Author Topic: Richmond vs Sydney gameday thread  (Read 4325 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Richmond vs Sydney gameday thread
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 03:21:03 PM »
Richmond in with a chance at half time.

Sydney        6.6.42
Richmond     5.2.32

Tivendale, Richo, Lids and the Bowdens in the bests so far

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 03:25:29 PM »
Oh to be mentioned in the same breath as Jennifer Hawkins.

Half time - 10 points down. 

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 04:05:59 PM »
4 points down at 3/4 time

Richo starting to fire up  :thumbsup

Lids has his tail up. Close to BOG for us

Ox

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »
CCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 04:15:10 PM »
Richmond in front   :gotigers

Schulz just taken a mark but hooked ot  :banghead

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 04:43:26 PM »
We lost, but it was a great game.

Lids was very very classy, probably his best game to date. Ran hard all day, got plenty of the footy, and used it very well. Hopefully he continues on with the form he has found.

Tambo was excellent in patches. Needs to exert more influence on the game though.

Richo worked hard. Bowdens were solid, Sugar played a reasonable game without standing out.

Thought McGuane and Patto showed a bit.

Not dissapointed by the loss, now looking forward to giving Collingwood a pasting  :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 04:51:45 PM »
due to easter commitments unable to go to the game today but watched on foxtel1. I have to be fair last week I sledged the side but this week they played well. We werent good enough in the last 10 minutes thats all. I thought Deledio was excellent, Tambling showed why he can be a player- now the thing is can we get him to get the footy 20 times a game, I thought Polak was very also. McGuane shows abit and is better than what I thought. Overall it was a good team effort- pretty even performance from most of the team. We lost, but no one can or should complain today- we were very honest in our performance right to the end. I often dont criticise umpires but today I thought we got the rough end of the stick.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »
due to easter commitments unable to go to the game today but watched on foxtel1. I have to be fair last week I sledged the side but this week they played well. We werent good enough in the last 10 minutes thats all. I thought Deledio was excellent, Tambling showed why he can be a player- now the thing is can we get him to get the footy 20 times a game, I thought Polak was very also. McGuane shows abit and is better than what I thought. Overall it was a good team effort- pretty even performance from most of the team. We lost, but no one can or should complain today- we were very honest in our performance right to the end. I often dont criticise umpires but today I thought we got the rough end of the stick.

Agreed, Lids played a super game and in time will make any Murphy/Gibbs/Griffen and etc vs Deledio thread just completely irrelevant. Tambo was fantastic in flashes. Probably played about 5 or so minutes of real classy football, but went missing for the majority of the game. Once he starts producing over the majority of a game he will become an absolut gun.  :thumbsup

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 05:29:10 PM »
Watched the game on FTA and whilst we didn't win, I too thought we played well and improved on last weeks performance. The best thing was even though we were well and truly out rucked, we won the clearances against one of the best clearance sides in the game. Lids really stepped up and gave us some excellent drive. It was also great to see that when it looked like the swans were going to blitz us, we clawed our way back each time. We did get slaughtered by the umps, especially our forwards, but the Swans experience showed in the last 15 minutes when the game was there to be won by both sides.

We'll learn from this and on that showing I'm confident well improve further next week.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2007, 06:29:07 PM »
Agree with everyone's comments. Disappointed that we couldn't get across the line when we hit the front but at least the team had a crack and kept fighting when the Swans could have blown the game out of the water. We just did some dumb decision making in the first and last quarters both rebounding outside 50 and going inside our forward 50 which the Swans with their class and experience made us pay for. They just had greater composure when the game had to won. Hopefully for us that will come as the young blokes get more games under their belt.

Gas had his best game in years. Gave Hall a bath and his disposal was actually good today. He also gave us some run out of the backline.

Lids best game for the Club. He got our third quarter comeback going.

Thought Hyde was very valuable today with the things he did.

Richo looked like he was still lacking match fitness in the first half but got better as the game went along.

Polak was the better match up for Everitt than Patto although Everitt was the difference in the ruck contests. We missed Simmo again badly. It especially hurt us near goal at both ends. The Swans got some easy crumbing goals from Everitt and Jolly's taps over the back.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 06:56:16 PM »
Today as well as last week really showed up our lack of depth in our ruck stocks. Patto, I primarily see as a 2nd ruckman who rotates around the ground. I'm confident that once Simmo comes back in, things will start to click back into place.

We also need to nab a good young ruckman this year. In the draft we might be able to get one of Kreuzer or Bellchambers. But looking at other clubs, we could try and nab a promising young ruckman. Adelaide's Meesen could be one

letsgetiton!

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2007, 06:58:52 PM »
ladies and gents
we will win
had a preminition last night, a dream!
we come back from behind in the last quarter to win

polo bog 4 goals!!!

:thumbsup :thumbsup

first time in 6 months that i have not dreamed about julz :thumbsup or jennifer hawkins   :lol

go tigers!

ok , my dream got it right, but not really .

in my dream, there were different umpires out there.

not being a sore loser as im proud of teh boys , they tried and played damn hard today.

but seriously, we were crucified by the umpires today, absolutely 2 sets of rules out there and i went off my rocker . lucky u cant brings guns to the G as i woudl have shot those umpires dead! they were pathetic with a capital P!

well done tigers boys, we improved 102 points compared to last yr!

Moi

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2007, 07:37:01 PM »
Good effort - no injuries  :thumbsup
Did anyone see what happened to Hyde before the game?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2007, 07:38:03 PM »
Disappointed we didn't win - 2 costly turnovers in the final qtr when we were right on top.

Thought Lids was great - best game he has played.

Polak is going to be good for us. Has some real footy smarts :clapping :clapping

Was impressed with McGuane's game - still has alot to learn and areas to improve but you cannot fault his endeavour or his commitment to the contest.

Moore was good on O'Keefe (who I thinkis one oft he best palyers in the comp) - needs to work on his disposal though (but hey he is not alone)

Again I found myself screaming at blokes for not chasing or putting pressure on the opposition.

Half way through the frist qtr I thought it was going to be blow out but to the Tigers credit they kept hanging in there. Not a doubt in my mind Simmo and Brown out there today (especially Simmo) and we would have won that game.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Bulluss

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2007, 08:34:05 PM »
If we had played a more attacking type of footy in the first qtr we may have been closer or even in front.

I dont understand why we flooded so heavily in the first qtr, no need for it. Those people talking about how boring Sydney are should look at they way we played in the first qtr, it was a disgrace. Pushed numbers back and then trying to hit players running forward is impossible with our skill level.

To their credit, the team turned it around and played a more attacking brand of footy in the second half. Still think we should have won, too many costly errors when delivering inside F50. I think that too many of our players push inside 50 too early and take up too much room. It gets too congested for the likes of Richo and Shultz.

Once Kingsley is back we are going to need a more open forward line and give him space to run and lead into.