Author Topic: Daniel Jackson [merged]  (Read 44779 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Daniel Jackson
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2007, 10:52:28 PM »
Well he kept Braun relatively quiet, and worked hard. I watched him closely all day - he'll keep his spot for next week on that.
agree!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2007, 12:40:46 AM »
Well he kept Braun relatively quiet, and worked hard. I watched him closely all day - he'll keep his spot for next week on that.
Agree GB that Jacko will keep his spot in the team. I think Terry will be happy he put his body in too and didn't shirk a contest like when he went hard at the ball on the wing to cause a stoppage knowing he would get clobbered by two Eagles in a tackle.

For the sake of his career though Jacko will need to win a fair bit of the ball himself. He just can't be a stopper.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerRocket

• Future Richmond star
  • Tigers 4 Ever
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2007, 12:53:31 AM »
Pretty good job by Jacko today. He certainly doesn't lack courage and has good pace and size. He clearly did a job on Braun and had him under control physically. He should keep his spot and could be used to give Sugar a break if his hand remains crook. :gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2007, 07:59:13 PM »
Plough said he loved Jacko's game in EOTT. I had him one of the favourites to get delisted at the end but if he can make himself our number one tagger he could save his AFL career after all and free up Sugar to a flank.

Daniel was so good early in the match that not only was he tagging his opponent, but pushing forward and causing Braun some genuine concern as an offensive weapon. So much so, that they put Braun into a forward pocket to get ‘Jacko’ out of the play. Jacko has shown us that with concentration he can play some very solid ‘run-with’ roles for the team.

http://210.50.4.102/rfc/

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2007, 08:09:59 PM »
It's not enough to just do a job.  You have to be able to get the ball yourself.  Just have a look at "stoppers" like KCornes, Rawlings, Stenglein, Kirk, Holland, etc and you will notice that they all are able to get their own footy.  And in order to do that you have to have sufficient football smarts in the form of reading of the play, awareness and positioning.  I'm afraid this is the area Jackson fails in.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Bulluss

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2007, 09:43:55 PM »
I heard that in a recent Coburg game, Jacko was tagging player X.

Player X came off the ground and he followed as per instructions.

Jacko then told the bench that they better tell him when player X goes back onto the field so he can continue to tag him.

If he isnt switched on enough to realise when his opponent is coming back on the ground then it doenst say much for his intelligence.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2007, 01:05:31 AM »
Jacko then told the bench that they better tell him when player X goes back onto the field so he can continue to tag him.

If he isnt switched on enough to realise when his opponent is coming back on the ground then it doenst say much for his intelligence.

I reckon that's a good sign bully, that is the bench's job, to keep an eye on what's going on on the sidelines. Jacko is better off concentrating on getting the footy.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

letsgetiton!

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2007, 07:35:55 AM »
jacko isnt stupid, he is quite intelligent actually

his VCE scores proved that

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2007, 08:44:24 AM »
It's not enough to just do a job.  You have to be able to get the ball yourself.  Just have a look at "stoppers" like KCornes, Rawlings, Stenglein, Kirk, Holland, etc and you will notice that they all are able to get their own footy.  And in order to do that you have to have sufficient football smarts in the form of reading of the play, awareness and positioning.  I'm afraid this is the area Jackson fails in.

Cornes, Stenglein, Kirk are all experienced players. Give Jacko time.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Bulluss

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2007, 08:51:11 AM »
Jacko certainly has the physical attributes to play the game, it is the mental side that lets him down.

I dont care what he scored in his VCE, doesnt mean he has any clue on the footy field.

In saying that i still think he deserves a few games to prove himself.

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2007, 10:09:25 AM »
I think jackson just need to find his position....he has a big body and has shown he can run and carry the ball. his attack on the ball cant questioned, watched him at coburg and just really took some sides apart with his attack and run.

im a big fan,i think he has massive potential.....but like i said, he just needs to find his possie!

i hope he makes it because i think with a long run in the 1's he will show us what he can do and that he belongs there.

still young aswell so time is on his side! i think thats one problem with us supporters! we want our young kids to flourish straight away and sometimes it just doesnt happen!
Pain is Temporary, Pride Lasts Forever!................Keep ya heads up Tiges!

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2007, 01:00:12 PM »
i agree that he needs to find his position ... WHICH IS IN THE BACKLINE !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

he isn't a forward or midfielder ... why play him up forward ???

he is still 20 or 21 and hasn't been given a shot really i believe ...

and VCE v AFL no comparisment !!!

Brock McLean got an ENTER score of less then 20 !!! ... accutally less then 10 !!! ...

and look at him now !

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2007, 06:47:03 PM »
Plough in EOTT has been pleased with Jacko over the past month.
He has been playing good football over the past month, both at Coburg and AFL level with us, but his three-goal return on the night was very valuable, with that goal he kicked just before half-time simply irresistible. Daniel has really worked his way into the side, playing both run-with roles and as a hit-up forward.

http://210.50.4.102/rfc/

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2007, 10:04:15 PM »
I'd be very happy if he proves me wrong but I still don't think Jacko will make it. 4 years in the system and still on the fringe. He'd have to have far more valuable games like Saturday night than not in the next 13 weeks to save himself IMO.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2007, 12:39:37 AM »
Unfortunatleu he's one those players that seems disposable to the team after he has one bad game when Johnno, Tivs and Petts continue to get chances.  :shh
EAT EM ALIVE!