is willing to rebuild.
wrenny