Author Topic: Team for Round 1  (Read 3992 times)

Gordon Bennett

Re: Team for Round 1
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2007, 12:14:12 PM »
My reading of it is that Polak may play forward and also help a little in the ruck. Knobel didn't participate properly at training yesterday, if I recall MT's notes, so they're leaving him out because he's not fit to play. Therefore, they're going in with 1 ruckman because Graham is not worthy, and Patto is the only one that's fit.
With polak forward/ruck, they need cover down back, and that's why Moore and McGuane are both included. They'll need someone with enough height, like Moore, to play on Fisher, who is good in the air and has been in good form.

I think the bench will be Hyde, Howat and P.Bowden, plus one of Moore/McGuane, so there's still a fair amount of run off the bench, MT.

Jackstar

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2007, 12:30:33 PM »
Can tell you if Moore plays on Fisher, game will be over at quarter time sorry to say. ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2007, 02:35:09 PM »
My reading of it is that Polak may play forward and also help a little in the ruck. Knobel didn't participate properly at training yesterday, if I recall MT's notes, so they're leaving him out because he's not fit to play. Therefore, they're going in with 1 ruckman because Graham is not worthy, and Patto is the only one that's fit.
With polak forward/ruck, they need cover down back, and that's why Moore and McGuane are both included. They'll need someone with enough height, like Moore, to play on Fisher, who is good in the air and has been in good form.

I think the bench will be Hyde, Howat and P.Bowden, plus one of Moore/McGuane, so there's still a fair amount of run off the bench, MT.

Fair enough GB. I'm just concerned Hyde due to his interrupted preseason and Paddy will be used as forwards rather than as running players through the midfield. Let's hope you're on the money and they can run all day off the bench. You're right about Knobel. He isn't fit and they didn't risk him. Sugar said during the week that Knobs might not be ready until round 2.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2007, 12:38:22 AM »
Seems to be a suggestion on another site that Daniel Connors will make his debut tomorrow , in place of who i dont know..

And yes the other site is the site many people here don't have much time for so feel free to ignore this post!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2007, 12:52:09 AM »
Yep it would be a surprise inclusion as Connors hasn't been seen at training or played for 2 weeks.

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2007, 12:54:59 AM »
Ahh forget it then , should know better than to trust internet rumours :)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2007, 02:00:26 AM »

WHY THE F*** IS MOORE AND MCGUANE IN THE TEAM ...

WHAT IS THERE OBSESSION WITH THESE TWO ???

the players that shouldn't be in the team are:

Tivendale, Hyde, Moore and McGuane !

WHY DON'T THEY GIVE KING OR MEYER A GO !

meyer is a better half-forward or forward then hyde will ever be, and he has only played a handful of matches ...

why bother with Moore and McGuane ???

for our backline ??? ...

they will make it just as worse !!!

... give Daniel Jackson another go ...

2004 he was good in the backline !